What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

Eelectrica

Referee
Don't need to be Nostradamus to know that this game is Lost. Lehmann has to drive the point home though that they have to make SA earn it. At least wear their bowlers down a little bit.

Right now going into the next test their bowlers are going to be fresh as daisies whilst Starc, Hazlewood and Siddle are buggered. Lyon is fresh though so that's something I guess.

Good to see Khawaja putting in a good innings so far though. Australia has more holes than swiss cheese at the moment, would nice to have at least a couple of positions somewhat solidified. Got enough gaps as it is to fill.

JJ

Immortal
This whole 'keep the faith' thing from Clarke about Mitch Darsh is really pissing me off.

Test cricket is not where you become a good batsman. That's what the f**king shield is for.

Someone has faith?

I do wonder if come of your commentators are using illicit substances TBH, not other excuse for the other-worldly shit some are spouting

Timbo

Staff member
For Hobart, I'd punt Voges, MDarsh, Siddle and Lyon in favour of Burns, Henriques, Bird and O'Keefe.

But, f**k me sideways. Warne just said in commentary that CA have announced the same 12 are the squad for Hobart.

This entire selection panel have to go. They make catastrophic errors and rather than admit their mistakes and make changes they stick to their guns like the pig-headed f**kwits they are.

Bazal

Post Whore
For Hobart, I'd punt Voges, MDarsh, Siddle and Lyon in favour of Burns, Henriques, Bird and O'Keefe.

But, f**k me sideways. Warne just said in commentary that CA have announced the same 12 are the squad for Hobart.

This entire selection panel have to go. They make catastrophic errors and rather than admit their mistakes and make changes they stick to their guns like the pig-headed f**kwits they are.

I'd probably swap Henriques for Ferguson personally, but otherwise yeah.

Tommy Smith

Referee

100%.

Bring back Invers. Those were the days :D

Screenshot_20161106-193012.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
Game is lost, but id like to see Khawaja Marsh and Neville put up a fight and take the test well after tea

This must be South Africas best test win? Key bowler breaks down when we are belting them, best bat in the world not playing in the test

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If you take out Voges runs against Minnows like the Windies and NZ Don Voges averages about 8. Surely he has to go???

This is the loss we had to have, winning at home has been papering over some huge cracks for a long time. And the selectors are only part of the problem.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Blokes like Jamie Cox, Jamie Siddons and Martin Love all wishing they were born 15 years later right about now....
Probably the coach, too.

Boof Lehmann in his porky pomp was better than any of the current Aussie batsmen. The man was a genius with the willow.

He averaged 58 over his 1st class career during the most competitive era of state cricket ever seen. In the 90s and early 2000s most Aussie state sides were better than most test sides.

You can add Michael Bevan to that list, too. Then there's Simon Katich, who is the batsman, captain and character this current Aussie team is crying out for.

Contrast them with the young and brash upstarts of today who can barely scratch out a 1st class avg. of 40 against fast bowling titans like John Hastings.

But hey, at least they have super popular Insta accounts and can hit a mean 35 off 18 balls in the Big Bash thanks to a few deadly reverse slog sweeps and ramp shots.