What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Das Gupta

Juniors
I listened a little while then got sick of it. Its not a sports show its a racing show interspersed with other sports.
All TK does is steer the conversation back to Horse racing. He has little credible opinion on the other sports and he gets lost. Slats is doesn't want to be there and his obsession with Sally Fitz & Sharni Layton is a little creepy.

The weekend show with Jimmy Smith and Ray Thomas is nothing but a pile of horse dung. Woeful waste of time.

Mr Saab

Referee
Pretty much this. Sunday show is now three hours so they can talk even more about horse racing. Worst thing 2KY did was give Ray Thomas a gig on a sports show. Even when the autumn carnival completes they will talk about some group 14 at Bathurst and interview the trainer.

The fence sitter is f**ked talking about anything other than the gallops. Slats is a f**king annoying merkin who has no credible opinion outside of cricket (and even then he's questionable at times. Tugger dropped you, get over it.)

The show improves out of sight when Webster or Smith is on there.

Memo TK: 2KY is a f**king racing station, you have 21 other hours in the day to talk about the gallops. Talk f**king sport during your timeslot.

Slater: Shut up. Just shut the f**k up...

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Memo TK: 2KY is a f**king racing station, you have 21 other hours in the day to talk about the gallops. Talk f**king sport during your timeslot.

Slater: Shut up. Just shut the f**k up...

Ditto. Too much Horse crap.
I tuned in this morning at 5:30 and what was the first sports story TK mentioned?
The A league GF? No. Yesterdays league results? No. The upcoming test match between Australia & NZ? No.
AFL? nope.
He brought up a frigging two bit Horse story that no one cares about other than Horsie types. FFS. I swear his head must be stuck up a Horse's arse.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tronald, try listening to the Sunday show with Ray Thomas & Jimmy Smith.....i try at times but i have to switch off at times.
Three hours of sport, but majority is horse racing discussing some country race the majority of listeners couldnt give a f**k about.
I understand spring / autumn carnival getting a alot of coverage on the show, but in May to September there is nothing really exciting happening with horses.
Much better with Jimmy Smith and Stu Clark - at least they talked sport and glossed over fricken horse racing.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Tronald, try listening to the Sunday show with Ray Thomas & Jimmy Smith.....i try at times but i have to switch off at times.
Three hours of sport, but majority is horse racing discussing some country race the majority of listeners couldnt give a f**k about.
I understand spring / autumn carnival getting a alot of coverage on the show, but in May to September there is nothing really exciting happening with horses.
Much better with Jimmy Smith and Stu Clark - at least they talked sport and glossed over fricken horse racing.

I did try the Sunday show a few times and hated it. Don't rate Ray Thomas' opinion at all. Like TK carries on that any Horse race result or meeting is of exciting interest to all.
Only highlight is Zorba.

FlameThrower

Bench
For the weekend show- Have not listened to the show in years. I used to hate Stu Clark, but in hindsight he is light years ahead of that Ray Thomas guy...

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, I've only noticed this since I've had digital radio in my car but has anyone else noticed that you can hear Slats breathing into his microphone when he's not talking. You can hear it whenever anyone else is talking. f**king infuriating, cannot wait for next week when that merkin is on the other side of the planet. Hopefully they bring Webster on, he goes OK.