What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Decent enough jersey. One plain colour with a subtle design related directly to the club. Well done Dragons

RedVDave

First Grade
I love the look of our away jersey! Could use a touch more white but otherwise it's probably one of best ones yet.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hate all of those Sharks jerseys. Can't believe they changed the home jersey for their 50th season (i'm aware they might be celebrating it in 2017 but still). The Nines jersey is the only one that's decent, moreso because those designs don't mean sh*t.

I'm liking the Dragons one, considering it's an alternate I don't think there will be a lack of Steelers jersey. At least I hope that's not the case. I like the watermarks with the traditional Chinese dragon. Looks sick.

1445581246635.jpg

Don't mind it

So the alternate all red jersey's been taken over by a dragon, just in case any of the old Illawarra fans had any illusions of a genuine merger.

flippikat

Bench
So the alternate all red jersey's been taken over by a dragon, just in case any of the old Illawarra fans had any illusions of a genuine merger.

Good call. Surely they could've used something Steelers-related for the watermark instead...? Steel hammers & cogs come to mind as they were aspects of the Steelers logo in the past.

drake

First Grade
That would look so.much better than a dragon. Truly. Especially for a team called the dragons.

Saint Doc

Coach
In 2 years time the Dragons will have represented the Illawarra longer than the Steelers ever did.

Time to move on.

Rex Terp

First Grade
Not sure where this expectation developed that the alternate strip should have anything to do with the Steelers.

It's about clash of jerseys and sales. That's all. Nothing to do with identity.

Unless you're the Tigers and you have 58 different representations of the identity on sleeves, shorts, jersey designs etc...and look how great that's worked out.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not sure where this expectation developed that the alternate strip should have anything to do with the Steelers.

It's about clash of jerseys and sales. That's all. Nothing to do with identity.

Unless you're the Tigers and you have 58 different representations of the identity on sleeves, shorts, jersey designs etc...and look how great that's worked out.

For me, purely from my opinion, I don't see why it's such a massive issue for some. The 2 jerseys, rec V (predominately white) & the old steeler's as an away (predominately red). Conversely, i don't get the ardent attitude that we shouldn't have it. It's a jumper FFS, not such a hard thing to do as a show of respect for the other part of our clubs history. Again, just MO.

The 9's & other jerseys go hell for leather, be as creative as they want.

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
It is pretty funny that the jersey that they will wear once a year to remember they are part of a merger with Steelers has a dragon plastered all over it

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Looks like Dugan's tatts have seeped through and stained the jersey.

That's exactly what my initial thoughts were. It looks like it's been designed to blend in with all his tattoos which is hilarious. The Dragons really do have a love affair with their best player at the moment.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
In 2 years time the Dragons will have represented the Illawarra longer than the Steelers ever did.

Time to move on.

I actually agree, and i am an old Steelers fan....

I will never stop loving the Steelers and i have never been able to like the Dragons, but i acknowledge that the Merge is the only reason NRL is still played in the Illawarra (suck a dick CC fans, you could have had a team for the last 15 years if had just jumped on with the NE)

If i had my way, id add a small homage (probabl a cog) into the logo. But other than that, the branding is fine.

Latest posts