What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth should count zero game members

they would have 31k including you as members
ok we’ll count the people who turned out for one game last year, so 45k members lol. Dolphins are fudging the numbers as much as tigers did. Membership numbers are worthless as totally being fudged with freebies and one game cheap memberships by clubs now.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Can you please provide the percentage breakdowns of one game memberships v 4, 6 and 12 game memberships for both the Broncos and Dolphins as I'm interested to see where you are getting the data from to make such claims.

I can't imagine those percentages are any different to any other NRL or AFL club either so they aren't doing anything different to anyone else. Except finding a way to attract more revenue from the Brisbane sporting public.

I leave memberships aside until you provide those figures... how about attendances? On average 35k more people attended games in Brisbane in 2023 than did in 2022.

How about RL taking up more available sponsorship dollars in Brisbane... how about TV ratings?

Yeah... no meaningful growth since the Dolphins came in....
What claims exactly? That the Broncos and Dolphins, among others, sell single game memberships? Why would I make that up?!

https://am.ticketmaster.com/brisbanebroncos/ONEgame

https://membership.dolphinsnrl.com.au/packages

Of course I don't have breakdowns of their membership numbers, my criticism is exactly that they sell BS memberships like single games and don't provide breakdowns of their numbers. The only reason you'd do that is if you're intentionally trying to mislead people and potential partners into thinking you have a larger and/or more passionate fanbase than you do in reality!

Furthermore, the fact that others do something immoral and dishonest isn't justification for you to do so as well. No matter who's doing it it's wrong and the NRL should put a stop to it, or at least force the clubs to be transparent about their numbers.

BTW, I'm not as a familiar with all the AFL club's membership systems, so maybe I'm wrong or there's some exception I'm not aware of, but I'm pretty sure that the AFL doesn't allow nonsense anywhere near as bad as single game memberships. Frankly they don't need to BS people like that, and it should be concerning that some NRL clubs do feel it's necessary/acceptable and that the supposed jewels in the crown in Brisbane are amongst them.
You'd think that of all the NRL clubs the Broncos, and Dolphins to lesser extent, would never need to so blatantly fudge numbers like that, and if they're comfortable with that then what other numbers, if any, are they willing to fudge?! We'll probably never know, but it's should be concerning to any honest fan.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
ok we’ll count the people who turned out for one game last year, so 45k members lol. Dolphins are fudging the numbers as much as tigers did. Membership numbers are worthless as totally being fudged with freebies and one game cheap memberships by clubs now.
Only time you have ever been worried about fusging membership numbers is the dolphins

obviously you should’ve started with questioning membership number in your beloved afl

Membership numbers are worthless as totally being fudged with freebies and one game cheap memberships by clubs now.
It hasn't stopped you from lauding the Eagles for having "over 100k members". You love bringing up the Swans and Lions, too.

AwFuL clubs have baby and pet memberships, FWIW. A baby or a dog cannot choose to buy a membership.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only time you have ever been worried about fusging membership numbers is the dolphins

obviously you should’ve started with questioning membership number in your beloved afl
You clearly dont follow the membership thread if you think thats true lol. Ive been calling out memberships for the past 18 months as BS. Tigers just confirmed by opinion.
afl again? Stick to NRL discussion mate.

Reality is dolphins have less than 10k full game members as playing at Redcliffe limits it to that number.
They've probably got another 10k or so Suncorp or part time members. The rest are one offs getting a game ticket cheaper than paying at gate. They are not alone, most if not all NRL clubs are fudging them these days to make it look like they have a bigger active fanbases than the reality. Freebies for local players and one off game memberships have totally thrown any legitimacy out the window.

Wb1234

Referee
You clearly dont follow the membership thread if you think thats true lol. Ive been calling out memberships for the past 18 months as BS. Tigers just confirmed by opinion.
afl again? Stick to NRL discussion mate.

Reality is dolphins have less than 10k full game members as playing at Redcliffe limits it to that number.
They've probably got another 10k or so Suncorp or part time members. The rest are one offs getting a game ticket cheaper than paying at gate. They are not alone, most if not all NRL clubs are fudging them these days to make it look like they have a bigger active fanbases than the reality. Freebies for local players and one off game memberships have totally thrown any legitimacy out the window.
So titans and dolphins were a mistake

and Perth will be the saviour the nrl doesn’t need

Perth Red

Post Whore
So titans and dolphins were a mistake

and Perth will be the saviour the nrl doesn’t need
Nope, they are what they are. Pretending they are something they are not is a pointless exercise.
Titnas have survived (just) difficult times in a difficult location for NRL traditionally
Dolphins are doing well in first 2 years.
Perth may or may not happen and if it does hopefully it will be successful as that will be good for rugby league.
As a rugby league fan Id have thought you'd be happy for that? As a Swans fan I guess not.

Wb1234

Referee
Nope, they are what they are. Pretending they are something they are not is a pointless exercise.
Titnas have survived (just) difficult times in a difficult location for NRL traditionally
Dolphins are doing well in first 2 years.
Perth may or may not happen and if it does hopefully it will be successful as that will be good for rugby league.
As a rugby league fan Id have thought you'd be happy for that? As a Swans fan I guess not.
More important clubs than Perth to bring into the league

png
Nz2
Brisbane 3

Even nz3 or brisbane 4 offer more than Perth

If you weren’t selfish you would see that

Perth Red

Post Whore
More important clubs than Perth to bring into the league

png
Nz2
Brisbane 3

Even nz3 or brisbane 4 offer more than Perth

If you weren’t selfish you would see that
yeh ignoring the countries wealthiest and 4th biggest city with a 76 year RL history makes so much sense, to you at least lol