What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Its ridiculous. I have to give up the team I currently follow to jump to the bears to prove I'm a league fan. I assume very league fan in Brisbane has to follow the broncos or redcliffe to qualify as a fan.
Wouldn’t you be doing that anyways for whatever a Perth team would be, if it isn’t a Bears brand?

Interesting conclusion you have there.

That's the sort of unbridled arrogance and total ignorance I expect from those Bears fans, who live in their own bubble.
Interesting thoughts - except you’re also missing the point. If the ARLC want another Dolphins type expansion side with ready made resources to take that next step to becoming a full fledged NRL club then the ingredients are already there.

How is that arrogance or ignorance? Do Bears as a rugby league club exist? Yes. Do Bears as a rugby league club have a strategy to relocate to cater to a new market? Yes. Does Perth have any infrastructure or business foundation in place to have a professional rugby league team right now? No. Would Perth require immediate NRL funding and boosting for both an NRL side and its pathways? Yes. Would the NRL have to spend a considerable amount of their own money to prop up the club? Yes.

The business world is quite a big bubble. Step into it - learn a few things.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting thoughts - except you’re also missing the point. If the ARLC want another Dolphins type expansion side with ready made resources to take that next step to becoming a full fledged NRL club then the ingredients are already there.

How is that arrogance or ignorance? Do Bears as a rugby league club exist? Yes. Do Bears as a rugby league club have a strategy to relocate to cater to a new market? Yes. Does Perth have any infrastructure or business foundation in place to have a professional rugby league team right now? No. Would Perth require immediate NRL funding and boosting for both an NRL side and its pathways? Yes. Would the NRL have to spend a considerable amount of their own money to prop up the club? Yes.

The business world is quite a big bubble. Step into you, elevate your knowledge.
you miss the point we are looking at a 5+ year lead in for Club 19. Also how much money the WA govt and WA bid team are wiling to put in we dont know. Youve made some assumptions in that statement that skews it to Bears lol

It's all about choice. I'm not dropping my team for another sydney team.
Then the whole idea for expansion does not apply to you. You already have a team, you already support them and you already watch footy on TV.

So why are you so against something that has no impact to you or your current situation what’s so ever? Seems like a waste of your time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Then the whole idea for expansion does not apply to you. You already have a team, you already support them and you already watch footy on TV.

So why are you so against something that has no impact to you or your current situation what’s so ever? Seems like a waste of your time.
Bit like the dolphins inclusion, turning passive fans into rusted on active ones.

Canard

Immortal

How is that arrogance or ignorance? Do Bears as a rugby league club exist? Yes. Do Bears as a rugby league club have a strategy to relocate to cater to a new market?
Are the Bears the only 2nd tier team in Australia that could offer this?

No.

Learn to think outside your Sydney bubble.

Is offering the over saturated Sydney market, even more RL content a f**king stupid idea. Yes.

you miss the point we are looking at a 5+ year lead in for Club 19. Also how much money the WA govt and WA bid team are wiling to put in we dont know. Youve made some assumptions in that statement that skews it to Bears lol
No I’m not missing any point - 5 years goes quick and in this current market rugby league likes to hit the iron while it’s hot. Also it doesn’t matter how much start up money W.A. Gov or bid team put in - as I keep saying over and over it’s about sustainability and having measures in place for the bad times to have cash flow coming in.

I’m starting to think you just want a new club for when it’s shiny and hip - no regard to in 20/30 years down the track with how it’s suppose to keep operating without a proper set up.

Bit like the dolphins inclusion, turning passive fans into rusted on active ones.
Yes via an existing brand. Thanks for further highlighting points I’ve been making. Cheers mate.

No.

Is offering the over saturated Sydney market, even more RL content a f**king stupid idea. Yes.
Yes, they’re the only 2nd tier team who have a business model set up for revenue outside football operations WHILE being the only 2nd tier team willing to relocate. Literally as what’s been publicised - did you read any of it before coming in with your trumpet blowing?

Plus I live in Brisbane but thanks I’ll remind myself to think outside Sydney.

Bukowski

Juniors

Sydney person telling a Perth person expansion isn't for them.
Lol, expanding to Perth is for Sydney fans.

Bukowski

Juniors
“Brisbane” person telling a Wests Tigers supporter that expansion isn’t for him. Yes. Your current team needs you more, you know before you jump ship.

But good on you for missing the point Bullwinkle.
Qlder wants a Sydney team to move to Perth. Could you be any more irrelevant?

Iamback

Coach

No.

The best set up QRL team to provide this is Easts. They can't use the Tigers not sure it has the same affect without colours and Logo moving with them

Qlder wants a Sydney team to move to Perth. Could you be any more irrelevant?
Nice one Bullwinkle, made me chuckle. Come back when you have some better ammunition. I don’t know, maybe proper metrics and stats would be nice. Instead of “this rich man want club, this rich man need club, but not you club - me club”

You’re shooting wet mushy peas at the moment.

Keep up the good fight!

Perth Red

Post Whore
No I’m not missing any point - 5 years goes quick and in this current market rugby league likes to hit the iron while it’s hot. Also it doesn’t matter how much start up money W.A. Gov or bid team put in - as I keep saying over and over it’s about sustainability and having measures in place for the bad times to have cash flow coming in.

I’m starting to think you just want a new club for when it’s shiny and hip - no regard to in 20/30 years down the track with how it’s suppose to keep operating without a proper set up.

Yes via an existing brand. Thanks for further highlighting points I’ve been making. Cheers mate.

Yes, they’re the only 2nd tier team who have a business model set up for revenue outside football operations WHILE being the only 2nd tier team willing to relocate. Literally as what’s been publicised - did you read any of it before coming in with your trumpet blowing?

Plus I live in Brisbane but thanks I’ll remind myself to think outside Sydney.
I think its clear you are vested in seeing the Bears in the NRL where as I am vested in seeing the best outcome for Perth and RL in WA.

The best set up QRL team to provide this is Easts. They can't use the Tigers not sure it has the same affect without colours and Logo moving with them
Their total assets are around $60m and cash revenues vary between $25m with $55m equity. Brian Torpy is an incredibly smart man, fantastic operator and I have world of respect for him.

But compared to Dolphins pre-NRL entry - Tigers were back behind a length.

I think it’s clear you are vested in seeing the Bears in the NRL where as I am vested in seeing the best outcome for Perth and RL in WA.
No you’re not because you’re not taking the best current proposition in the eyes of ARLC by their own words seriously.

If you were you’d be more supportive - instead you’re pushing back. How is that vested? You’ve never met these people but you already have made your mind up.

Latest posts