What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Norths and Balmain should have merged way back when.

Sad time in RL. Remember at one point they were looking to cut Penrith because of the magic criteria? What a genius move that would have been.

The Titans, Bris 2 and Perth Bears is a move to redress some of the outcomes of the war. They just need to make sure they can get it to work for the present and future… not just the past.
@MugaB mmm panthers being cut wonder where I’ve heard that before

Perth Red

Post Whore
I honestly can’t see the Bears NSW Cup side playing out of Perth, way to much $$$ flying so many team all over Aust.
You would attract more players from QLD and NSW if the Bears NSW Cup side stays were it is.
That’s was one of the main reasons the Storm linked with the Bears again as flying players to QLD was proving very costly.
A majority of the Storm players want to be in NSW not QLD and it would be the same with WA.
Anyways as I had said before they have until 2030 to work this stuff out.
Only way it will work logistically. the best 20 plus year olds making up the 36 man squad will be based in perth long with a few fringe nsw cup players. The idea isnt to attract players to the NSW cup. Its to attract players who want to play first grade and to do that they need to be training with the first grade squad and coaches as much as possible. there is no logic to Perth running a NSW cup side based in Sydney.

Wb1234

Referee
If it’s not being sold to Sydney people then there should be no qualms with the North Sydney district being handed off to another NRL team if the Bears are moving to WA. Everyone wins then, the Bears get their name and colours back in the NRL, WA won’t get white-anted by people wanting the Bears back in Sydney and kids on the North Shore can have a Sydney NRL team that’s present and can engage with the area.

The Bears will never agree to that though because their new market doesn’t matter to them as much as their ability to hold onto the North Shore in any deal to re-enter the NRL.
You already got Blacktown and made a mess of that now you want your grubby paws on the north shore ?

Lmao no chance

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth has no choice

they will do what pvl tells them or they get nothing
simple lol Reality is Vlandys tries to foster a sydney club on Perth by telling us its that or nothing it will be a disaster. he isnt as dumb as you.
he will advocate for Bears to join with Perth consortium as he is sydney myopic but if they say no ARLC will still bring Perth is as long as they tick the boxes.

Wb1234

Referee
Will Western Australians accept a Sydney club?

Cumins reckons they won't.

If Cumins is right then Perth Bears is a risky proposition.

Is there any confirmation Perth is the 19th team, or is Perth Rat jumping to conclusions?

A couple of years ago he was adamant Perth would get the 18th licence.
I’ve always believed Perth would be 19

would they accept the bears ? I wouldn’t judge all Perth fans by the dopes posting on here

Centy Coast

Juniors
I’ve always believed Perth would be 19

would they accept the bears ? I wouldn’t judge all Perth fans by the dopes posting on here
Get out to the local games, talk to the rugby league people in Perth, most just want a team to support.
If it’s based in Perth it’ll work, if it’s linked to the Bears it’ll work, the Bears haven’t been in the top league for 25 years, 31 years by the time this happens, Perth haven’t had a team at the top level for 27 years, 33 years when this actually may happen 2030.

Wb1234

Referee
Get out to the local games, talk to the rugby league people in Perth, most just want a team to support.
If it’s based in Perth it’ll work, if it’s linked to the Bears it’ll work, the Bears haven’t been in the top league for 25 years, 31 years by the time this happens, Perth haven’t had a team at the top level for 27 years, 33 years when this actually may happen 2030.
You’re one of the few people on this thread that gets out to games (me included lmao)

