What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

innsaneink

Referee
Wests & Balmain have disappeared from 1st grade is a fairly good reason imo that their jerseys disappear too....that is also why we need our own history, imo.

Prometheus

Juniors
2000_wt_jersey.jpg

I think they should go back to this design its so simple and combines colours of both teams.

I liked that one too.

Do Wests Tigers jerseys still have a little magpie on the shoulder somewhere like they did back then?

Lambretta

First Grade
2013 Tigers alternate:

TIGJER1352507704_1.jpg

It's not a bad looking jersey - on the plus side, at least the orange is not the council worker, high visibility shade that's been used on the home jersey. What blind bastard decided to use that shade anyway?

It's also clean and fairly simple and the claw mark does represent a Tiger rather well.

Unfortunately, the claw mark is rather tacky - maybe they plan for the home jersey to be mainly black jersey with a nice big white bird shit stain down the side. That'll get the kiddies buying it by the truckload and make sure that both sets of fans are appeased. It'll also be a historical reference as to the way they played in 2012.

Lambretta

First Grade
The best weve had since 2000 imo

2010jersey.gif

By far the best jerseys Wests Tigers have had since 2000 and by some amazing distance. The home and away jerseys were clean, simple, incorporated both colours well whilst not being replicas of Balmain or Western Suburbs jerseys.

The heritage jerseys were a cut above as well

Castleford have shown how easy it is to incorporate Tiger orange/gold, black and white into home and away jerseys that look both modern and classic at the same time. The Tigers really need someone to kick down the management's door to scream the bleedin' obvious to them.

Saint Doc

Coach
I thought this was pretty good.

Similar to their current home, but so much cleaner.

If they had this, a black jersey and an orange, all in the same pattern, it would be a nice suite of jerseys

WestsTigers09_newlook.jpg

Last edited:
By far the best jerseys Wests Tigers have had since 2000 and by some amazing distance. The home and away jerseys were clean, simple, incorporated both colours well whilst not being replicas of Balmain or Western Suburbs jerseys.

The heritage jerseys were a cut above as well

Castleford have shown how easy it is to incorporate Tiger orange/gold, black and white into home and away jerseys that look both modern and classic at the same time. The Tigers really need someone to kick down the management's door to scream the bleedin' obvious to them.

Big fan of those jerseys, thought the home + away jerseys could of become the WT long term strip. They really did look the part.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Unfortunately, the claw mark is rather tacky - maybe they plan for the home jersey to be mainly black jersey with a nice big white bird shit stain down the side. That'll get the kiddies buying it by the truckload and make sure that both sets of fans are appeased. It'll also be a historical reference as to the way they played in 2012.
Dammit, there goes my morning coffee :lol:

Fire

First Grade
Who names a team tiger cats, aren't tigers part of the cat family anyway

Canadians mate. They're f**ken spazos. We're talking about a country who can't even decide if they want their language to be English or French; so it's no surprise they can't decide between a f**ken tiger or a f**ken cat.

Saint Doc

Coach
I thought this was pretty good.

Similar to their current home, but so much cleaner.

If they had this, a black jersey and an orange, all in the same pattern, it would be a nice suite of jerseys

WestsTigers09_newlook.jpg

Link seemed to break. This is the jersey I was talking about

8088045C37BB21CDDB23AB793612667D.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Make it a more classic V and it makes a great clash jersey. I've been thinking...

• Primary (most games) - Black jersey (orange V, white trim), white shorts, black/orange hooped socks
  • Clash - White jersey (orange V, black trim), black shorts, white socks with orange foldover
  • Alt (Leichhardt games) - Orange jersey (black V, white trim), black shorts, black/orange hooped socks
  • 2 heritage jerseys (Wests, Balmain) alternated each year

Gives Wests more prominence in the jersey to balance Tiger moniker.

Fire

First Grade
Tigers fan should get together and create an online petition about their jerseys, because whoever is in charge of them at the club has been a f**ken genius for the past 10 years.

If the Tigers are worried about sales, they can make that off other merch (i.e., hoodies, collared shirts, training jerseys, etc). But they desperately need to sort out their jerseys once and for all.

GAZF

First Grade
Tigers fan should get together and create an online petition about their jerseys, because whoever is in charge of them at the club has been a f**ken genius for the past 10 years.

If the Tigers are worried about sales, they can make that off other merch (i.e., hoodies, collared shirts, training jerseys, etc). But they desperately need to sort out their jerseys once and for all.

The entire visual brand is a disaster and it starts with the logo. They've pigeonholed themselves with an overdetailed logo and they feel compelled to match their look to the logo. They need to look at the recent rebrands of the Dogs and Eels. The Panthers are also looking at a rebrand and if the Tigers were to do so, that would all West Sydney teams returning to more popular looks.

roarr

Juniors

Yep. The changing of designs every 2-3 years (and having 7 different strips a year) is so short-sighted. Some marketing douche thought of this and now it's gotten to the point where it's just stupid. Your jersey is your club's history/heritage. Tigers have completely f**ked theirs in the last 13 years that there colours are barely recognizable.

The sad bit is the "heritage" strips actually get a pretty good wrap (i.e. the bumblebee one etc), just f**king keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.