What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary - Burgess takes early guilty plea: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/judiciary-burgess-charged-following-round-23

Oh for God's sake!!! We didn't even try to fight this? Seriously? I'm sick of the club rolling over and just accepting this shit. It's weak as piss. Yet, guys like Luai and JWH can do as they please.

When is our club going to grow some balls and take it to the judiciary?

Far out I'm angry, shouldn't have even been a grade two in the first place. Complete and utter BS.

Steenson123

Juniors
What works for struggling football teams throughout history? Turn the squad into bruising thugs, use much bigger forwards and change your image from finesse to legal brutality. Sure worked for Slater in Game two last season in SOO.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Its just BS
First Tom for a legitimate good tackle now Latrell for a bit of a brush. And they wacked up the grading so he couldnt knock it back to a fine.
The 8 tackle set, 6 agains all but disappeared, the NRL have stepped in to do their best to stop us being in the finals

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary - Latrell Mitchell charged following Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/judiciary-latrell-mitchell-charged-following-round-25

Far out I just threw my phone. I am f**king livid!! For f**k sake Latrell you absolute f**king idiot!!! What the f**k were you thinking?!! One of the dumbest things I've seen on the Footy field.

Yea, it was kinda soft but I'm not going to scold the MRC for being to harsh like they were on Tom. This is all on Latrell. It should have never happened in the first place. You're supposed to be a senior player, a role model, and a leader. The game was gone, and you come up with BS like that?!!

If our Season wasn't already gone, it probably is now. I don't think we beat the Roosters without him.

Rocks in his head, absolute idiot. You've just let the entire club, the coaching staff, your teammates and your family down.

I'll go into it more when I do my review but far out, I'm not happy with him.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Judiciary - Latrell Mitchell charged following Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/judiciary-latrell-mitchell-charged-following-round-25

Far out I just threw my phone. I am f**king livid!! For f**k sake Latrell you absolute f**king idiot!!! What the f**k were you thinking?!! One of the dumbest things I've seen on the Footy field.

Yea, it was kinda soft but I'm not going to scold the MRC for being to harsh like they were on Tom. This is all on Latrell. It should have never happened in the first place. You're supposed to be a senior player, a role model, and a leader. The game was gone, and you come up with BS like that?!!

If our Season wasn't already gone, it probably is now. I don't think we beat the Roosters without him.

Rocks in his head, absolute idiot. You've just let the entire club, the coaching staff, your teammates and your family down.

I'll go into it more when I do my review but far out, I'm not happy with him.
Quite possibly the dumbest act I have seen on a sporting field - with the game lost in the dying minutes ??? Why ???

Missing what has now become the most important game of our season (can’t believe it has come down to this but that is another story).

Behind closed doors management, coaches and team mates must be seething and asking questions !!!!

Eric the great

Juniors
Tell me how there wouldn’t be mythell on big money playing like a casual employee only turning up when it suits his lifestyle would rather get up on stage doing shots a few days before massive game and Cody wanting to have a fight with everyone who looks at him the season is over will be knocked out by the rorters put the south’s gear into mothballs because it will be a longer preseason than we have experienced in a long time

callmack1

Staff member
Season over? Latrell Mitchell to rely on teammates for Finals after taking elbow ban: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/la...w-to-souths-finals-hopes-20230821-p5dy3x.html

I agree, there's no way that's a grade 2 charge. Really disappointed in the club that we're not going to try downgrade this. Typical piss weak stuff from us.

It's shit but this is all on Latrell. Don't do it in the first place, and we wouldn't be in this mess.

Slater's animated defence of 'frustrated' Latrell act: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...xclusive/2b490b06-8266-4785-95af-3303ab6ead52

callmack1

Staff member
Judiciary Update - Latrell Mitchell Charged following Round 25: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/judiciary-latrell-mitchell-charged-following-round-25

Really disappointed to see we've once again just rolled over and accepted this. Another one of our players that was 'over-charged' and we do nothing. This club is becoming spineless. Weak. No way that's a grade 2 charge.

However, despite that, it still comes back to Latrell. Don't do stupid shit like that in the first place, and we're not even in this position right now.

God, I'm filthy.

Steenson123

Juniors
Why doesn't Crowe approach Slater to take over as HC? These players, Mitchell in particular, need to be run by a strict disciplinarian Coach and one with a Palmares who all players will listen to and follow. Slater fits that bill perfectly.
Demetriou is in over his head its blatantly obvious. He HAS to go irrespective of any extension. Demetriou fuera... Slater IN.

Steenson123

Juniors
It all starts wi
There are rumours of disunity
It all starts with the HC.
Demetriou has little charisma and from what we have seen, little smarts in terms of selections and developing young talent. Further, the leading players are USING the SSFC as a vehicle, a conduit for their OWN personel, cultural and monied interests. In particular to extend and deepen these interests.
This I believe has led to the squad's demise. Collapse in fact.
Demetriou has allowed the lead players far too much latitude and it impacts negatively on the entire squad some of whom likely want out. I mean Arrow seems depressed, angered, always down and always getting injured. Murray is hesitant, pensive and quiet he says little of substance. I saw a club photo of Murray during a weights session .... His HEAD was bowed down to his knees. This says something.... he is SUPPOSEDLY the leader!!
Seen all this in previous seasons and with other football codes. The way out is usually to sack the HC and install a new voice and this club badly needs a LEADER as HC not a yes man. Slater would be someone Crowe should go after because he brings "IT" football smarts and intensity. Slater would never be saying "wait for the season's back end" because he knows to win an NRL Title you MUST win mid season during the SOO nonsense. If there are 8 games where the stars are missing or resting you MUST go say 5-3 or better, NOT 2-6. It makes all the difference and as HC you have to PLAN for this difficult period. Demetriou conversely had NO CLUE it was weeks of Chop Suey goofball and now the price is paid!!

Steenson123

Juniors
N
Knowing Murray having his head bent down probably meant he had just put in a shit load of effort doing weights like does on the footy field week in week out
No. It looked much more as if he was resigned to the fact that this was a season of implosion. It was a sign of despair more than exhaustion.
What I do not get is why don't Murray, Walker, Graham, Mitchell, Cook et al declare themselves UNAVAILABLE for Brad Fiddler's Nonsense?? I mean Wighton and Paprika at Canberra did it ... and they are going to come in at 5 or 6.
If Cook Walker Murray Graham etc desperately want a Title then MAKE SACRIFICES starting with DUMPING Brad's SOO.
These players have to target coming in 1 or 2 then making the GF is totally realistic and winning it is in their hands.
Keep the same mentailty and they will never win anything, not here at any rate.

Steenson123

Juniors
Mi
'Grubby stuff' - Latrell Mitchell expresses regret over suspension that's cruelled Rabbitohs Finals' hopes: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...roosters/183ed44b-b932-4174-9846-1408fddf2b89

Good to hear him come out and show a bit of remorse and ownership. I hope he feels like shit for this.
Mitchell or not this team has imploded, collapsed.
The constant errors, turnovers and poor defense all point to ONE thing: The Coach. At some stage all the rest of you here will agree that this Diva style squad needs a CHARASMATIC STRONG HEADED HEAD COACH like Slater. Slater was a great player and is likely a great Coach there to be had BUT he will require and demand some class players. We have that we simply do not have the correct HC. I mean Brisbane did not even interview Demetriou they were not interested in him. Yet the club simply swallowed Bennett's advice and it has failed.
Our form is going downhill fast and keeping Demetriou there will only create the next Canterbury or Balmain. Sloppy, careless football riddled with turnovers and no defense always points to one thing: The HC.