What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Bukowski

Juniors
I'll be honest. I'm pro the best bidder. If that's Perth then that's great. The NRL is in a position where multiple cities will work.

But I am 100% anti Perth Red. I make no secret about it, I'm sorry if I was too subtle for you.

The potential comedy from Perth Red shifting from bitching endlessly about not having a Perth team to bitching endlessly about having a Perth team that isn't good enough for him is just too priceless.
Well your getting likes from donkey. Something to hang your hat on. 😅

I'll be honest. I'm pro the best bidder. If that's Perth then that's great. The NRL is in a position where multiple cities will work.

But I am 100% anti Perth Red. I make no secret about it, I'm sorry if I was too subtle for you.

The potential comedy from Perth Red shifting from bitching endlessly about not having a Perth team to bitching endlessly about having a Perth team that isn't good enough for him is just too priceless.
I don't have a problem with Perth getting the 18th licence, but only if they put in the best bid. My objection to the Perth hype by Perth Rat and his supporters is they want V'landys to choose Perth regardless of whether it is the best bid because they're insecure about AwFuL.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Thats like saying not many people would tune into to watch the Storm in Sydney, which we know is nonsense.
If the ignorance of East coast RL people on here is anything to go by I very much doubt anyone over there even knows Perth had an SG ball side let alone let it influence if theyd tune in to an NRL game lol
People who know rugby league know, trust me.
Okay let’s put it this way, let’s say 2morro you said the West Coast Pirates are on TV and the Bears are on another channel who do you think viewers would watch ?.

Bukowski

Juniors
Trust me not many people I know would tune in to the West Coast Pirates, I’m not being a dick just stating my personal opinion.
I know they definately would if it was their debut game but it wouldn’t hold much weight for people over here.
Most people involved with rugby league would remember the West Coast Pirates being the whipping boys of the S.G.Ball competition many years ago holding the wooden spoon year after year after year.
But your a Bears fan. If the dolphins came is a the bears then it wouldn't effect the chances of me watching them either way.

Bukowski

Juniors
Okay let’s put it this way, let’s say 2morro you said the West Coast Pirates are on TV and the Bears are on another channel who do you think viewers would watch ?.
Depends on the opponent and how each team is performing. You are over stating how popular the bears are.

Thats like saying not many people would tune into to watch the Storm in Sydney, which we know is nonsense.
If the ignorance of East coast RL people on here is anything to go by I very much doubt anyone over there even knows Perth had an SG ball side let alone let it influence if theyd tune in to an NRL game lol
So you're back to pretending the Storm's strong ratings in Queensland and NSW aren't due to them being camped inside the top four over the bulk of their existence?

People will watch Perth, regardless of their form?

Iamback

Coach
fans tune in for many reasons. Form, star players, playing style etc are much bigger drivers for neutrals.
Im not sure there'll be many tuning in for Bears over Pirates in all honesty. There is little to suggest that will be the case.

all be it old data you can see 6 of the 7 lowest rated clubs were from sydney so why would Bears be any better?

View attachment 87973

Which a new club takes time to build up

The 200k fans, I think has some truth to it.

It likely is people who clicked like on Facebook or some other metric. Who would be the sort of passing viewers TV would be hoping to get.

As opposed to playing say Canberra on a Friday night.

Very few over there would watch due to the 4pm or 6pm start.

Very little interest in QLD, You hope a chunk of those Bears fans tune in then it makes that viable for TV.

The next TV deals will start going backwards if there are too many games fans have no interest in.

If Brisbane Easts could use the Tigers logo, They'd be better outside of that Bears seem the better fit

Matt_CBY

Juniors
some all Sydney games such as Manly v Sharks draw lower tv audiences than some non sydney clubs. Where's the evidence a Perth team called Bears will draw more audience than a perth team called Pirates?

So far all Ive heard is it might attract more fans to away games in sydney and it might attract more fta viewers in Sydney. I struggle to see how either matter to perth? If we are being asked to adopt a failed Sydney club and miss out on building our own club identity then I hope theres more in it for us than that!

You make some good points from time to time but comments like this one really hurt your credibility

Bukowski

Juniors
Which a new club takes time to build up

The 200k fans, I think has some truth to it.

It likely is people who clicked like on Facebook or some other metric. Who would be the sort of passing viewers TV would be hoping to get.

As opposed to playing say Canberra on a Friday night.

Very few over there would watch due to the 4pm or 6pm start.

Very little interest in QLD, You hope a chunk of those Bears fans tune in then it makes that viable for TV.

The next TV deals will start going backwards if there are too many games fans have no interest in.

If Brisbane Easts could use the Tigers logo, They'd be better outside of that Bears seem the better fit
Why would qlders be interested in the bears more than the pirates?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The team in form and most likely to provide an entertaining. Thats what neutrals want to see, they care little about the club name,

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you're back to pretending the Storm's strong ratings in Queensland and NSW aren't due to them being camped inside the top four over the bulk of their existence?

People will watch Perth, regardless of their form?
Ive literally being saying its got a lot more to do with form than it has the club lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
haha this is funny, those whove vehemently been telling us for over a year perth shouldnt get a team and wont get a team have now flipped and Perth should get a team 'if it ticks the boxes'. Dont ever change LU lol

Centy Coast

Juniors
Depends on the opponent and how each team is performing. You are over stating how popular the bears are.
The Bears would be a draw card but I am not a good person to ask as I watched last years CAS competition featuring WA, VIC and NT, it certainly does depend on who would be playing for a West Coast Pirates team and who they were playing against.
If a game is rubbish, I’ll walk away and do something else, with it still on in the background.
I can’t really speak for other people.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Bears would be a draw card but I am not a good person to ask as I watched last years CAS competition featuring WA, VIC and NT, it certainly does depend on who would be playing for a West Coast Pirates team and who they were playing against.
If a game is rubbish, I’ll walk away and do something else, with it still on in the background.
I can’t really speak for other people.
I think you will find most are the same, so it doesnt make much difference if its WC Pirates or Perth Bears playing, if the games good neutrals will watch, if its crap they wont.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's bitched endlessly about the idea of the Perth Bears for years.

I'm sure that Perth Red and yourself will be very happy together. Just don't expect to see him at any Perth games.
Again you're just Bs'ing. Ive never been against a Perth Bears club, in the right circumstances.
Im really not sure how many times I have to say it before it sinks into your thick skull?