What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

docbrown

Coach
It's only been the bears that have said they have non negotiable. That's not a good sign when one partner is doing that.
If the Bears don't get a franchise because they were unreasonable then I'd have no pity for them. Just like I'll have no pity for Perth either if that's the case with them.

I have no particularly loyalty to either group. You're the biased party here.

But if Bears get a franchise because they were flexible and WA doesn't because they weren't, then so be it. They would have deserved it more.

he will advocate for Bears to join with Perth consortium as he is sydney myopic but if they say no ARLC will still bring Perth is as long as they tick the boxes.

This is just your biased opinion.

If the business case doesn't stack up he'll tell Cumins to get f**ked.

There are boxes Perth do not tick.

• No high performance training centre.
  • Poor corporate facilities at PRS.
  • Terrible time zone for FTA.
  • Lack of quality juniors.
  • Small RL community in a parochial fumbleball market.
  • Tyranny of distance between Perth and the east coast. Perth will need to fly lower age teams across the country every fortnight because the NRLWA isn't up to standard. The Eagles and Dockers field their teams in the WAFL.

To argue it "ticks all the boxes" you would need to be insane or biased. In your case, a bit of both.

docbrown

Coach
Of course cubs will move games if it's financially beneficial. State govts and stadiums have funded those
A 10k ground will be a loss makong endeavour and the NRL won't pay a club to play at bear Park. Cmon
You were just criticising the Tigers for doing the same thing. Yet you're okay with it if it happens in Perth.

shewi6

Juniors
How is a club taking 1 out of over a 100 games in sydney (for money, so crowd size is irrelevant) even remotely comparable to taking 1 of 12 games from an expansion team on the other side of the country?

Sydney is oversaturated when it comes to games to attend.
And what indication has any club given, especially manly, that they would work with opposition clubs to put on a game and share the gate?
Not to mention the club you want them to work with is their historical, hated rival who they actively killed.
And you think they will take a home game to an opposition stadium that is older, less capacity and with absoloutely no corporate facilities even when comparing to the shithole that is brookvale.

If sydney clubs had any foresight and were interested in actually making games an event that people wanted to go to then every game the east sydney clubs played against each other would be at the sfs with a minimum of 25k there regardless of form. Same for the west clubs but at accor.

Bukowski

Juniors
If the Bears don't get a franchise because they were unreasonable then I'd have no pity for them. Just like I'll have no pity for Perth either if that's the case with them.

I have no particularly loyalty to either group. You're the biased party here.

But if Bears get a franchise because they were flexible and WA doesn't because they weren't, then so be it. They would have deserved it more.
Yeah, I'll admit to my bias. But seeing as you started a thread just to bait someone from Perth I'm thinking there's a part of you wanting it to be the Perth Bears just to troll.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah, I'll admit to my bias. But seeing as you started a thread just to bait someone from Perth I'm thinking there's a part of you wanting it to be the Perth Bears just to troll.
Funny thing is I’m not against a bears link up, under the right agreement. They are trolling because they think it’s winding me up but I’ll be a full member of a perth bears club if it’s setup right.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I never said that at all. I think selling home games is ridiculous , no matter where.
Im saying no one is paying a club to play at bear Park.
We can do what the dolphins did With SC, say we’ll play at nso then after one year abandon it lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
“Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later,” he said.

He didnt say it wasnt.

the fact the cumins consortium has been told it needs to show it has $30mill surety would suggest nrl is very much open to a stand alone Perth club.

you have to remember this is Sydney media asking him the questions and it always leads with could it be bears. It’s not surprising his answer is yes it could be, that gives them a Sydney story to write about perth.

“Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later,” he said.

He didnt say it wasnt.

the fact the cumins consortium has been told it needs to show it has $30mill surety would suggest nrl is very much open to a stand alone Perth club.

you have to remember this is Sydney media asking him the questions and it always leads with could it be bears. It’s not surprising his answer is yes it could be, that gives them a Sydney story to write about perth.
It could also be South Island Kea or Brisbane Tigers. No one is guaranteed of a spot until it's announced by V'landys. A lot will hinge on what the WA Gov is willing to offer the ARLC.

Centy Coast

Juniors

He didnt say it wasnt.

You also have to remember it was V’Landys who announced it to the media in the first place, in retaliation to Cumins preferring to go it alone, V’Landys virtually telling him, “stay in your lane buddy”.

mongoose

Coach
This thread is hilarious

from the clueless perf fans to the jealous manly fan

and the actual knowledgeable league fans taking the Mickey out of them

pert fans probably don’t even know how many tackles there are in a set of six
the only thing that's hilarious is your cringe running commentary