What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Canard

Immortal
Imagine what any fan of another sport would think of the claim that the Dolphins are the "2nd biggest RL club in the world" and yet regularly play games in front of 10k fans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its a pointless argument Brisbane3 are not going to be team 18 and are highly unlikely to be team 19 or 20 either. Meanwhile Hull will continue to have two A grade SL clubs lol. The pain and angst this causes some fckwits on here is hilarious.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Imagine what any fan of another sport would think of the claim that the Dolphins are the "2nd biggest RL club in the world" and yet regularly play games in front of 10k fans.
They cant even get 10k fans at Redcliffe, did you see all the empty seats at last rounds game? Probably did alright on the pokies though.

Didn't you used to argue that one of the Dragons or Sharks should be culled because they cover a small population?

Says West Coast are smaller than Broncos because of ratings but Dolphins are 2nd biggest NRL club because of crowds and memberships, hmm.
I was following the logic put forward by you, Perth Red and Dane. I no longer follow your convoluted logic because it is all over the place and makes no sense.

One minute you and your mates are saying we can put an NRL team in Adelaide tomorrow, despite there being no bidders and very little grassroots development and are governed by a commission that doesn't fund expansion. If anyone disagrees with this baseless claim then you and your mates call them an "AFL troll", then you accuse them of believing the game cannot expand into new markets. If people suggest we expand into a truly new market, such as Singapore, you lot say it'll never work and laugh at the idea, despite it being based on the premiss that our product can win over any market if we put enough effort in.

One minute you're whinging about Sydney having nine clubs. Your solution is to keep Brisbane under represented because there's only limited licences available. You don't really stand for anything and are just a bunch of whiny windbags.

The only markets you and your mates are interested in are fumbleball cities that don't care for the game. It's as if you lot want to put teams in Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth for no other reason than to get into dick measuring exercises with AwFuL fans on Reddit and The Roar about which sport is "more national".

Its a pointless argument Brisbane3 are not going to be team 18 and are highly unlikely to be team 19 or 20 either. Meanwhile Hull will continue to have two A grade SL clubs lol. The pain and angst this causes some fckwits on here is hilarious.
Your biased opinion isn't a fact. Get that through your thick skull. A few years ago you and your mates claimed Brisbane was unlikely to have a second team and laughed at the prospect of a BRL club getting the 17th licence.

All of your predictions about the Broncos and Dolphins were wrong.

You laughed at the notion that PNG would be considered for a licence and said Perth were going to be the 18th team.

After the Battle for Brisbane game you said the broadcasters don't want another Brisbane team. On that very night the Head of Strategy WWOS, Simon Fordham said the network does want another team in Brisbane. He didn't say anything about Perth.

It's funny watching your bullshit claims get bulldozed by reality.

Dolphins average over 32k at Lang Park. Only one rugby league club on this planet averages more people to its home games.

Using crowds at venues with a limited capacity to gauge a team's popularity is just dumb. It's even dumb for a two-headed hillbilly that has zero brain cells.

How many times has Perth Red argued against Sutherland having a club because their population is 231k?
In fairness, PR has stopped the Shark putdowns for a while now.
He has admitted that for a small club we are better run than a lot of other clubs.
If he ever does it now it's more in jest, or throwing out bait.

You used to put the Sharks down with a helluva lot of vitriol as well.

In fairness, PR has stopped the Shark putdowns for a while now.
He has admitted that for a small club we are better run than a lot of other clubs.
If he ever does it now it's more in jest, or throwing out bait.

You used to put the Sharks down with a helluva lot of vitriol as well.
That was when I bought in to the doom and gloom shit PR was saying about expansion, broadcast rights and pokies.

Sharks are heading in the right direction. It would be good if they took their Derby games against the Dragons to the SFS. They could make a lot of money in front of a big crowd on a Sunday arvo. Games against Rabbitohs and Roosters could draw strong crowds at the SFS on a Sunday arvo.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Dolphins average over 32k at Lang Park. Only one rugby league club on this planet averages more people to its home games.

Using crowds at venues with a limited capacity to gauge a team's popularity is just dumb. It's even dumb for a two-headed hillbilly that has zero brain cells.
Only dumb two-headed hillbillies would play out of a 10k capacity ground when they're capable of attracting 32k+ at another venue.

You don't get to cherry pick their attendance at Suncorp to cover for their stupidity either.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I was following the logic put forward by you, Perth Red and Dane. I no longer follow your convoluted logic because it is all over the place and makes no sense.
WTF is our "logic" exactly?

See this is your f**king problem. This isn't a team sport, there're are no sides, combatants, whatever the f**k.

PR, mongoose, and I don't share an opinion, and I'd be willing to bet that you're totally incapable of accurately representing my opinion on anything, let alone anybody else's.

WTF is our "logic" exactly?

See this is your f**king problem. This isn't a team sport, there're are no sides, combatants, whatever the f**k.

PR, mongoose, and I don't share an opinion, and I'd be willing to bet that you're totally incapable of accurately representing my opinion on anything, let alone anybody else's.
You both hate "suburban" clubs from Brisbane and Sydney and believe the game needs to expand into Adelaide and Perth.

I'm not totally against Adelaide and Perth, FWIW. However, the reasons people on here give for parachuting teams into Adelaide and Perth don't add up. The value of these cities is grossly overstated and the game is doing just fine without them.

You like to shit on the Dolphins for playing out of Dolphin Oval. Despite playing a few games at a small stadium, they managed to average 25k over 12 games. That's more than your club has ever pulled in one season.

The Dolphins are sponsored by the Moreton Bay Regional Council. For all we know their sponsorship deal might require them to play games in Moreton Bay?