What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Iamback

Coach
I thought you were saying Perth needed the bears to bring experienced coaching and administration.
I agree with you that we will need a feeder arrangement with someone.

The reasons PVL wants the Bears is because they bring that.
Well they don't have experience managing the salary cap which is a task in itself

Again it isn't a Perth thing it is a lack of depth in most areas thing but I wouldn't rule anyone out who is in the game atm

blue bags

First Grade
Reports of Benny Boyoh Bennet 5 year deal at Rabbitohs. But looks like a 3 year deal
Obviously we know what's going on 😁

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
In 1988 we had Brisbane, Newcastle and Gold Coast come in. We lost GC just after the SL war but we have them back now.

In 1995 we had Auckland, North QLD, Brisbane 2 (Crushers) and Perth come in. We lost Perth and Brisbane 2 but got a new Brisbane 2 and gained Melbourne instead of regaining Perth, which arguably has worked out well for us considering the foothold we have now in the country's second largest city.

So, we have regained our foothold from the Superleague War and now can grow. It would be ironic if 30 years after Perth and New Zealand joined the league together, we were announcing Perth and NZ2 in 2025.

In 1988 we had Brisbane, Newcastle and Gold Coast come in. We lost GC just after the SL war but we have them back now.

In 1995 we had Auckland, North QLD, Brisbane 2 (Crushers) and Perth come in. We lost Perth and Brisbane 2 but got a new Brisbane 2 and gained Melbourne instead of regaining Perth, which arguably has worked out well for us considering the foothold we have now in the country's second largest city.

So, we have regained our foothold from the Superleague War and now can grow. It would be ironic if 30 years after Perth and New Zealand joined the league together, we were announcing Perth and NZ2 in 2025.
Wellington Cane Toads and Perth Pawnbrokers.

flippikat

Bench
Vlandys indicated he wanted these guys to work with Ipswich. Kinda like bears & people out west. Neither of these bids will happen with the recommended collaboration.
If the NRL threw-open bids for a South-East Queensland team (much as before) we'd certainly have an Easts Tigers bid, but it'd be interesting to see whether the other bid/bids from the last expansion try again.

It'd also be interesting to see if anything NEW emerges in that area - and I think that may be a good reason to open up for bids instead of picking a winner based on the existing submissions a few years ago.

Pippen94

First Grade
If the NRL threw-open bids for a South-East Queensland team (much as before) we'd certainly have an Easts Tigers bid, but it'd be interesting to see whether the other bid/bids from the last expansion try again.

It'd also be interesting to see if anything NEW emerges in that area - and I think that may be a good reason to open up for bids instead of picking a winner based on the existing submissions a few years ago.

There's at least 4 official bids (Fiji, 2 x south island & east tigers. I don't think perth or Norths have declared). Come end up with over ten!!

flippikat

Bench
There's at least 4 official bids (Fiji, 2 x south island & east tigers. I don't think perth or Norths have declared). Come end up with over ten!!
I specifically said "If the NRL threw-open bids for a South-East Queensland team" - basically in the event they choose specific winners for TWO of the three spots, but wanna test the market for the best "fit" for the next SE-Queensland team

TL: DR version - most of the bids you list don't fit the scenario I described, and the scenario you directly replied to.

Latest posts