What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL 18th franchise would be one of the most important decisions ever made in rugby league history
It will certainly set out the NRL's foreseeable future and give us strong indication of their strategy and if they have finally shaken off their conservative shackles and have a plan to take this great game beyond where it is.

I am still not convinced 20 teams is really on the radar to the point they know where and when so club 18 is going to be a massive decision.

Abdo said end of this year decision will be announced so not long to find out now.

The miserable prick from Perth is still whinging about the ARLC prioritising markets that care about the game over ones that do not. If he doesn't like the way things are done here then he's more than welcome to f**k off back to East Hull and follow a tiny RL club that plays in a hillbilly competition.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
I still think...

18...NZ2 (wellington)
19 and 20 ....Melb2 (western city) and Ipswich....in whatever order and however many years apart from each other and years after 18 enters.

NRL hurts RU more in NZ. Ideal rivalry game now in NZ.

NRL hinders AFL in western Brisbane, but gives other SEQ teams time to solidify. Definitely need another SEQ team in the 20, the whole SoO thing, etc.

Melb2, based in western melb where govt i think is funding/supporting another rectangle stadium for a-league team, also creates an ideal rivalry in Melb. Participation and interest in RL growing, so 5-10 years for this good timing

ARL focusing on the eastern seaboard, where the majority of Aust population is, and NZ on the east, so easier access back and forth for the teams, and tv slots etc.

Centy Coast

Juniors
99% chance no one has a clue who team 18 is.
100% agree here, PNG is the favourite but they aren’t over the line.
NZ2, Perth and Bris3 are the other contenders, forget anybody else.
Melb2 won’t happen as Bris3 have their players covered.
Around league circles (Melb/BrisEasts/Bears/Knights/Wynnum/Burleigh) there is a lot of talk amoung the players of Bris3.
I’ve heard it again and again from many players and it’s not going away.

mongoose

Coach
100% agree here, PNG is the favourite but they aren’t over the line.
NZ2, Perth and Bris3 are the other contenders, forget anybody else.
Melb2 won’t happen as Bris3 have their players covered.
Around league circles (Melb/BrisEasts/Bears/Knights/Wynnum/Burleigh) there is a lot of talk amoung the players of Bris3.
I’ve heard it again and again from many players and it’s not going away.

why would players know though? the media would surely know more than them

Latest posts