What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzerounian

Juniors
Then why wouldn't they use a darker blue.??
I don't understand why clubs muck around with the shades of their main colour.
Parra aren't sky blue. Cronulla did it through the years with the blue. Only in the last few years we have stuck mostly to the most recognised design with the correct colours.
Absolutely agree with you. Too many clubs cant get their colours right for whatever reason and the excuse that it is due to the material they are using is a lame one.

King Ben

Juniors
Surely if you're trying to do a replica of the first ever jersey and you don't have a sponsor.. you take advantage and go as close as possible with the plain yellow stripe?

shaggs

Coach
Surely if you're trying to do a replica of the first ever jersey and you don't have a sponsor.. you take advantage and go as close as possible with the plain yellow stripe?
100%.

If that is a replica of the 1947 jersey that had no sponsor and since parra haven't got one, go blank for a game.

GAZF

First Grade
I've noticed that lighter blue on their away jersey as well. Not sure if its on the home.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That looks cheap and nasty.

There literally nothing doing other than "PARRA 1947". Its basically a plain blue t-shirt. Surely sponsor incorporation doesn't factor in if you're your own major. Having said that without the massive "PARRA" you wouldn't know they're Parra, I'd guess Titans first if I couldn't see the logo.

You know its a bad design when they look like a bad knock-off of the team that looks like a bad knock-off of them...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Then why wouldn't they use a darker blue.??
I don't understand why clubs muck around with the shades of their main colour.
Parra aren't sky blue. Cronulla did it through the years with the blue. Only in the last few years we have stuck mostly to the most recognised design with the correct colours.

Its particularly bad when these same clubs are changing their design every few years too...

It is the proverbial broken broomstick; if you replace the stick, then you replace the brush, is it still the same broom?

If a club changes its design (meaning the only thing that destinguishes them is their colours) and then they change their colours, what is left?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As suggested the lighting in that room probably has a lot to do with how the blue looks.

RockWheel

Bench
17862427_1390453441010377_8204289420627085933_n.jpg

From the Eels Facebook page. Coupla you fellas might have gone off a bit early.

RockWheel

Bench
Club branding: "its like a shade of blue or something, f*ck it.... Lets do all of the blues"

*Every RL club*

Just need to look at how different the polo is to the jersey to see what is wrong with RL branding.....
Pretty sure Parramatta has the same shade of blue across all their jerseys? The supporter gear such as polos and so forth might be different but does that really matter? I don't think navy blue eels gear is really muddying their brand in fact people probably prefer wearing darker blue on everyday wear such as polos and shirts etc.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Pretty sure Parramatta has the same shade of blue across all their jerseys? The supporter gear such as polos and so forth might be different but does that really matter? I don't think navy blue eels gear is really muddying their brand in fact people probably prefer wearing darker blue on everyday wear such as polos and shirts etc.

Of course it matters...

With clubs changing their jersey designs every 3 years and putting out a dozen jumpers every season, the only part of their brand left is the colour.

If you then change their colours, there is nothing....

(if brand recognition is so unimportant, then why dont we change the club names to whatever movie is popular at the moment?)

GAZF

First Grade
xblade's fabric is shinier than most (ISC had the same issue 3-4 years back). Makes the colours look very different under certain lighting. Most other companies are picking flatter fabrics so it's less of an issue these days.

RockWheel

Bench
Of course it matters...

With clubs changing their jersey designs every 3 years and putting out a dozen jumpers every season, the only part of their brand left is the colour.

If you then change their colours, there is nothing....

(if brand recognition is so unimportant, then why dont we change the club names to whatever movie is popular at the moment?)
Well the eels have kept the same colours and shades of said colours for years so I don't know where the issue is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.