reanimate

Bench
So you're worried about North Sydney doing a Manly?
I’m hoping it won’t end up being a generally suboptimal arrangement all around as it seems like it could be. It’s all 20 years too late to make a Swans-style strategy work as well as it could have, all the focus around the Bears being back and hyping up the idea that they’ll play at NSO runs the risk of putting off parochial WA types and the North Shore will likely continue to be a poor cousin of its neighbouring regions, with little interaction with an NRL team and no good reason for North Shore kids with no ties to the Bears to support them.
No geniusmate wants Manly to grab the North Shore for themselves when the Bears go to WA, hell Manly ignore the Northern Beaches and get all their players from Blacktown why would they bother with the North Shore.
Manly had their chance, they could’ve been a part of the North Shore and the Central Coast but they wanted everything for themselves, the Central Coast people stopped attending games in droves, Manly got the message and returned back to Brokevale.
Manly would be my preference in that scenario, but someone like the Roosters getting the area would be far superior than the Bears continuing to hold the area. If Manly upsets you, imagine the Roosters getting the North Shore in that scenario. The Bears get their name and colours back in the NRL, the focus around Sydney will be limited and on WA where it should be and kids on the North Shore can grow up with the Roosters developing the area.

Iamback

Coach

It really is that simple. Perth bid team doesn't contact Bears IF they think it won't work

Iamback

Coach
Norths Collective - formerly Norths Group.

If you’re wondering what that is - it’s the model Panthers Group used to set up long term investment and financial security. Goes beyond footy.

Do some research mate.

Nah every Sydney team = pokie den according to the expert.

Norths Collective owns gyms etc too it is how they can afford to keep sniffing around

I’m hoping it won’t end up being a generally suboptimal arrangement all around as it seems like it could be. It’s all 20 years too late to make a Swans-style strategy work as well as it could have, all the focus around the Bears being back and hyping up the idea that they’ll play at NSO runs the risk of putting off parochial WA types and the North Shore will likely continue to be a poor cousin of its neighbouring regions, with little interaction with an NRL team and no good reason for North Shore kids with no ties to the Bears to support them.

Manly would be my preference in that scenario, but someone like the Roosters getting the area would be far superior than the Bears continuing to hold the area. If Manly upsets you, imagine the Roosters getting the North Shore in that scenario. The Bears get their name and colours back in the NRL, the focus around Sydney will be limited and on WA where it should be and kids on the North Shore can grow up with the Roosters developing the area.
If we get PNG and Perth Bears as the next two teams then I fear the game will be setting itself up for a very uncertain future. So much could go wrong and set the game back if the worse case scenario becomes reality.

Imagine if the funding for PNG is scrapped by an LNP Gov midway through a broadcast rights cycle?

What happens if the PNG club cannot lure quality players?

What happens if Cumins' claims about Western Australians' parochialism leads to the Perth Bears drawing limited support?

What if the Perth Bears is a financial disaster due to poor crowd support in a parochial fumbleball market?

What happens if the talent pool is diluted so much that there's not enough quality players to keep Melbourne and Perth competitive?

We know the clubs don't want PNG.

blue bags

First Grade
People come up with conspiracy theories

they think norths will try and move back to Sydney full time

plus they look at the mess the joint venture clubs like dragons and saints are and want to avoid it

plus they may also want to choose their own identity and colours
Dragon's and Saints are the same club
You surely meant Dragon's. Tiger's
🤔

Nah every Sydney team = pokie den according to the expert.

Norths Collective owns gyms etc too it is how they can afford to keep sniffing around
Panthers off the field have been making an absolute killing with Panthers Group - it’s an extremely successful set up. I’ve enjoyed seeing it grow - the business people who lead the charge are some of the best business individuals I’ve met.

Norths Collective formerly Norths Group - there’s been sniffing around at expanding into new territories. There is always goals for growth at a sustainable level to make sure each time the organisation expands, it’ll be a success.

Again - as you appreciate and understand - this goes beyond footy but it is also so important to it.

Wb1234

Referee
Panthers off the field have been making an absolute killing with Panthers Group - it’s an extremely successful set up. I’ve enjoyed seeing it grow - the business people who lead the charge are some of the best business individuals I’ve met.

Norths Collective formerly Norths Group - there’s been sniffing around at expanding into new territories. There is always goals for growth at a sustainable level to make sure each time the organisation expands, it’ll be a success.

Again - as you appreciate and understand - this goes beyond footy but it is also so important to it.
Perth red thinks the limit of north Sydney is their leagues club funding the nswrl club to the tune of 146k lol

Latest posts