What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Knights though, IMO, will struggle to make many designs look good. The red and the blue is pretty harsh together.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Feedback I'm aware of is that their fans *hate* the current away strip which is modelled on the Rams design. I do believe it's changing this year

roofromoz

First Grade
The Panthers membership page lists VIA Careers as a sponsor, second on the list beside OAK:

via-logo-footer.jpg

There's no Allam Property Group so perhaps it's the new lower back sponsor for 2016.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Are the Rabbitohs due another major sponsor in 2016? or will it be Crown Resorts for the 3rd year?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As far as I'm aware. Only change I'm clearly aware of is Storm to Star Athletic?

cooko

Juniors
Storm membership site states the following:

"Add a selected range of merchandise including the new Home and Away Jersey on to your payment plan now for delivery with your membership kit."

Nuke

Staff member
The 2016 Newcastle jersey hasn't lost any stripes down the side. It seems as though the shoulder and sleeves have gone back to the 1997 style of being hoops (as opposed to one big red stripe that runs down from the collar over the shoulder and down the sleeve). The front of the collar is a different shape now too, I see.
The red vertical stripes on the front of the jersey seem to be a wee bit thinner as well.
The other real difference that I can see by the photo posted in here is -as already mentioned- the Newpave sponsorship has a blue box behind it now ('Why?' is a question I'd like answered! It's not necessary...), and that little Huntley logo up top on the front.
NK%20main%20jersey%20comparison2015-2016.jpg

The slightly increased presence of blue on the 2016 version tends to make me think the alternate will have more of a red theme ... which I'm not unhappy with.
I know they did an almost all-red kit in about 2006 that wasn't all that well-received, but that wasn't handled the best in my opinion. If they'd used their regular blue shorts and socks, it would have been fine.

Rhyno

First Grade
Hopefully parra have some decent stuff this year

Our stuff always looks cheap and tacky

Latest posts