What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Exactly. Stuff not being at home, you wear it when the round is on
I actually saw that some of the afl clubs wore the indigenous jersey at home the next week after indigenous round

So they have same problem

I wonder if it really sells any more jerseys

Just all 16 teams wear it

And what the f**k is retro round.? is it just a fox sports thing ??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I actually saw that some of the afl clubs wore the indigenous jersey at home the next week after indigenous round

So they have same problem

I wonder if it really sells any more jerseys

Just all 16 teams wear it

And what the f**k is retro round.? is it just a fox sports thing ??

It's not the same problem - it's compulsory for the round then they're free to wear it again by application. Even if they wore it at home later, they still wore it away in the appropriate round

Retro Round is a fox gimmick for both nrl and Afl.

I'm guessing they get to air Steelers and Bears games. Some St George, Souths Mark I, Balmain and Wests too. Laugh about moes, marvel at decent jerseys, shoulder pads, black glare smudges, toeing ahead and cigarette advertisement.

Perth Red

Post Whore
very confusing, in one week indigenous jersey, retro jersey, men of league apparel, fox sports making up their own rounds now. Dear me how did it come to this?

Timmah

Staff member
OH NO WHAT EVER WILL WE DO?

(This is the time last year we had Marvel Round followed by Indigenous Round, who f**king cares?)

Lambretta

First Grade
Isn't Vitara just a type of Suzuki?

The Suzuki Vitara - it's a small SUV having shrunk with the most recent model release
It was previously an X-Trail sized SUV

Alongside the Swift, it's their best known model and one of their longest running name plates

The Marshall

Juniors
The MoL visual brand is entirely its colours. Change that id it stops being MoL gear...
The refs are fine in the MoL colours but I just think anytime a team has different coloured socks to the rest of the kit it looks so amateurish. Just a simple logo on a jersey or socks would look alot more clean.

thorson1987

Coach
The refs are fine in the MoL colours but I just think anytime a team has different coloured socks to the rest of the kit it looks so amateurish. Just a simple logo on a jersey or socks would look alot more clean.

But not as noticeable, hence the colours of the socks.

Timmah

Staff member
"Legends round" according to Easts... this tribute to Artie Beetson will be worn Thursday

ROO16-Legends_jersey1__29053.1468829852.450.800.jpg

As much as I dislike the AFL i do like the way they have a particular round and stick to it, indigenous, retro etc. The league does seem to be a bit of a shambles when it comes to their rounds.

Timmah

Staff member
Manly wearing this number on Sunday as part of "Golden Eagles" day. Also the 20th anniversary of their sponsorship with URM. Odd.
CoQr0HHVUAEnEFF.jpg:large