What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Alright, which one of you merkins told Slats he needs to stop breathing into the microphone this morning?

His excuse... I have a head cold. What, for the entirety that you've been on the show?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Counting down the days until the Summer version kicks back in... any combination of Jimmy Smith/Andrew Webster/Matt Burke or even Stuart Clarke I will cop over these 2 dropkicks

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Slats was back to his heavy breathing into the microphone best this morning. Once you notice it you can't ignore it, f**k it's annoying.

Stallion

First Grade
The Sports Accord lack of recognition for rugby league got a mention by phone from a contributor today. TK heard the guy out and mentioned that this makes it difficult for a competitive world cup and finished with wishing the Kangaroos best of luck. It's a shame a bit more of a disgusted reaction wasn't heard. The contributor mentioned sports like 'pole dancing' has gained recognition and he said "Ive heard of this stuff before! " He was not referring to what is going on but that he had heard of this poor treatment of the game b4. However he never labored the point of how unfair it is. Just acknowledged it's going on I think.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
In years gone by this show would have been all rugby league content. Foreign player interviews, players to watch and probably talk about rugby league not being a sport!
Stallion I don’t consider horse racing a sport...if it where not for gambling no one would give a toss.

Stallion

First Grade
Once again guest journalist Jacqueline Magnet does not mention the rugby league world cup in her 5 minute cross to the BSB. Im sure had it been another code that such a code (RU for example)would get a mention. Its poor journalism and shows a disturbing ignorance and disrespect. Same for the Aussie blokes speaking to her as well. They should have mentioned rugby league world cup in some way. Not hard to do.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Once again guest journalist Jacqueline Magnet does not mention the rugby league world cup in her 5 minute cross to the BSB. Im sure had it been another code that such a code (RU for example)would get a mention. Its poor journalism and shows a disturbing ignorance and disrespect. Same for the Aussie blokes speaking to her as well. They should have mentioned rugby league world cup in some way. Not hard to do.

I didn’t hear it today but isnt Jacqueline Magnay the European correspondent? Wouldn’t make much sense for her to comment on the RLWC considering it is being held locally.

Unless it was for comment for what type of exposure it’s getting in the UK

Stallion

First Grade
I didn’t hear it today but isnt Jacqueline Magnay the European correspondent? Wouldn’t make much sense for her to comment on the RLWC considering it is being held locally.

Unless it was for comment for what type of exposure it’s getting in the UK

Yes. Thats what has been done for other codes representing England by this correspondent. Given that an Australian is coaching England in a rugby league world cup its pretty fair to expect some mention? This has been done for other codes!

Blade23

Juniors
Slats was at it again this morning big noting himself about buying the new iphone X.
Who cares? It a sports show not a bloody gadget show. If he can afford to waste money on expensive purchases good luck to him, but keep it to himself.