What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R14 Fri - Sea Eagles 18-14 Knights @ Lottoland

Round 14: Sea Eagles v Knights

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Just so I get it - the NRL owns a team that its trying to sell and they clearly think the best way to get an easy sale and good price, is to rig games so that team loses?

That would be akin to putting a car on carsales.com then taking a baseball bat to it.

But please.....do carry on.
No-one thinks the NRL is rigging games, but the referees clearly have a bias that isn't being corrected.

skeepe

Immortal
Knights should be kicking to take the lead here. Ashley Klein has ruined this game.

Alex28

Coach
Just so I get it - the NRL owns a team that its trying to sell and they clearly think the best way to get an easy sale and good price, is to rig games so that team loses?

That would be akin to putting a car on carsales.com then taking a baseball bat to it.

But please.....do carry on.
Whilst ever they own the Knights, they own a club-based vote.

They don't give a f**k what happens to us on the field. Success and Manly is vastly more important to them than the Knights.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
No-one thinks the NRL is rigging games, but the referees clearly have a bias that isn't being corrected.

Mare I 10000% agree that the refs are a festering turd on the lawn of rugby league.

And you may not be one of the conspiricy theorists in the thread, but others are.

The other glaring hole in their theory - why would the NRL being doing favours for Manly??

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Whilst ever they own the Knights, they own a club-based vote.

They don't give a f**k what happens to us on the field. Success and Manly is vastly more important to them than the Knights.

Riggggght.

Tell me why Manly is more important to the NRL again?

And when the NRL licence is sold to whoever buys it, do the NRL not get that money?

Bazal

Post Whore

They've always had pre-conceived ideas. That famous game against you lot with a thousand sin bins, Harrigan wrote in his book something like "we knew Parramatta would try and slow down the ruck, so we made sure they didn't"

Whether the decisions were right or not, a referee can't go into a game with an idea like that. It absolutely influences their decisions, just like a team's ladder position seems to.

Latest posts