What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Juniors
I think its an absolute disgrace that for nearly half of their games, the "green machine" will look more like the cowboys rather than Canberra.

I'm not a fan of that jersey, but I guess they are trying to embrace the fact that blue and gold are the ACT's official colours.

GAZF

First Grade
My biggest gripe with the jersey that Canberra wore on Saturday was that it clashed more with the Titans jersey than the lime green would have. Still didn't mind it as a jersey, just doesn't look like Canberra.
I like the idea of using dark blue/lime but the balance was out. Way too much grey.

I like the idea of using dark blue/lime but the balance was out. Way too much grey.

I actually like it as a jersey and think they've (ISC & club) have gone for the look of wanting somethin that looks good to wear to the pub or out in general. The Lime Green is very in your face as a piece of casual wear.

hellteam

First Grade
Current thoughts about ISC as a jersey maker is that they nail traditional designs (ie designs they don't have to come up with), but when they make original designs such as Cowboys, Raiders away, Broncos away, Dragons away etc etc - they're a bit off the mark.

GAZF

First Grade
Dark and light greys can work but that middle of the road grey pretty much muddies any colour put with it.

Johnny88

Juniors

Eels players Brad Takairangi, left, Tim Mannah and Corey Norman in the special 70th anniversary commemorative jersey.

Think the Eels are wearing this V Tigers.

AJB1102

First Grade

Eels players Brad Takairangi, left, Tim Mannah and Corey Norman in the special 70th anniversary commemorative jersey.

Think the Eels are wearing this V Tigers.

That looks cheap and nasty.

There literally nothing doing other than "PARRA 1947". Its basically a plain blue t-shirt. Surely sponsor incorporation doesn't factor in if you're your own major. Having said that without the massive "PARRA" you wouldn't know they're Parra, I'd guess Titans first if I couldn't see the logo.

shaggs

Coach
Its meant to be a replica of their inaugural jersey.
View attachment 12411
Then why wouldn't they use a darker blue.??
I don't understand why clubs muck around with the shades of their main colour.
Parra aren't sky blue. Cronulla did it through the years with the blue. Only in the last few years we have stuck mostly to the most recognised design with the correct colours.

beave

Coach
The blue on that parra jersey might be darker under a more normal lighting situation, photo shoots with all the lighting shit they use and possible a flash is probably tainting it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.