What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R16 Sat - Cowboys 14-12 Panthers @ 1300SMILES

Round 16: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
My therapist would probably say it's all because of the 2003 GF; where as a teenager attending the match I was mocked and bronx cheered out of the stadium by Penrith fans.

Perhaps I've still yet to truly recover from this traumatic experience on a deep level; hence my propensity to troll Riff fans :D

And yes you do all take it very well so it's all in good fun.

I mainly wanted the Cowboys to win because I still consider the Panthers a threat to our top 4 spot.
How could we be atop 4 threat?

We arent even going to be in the top 8 at the end of this round.

beave

Coach
When you need refs to win you games, your season is on borrowed time.

You certainly arent beating Broncos. They get priority

Meh. Our season was gone once we lost our 2 starting front rowers to injury by rd 2.

You'd think with a leagues club network as large as yours and that jnr nursery you have, you would have won something more than a wooden spoon in the last 13 years.

OldPanther

Coach
Meh. Our season was gone once we lost our 2 starting front rowers to injury by rd 2.

You'd think with a leagues club network as large as yours and that jnr nursery you have, you would have won something more than a wooden spoon in the last 13 years.

The coach though.

GongPanther

Referee
My therapist would probably say it's all because of the 2003 GF; where as a teenager attending the match I was mocked and bronx cheered out of the stadium by Penrith fans.

Perhaps I've still yet to truly recover from this traumatic experience on a deep level; hence my propensity to troll Riff fans :D

And yes you do all take it very well so it's all in good fun.

I mainly wanted the Cowboys to win because I still consider the Panthers a threat to our top 4 spot.
I'll never forget that poor young Easts fan crying near the sideline.

I've always admitted though,that if it had not rained that 2003 night,Easts would have blown us off the park.

beave

Coach
I'll never forget that poor young Easts fan crying near the sideline.

I've always admitted though,that if it had not rained that 2003 night,Easts would have blown us off the park.

'03 is in the top 5 GF's I've seen since 1988. That game wAs magnificent, I still reckon on a dry track you boys still had them.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Lol what we were the point scoring side. What a bizarre view
My opinion is that had it been a dry track,Easts would have ran rings around us. They were an immense attacking side that year.We were fortunate enough that it was a wet track,hence it even things up.

What is so bizzare about that observation?

My opinion is that had it been a dry track,Easts would have ran rings around us. They were an immense attacking side that year.We were fortunate enough that it was a wet track,hence it even things up.

What is so bizzare about that observation?
We were the FAR better attacking side

TheFrog

Coach
Perhaps I've still yet to truly recover from this traumatic experience on a deep level
If you have a look over the two line-ups that night, the outcome was completely what you'd expect. What is inexplicable is why the Roosters were favourites.

beave

Coach
1bd5aa36aad1cd9a1cd724b2bb456a81

images