What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Grand Final - Melbourne 23 def Eels 16 @ ANZ, Sun 4 Oct* NO PREMIERS

2009 Premiers: who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0neye

MOFFO SAID, PARRA WILL HAVE TO CHICHEN WING & KNEE FINCH TO WIN THE GAME BUT LORD 0neye WILL BE WATCHING THE CHEATING nice person'S SO THEY BETTER NOT

709120855_32f650eace.jpg

I'll be tipping the Storm by 6. Not sure who I'll cheer for though. Storm have a chance to become one of the great sides with 2 premierships in 3 seasons and the Eels can complete a real fairytale turnaround. Maybe go for the Eels coz then us Sharks could say, despite our terrible year we beat the premiers, lol! I like both teams and i'm happy the Broncos or Manly aren't there to stink up the big day.

Shorty

Staff member
Whoever said the pressure wasn't on Melbourne is a little clueless.
The Storm have made 4 grand finals and if they lose they'll have won one...massive underachievers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bankstown into Storm twice. Parra and the Tigpies x 2 have no chance.

Evenflow

Bench
Whoever said the pressure wasn't on Melbourne is a little clueless.
The Storm have made 4 grand finals and if they lose they'll have won one...massive underachievers.

I'm not sure how making 4 Grand finals in a row could be classed as a massive under achievement regardless of if the win or not. Considering the last team to make 4 in a row was 25 odd years ago and other teams haven't made even one in over a decade or more it just shows how impressive the Storm's run has been. Even more so given the fact it's happened after the salary cap was brought in to even the teams by not being able to buy players at will for any amount without limit.

I totally agree the Storm will be feeling the pressure but i doubt it'd be any more than Parra. Both teams have a GF win at stake so it's all or nothing for both. If the Storm go on to lose this week and claim 1 of 3 titles i'd class it more as a massive dissappointment for them, not a massive under achievement. It's an achievment in itself just to make 1 let alone 4 deciders in a row. IMO that is nothing short of remarkable and the scary thing is they'll have a team next year that could once again make it to another.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm not sure how making 4 Grand finals in a row could be classed as a massive under achievement regardless of if the win or not. Considering the last team to make 4 in a row was 25 odd years ago and other teams haven't made even one in over a decade or more it just shows how impressive the Storm's run has been. Even more so given the fact it's happened after the salary cap was brought in to even the teams by not being able to buy players at will for any amount without limit.

I totally agree the Storm will be feeling the pressure but i doubt it'd be any more than Parra. Both teams have a GF win at stake so it's all or nothing for both. If the Storm go on to lose this week and claim 1 of 3 titles i'd class it more as a massive dissappointment for them, not a massive under achievement. It's an achievment in itself just to make 1 let alone 4 deciders in a row. IMO that is nothing short of remarkable and the scary thing is they'll have a team next year that could once again make it to another.

I'm with this guy...for obvious reasons

Timmah

Staff member
Referees are also finalised.

Good luck to both teams :lol:

The Tank

Bench
I hope it's as intense as the Parra-Dogs PF, 20-20 all at fulltime, goes into extra time and Parra score they greatest try in NRL history. I hope Parra wins and it's close until the 80th. The last two have been fairly boring, hopefully this ain't a snoozer.

Ashman

Juniors
This looks like a great match up but Melbourne should win. The Storm just have more strike power in Inglis and Slater.

Having said that it would be good to see Hindmarsh win with the Eels.

So I guess it will be Storm by plenty or Eels in a close one - it doesn't matter I just hope it's a great game!

Shorty

Staff member

Yeah this is probably a better explanation of what I meant.
I daresay the pressure is on both teams.

Carnifex

Juniors

Great response.

Had a arguement with a guy from work today about this. He was calling us chokers etc....i said to him that was bs. The only reason people think that is because the grand finals are so fresh in peoples minds...if we had made 3 grand finals, say, over a 25 year period...then noone would say sh*t. The way i see it is we have played in 4 grand finals...and won 2...thats a 50% win rate, better than some teams. If we win this week...thats 3 from 5....in 11 years!!! not too shabby IMHO.

Timmah

Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26142067-5018866,00.html

Sunday's NRL grand final between Melbourne Storm and Parramatta is officially a sell-out after a final ticket release on Tuesday morning.
Almost all of the final 6,000 tickets released by the NRL sold within 15 minutes of becoming available on Tuesday, with the final ticket being purchased by 2.30pm in the afternoon.

The sold-out final follows on from last Friday's 74,549 attendance at the preliminary final between the Eels and Bulldogs, a record crowd for a non-grand final finals match in Sydney.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said the sell-out reflected the interest in Sunday's match.

“It's going to be a memorable afternoon at ANZ Stadium and I know both teams are looking forward to playing in front of such a big crowd,” Gallop said.

Chook Norris

First Grade
It should sell out every year... and glad it has this year with a few days to spare. :D
it should every year, but the teams playing sure hasn't helped it

2005- Tigers v Cowboys (last sell out)

since then..

Broncos v Melbourne
Manly v Melbourne
Manly v Melbourne
--------

Forecast for Sunday is afternoon showers.

Evenflow

Bench
it should every year, but the teams playing sure hasn't helped it

2005- Tigers v Cowboys (last sell out)

since then..

Broncos v Melbourne
Manly v Melbourne
Manly v Melbourne
--------

Forecast for Sunday is afternoon showers.

It shouldn't make any difference who plays.