What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

slotmachine

First Grade
If he doesn't want to take fringe/NSW Cup money to stick around and can find a better deal elsewhere, good luck.

Old dog

Juniors
Next years reserves could line up as Meaney, Hughes, Chanel, Gagan, Cronan, a good young backline and backup for 1sts, that's not including Pete or Corey D

Glendale

Juniors
I'm a fan of Pete for not just his good form on the field, but he's been a good ambassador off it and I believe having him in the side is helping his younger brother Sione.

You need three centres, SKD can play wing also. Re-signing him creates depth and competition for spots. While Pete has been playing well, he doesn't have the highest ceiling, just a solid first grader at his best. Moga has a heigher ceiling if he can fulfill his potential, but I would still be re-signing Pete and making Moga earn that spot through form.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. Pete
5. SKD

2 of Sio, Elliot, Pete will be in NSW Cup. Plenty of depth and competition for places.

Old dog

Juniors
I'm a fan of Pete for not just his good form on the field, but he's been a good ambassador off it and I believe having him in the side is helping his younger brother Sione.

You need three centres, SKD can play wing also. Re-signing him creates depth and competition for spots. While Pete has been playing well, he doesn't have the highest ceiling, just a solid first grader at his best. Moga has a heigher ceiling if he can fulfill his potential, but I would still be re-signing Pete and making Moga earn that spot through form.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. Pete
5. SKD

2 of Sio, Elliot, Pete will be in NSW Cup. Plenty of depth and competition for places.
Agreed if keep Pete won't cost a lot and gives us even more depth and like u say competition for spots, I was basing it on him maybe leaving

Joel-22

Juniors
It's sad that a competitive side is 2 years away but judging from what we've seen this year and the last this is the side I'd be aiming for by 2018

1.Jordan Rankin (26)
2.Jake Mamo (23)
3.Sione Mata'utia (21)
4.Pete Mata'utia (27)
5.Chanel Mata'utia (25)
6.Brock Lamb (21)
7.Jack Cogger (21)
8.Sam Mataora (27)
9.Danny Levi (22)
10.Aiden Tolman (29)
11.Josh Jackson (27)
12.Mitchell Barnett (24)
13.Jack Stockwell (26)

14.Tyler Randall (25)
15.Daniel Saifiti (21)
16.Jacob Saifiti (21)
17.Pauli Pauli (23)

Wow, what a difference two years can make.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Pete Mata'utia
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jack Cogger/NEW SIGNING
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.NEW SIGNING
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Mitch Barnett
13.Aiden Guerra

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Herman Es'se
16.NEW SIGNING
17.Jacob Saifiti

Old dog

Juniors
Wow, what a difference two years can make.

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Pete Mata'utia
4.Tautau Moga
5.Shaun Kenny Dowell
6.Brock Lamb
7.Jack Cogger/NEW SIGNING
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Danny Levi
10.NEW SIGNING
11.Sione Mata'utia
12.Mitch Barnett
13.Aiden Guerra

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Herman Es'se
16.NEW SIGNING
17.Jacob Saifiti
Is a better side than now by quite a bit even if no new signings, cogger 7, Es,se 10, bring in two for bench, and if get new signings even better

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
If we can add James Grahame to that it should give us a decent enough forward pack to allow ponga, lamb, cogger/hokko and Levi to do something

This is what Butterfield is proposing:
  1. Kalyn Ponga
  2. Nathan Ross
  3. SKD
  4. Young Tonumaipea *
  5. Peter Mata’utia
  6. James Maloney *
  7. Trent Hodkinson*
  8. James Graham *
  9. Danny Levi
  10. Daniel Saifiti
  11. Aidan Guerra
  12. Sione Mata’utia
  13. Mitch Barnett
  14. Jamie Buhrer
  15. Luke Yates
  16. Rory Kostjasyn
  17. Josh Starling
Must have been before Moga was rumoured. Kostjasyn won't be there. I don't want to see all our young halves prospects dropped.
Hodko... hmnn
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4760739/tony-butterfield-time-for-knights-to-dig-deep/?cs=306

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. SKD
4. Moga
5. Chanel
6. Watson
7. Lamb/Maloney
8. Dan
9. Levi
10. Herman
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Guerra

14. Barnett
15. Jacob
16. ?
17. ?

If Graham was to be released and he signs with us then he clearly starts, and would probably force Dan back to the bench. If we can prise Ofahengaue away from the broncos then that's the last spot sewn up

Johns Magic

Referee
Sio ahead of Chanel easily for me.

Maloney, Graham and one other good bench forward signing, and I would bask in it.

Noname36

First Grade
I really liked what I was seeing from Pythian before the poor kid got hit by injuries. I'd love to see him get a good run with them next year and force his way into the side at centre or on the wing (I'm not convinced with Moga yet, most Broncos fans don't have a high opinion of him although I expect he'll start the year at centre, especially if Pete goes).

K-Man

Bench
I really liked what I was seeing from Pythian before the poor kid got hit by injuries. I'd love to see him get a good run with them next year and force his way into the side at centre or on the wing (I'm not convinced with Moga yet, most Broncos fans don't have a high opinion of him although I expect he'll start the year at centre, especially if Pete goes).

I wouldn't mind seeing Phythian as a utility on the bench, at least until a starting spot opens up for him through injury or form. He's already played dummy half and fullback in first grade, and he's a junior half. He looks like he could play centre if required, and if you absolutely had to you could still throw him on as a stop-gap backrower in a game where a few forwards get injured.

It will probably depend on what the forward pack ends up being and whether or not Brown thinks we need four bench forwards. The fact Buhrer can move to hooker, Guerra can move from middle to edge, and Sione can move to the backs in the game, may mean no place for a utility.

I definitely hope to see Phythian have some luck with injuries and play a role for us.

Latest posts