What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: New Zealand v South Africa at Hamilton on Mar 1, 2017 - NZ WON BY 7 WICKETS

Iafeta

Referee
When Tahir got Williamson out, at least he didn't do that stupid 30m run and arm pump celebration. I've never seen anything so contrived and just embarrassing to watch.

Good six Guppy.

Meth

Staff member
When Tahir got Williamson out, at least he didn't do that stupid 30m run and arm pump celebration. I've never seen anything so contrived and just embarrassing to watch.

Good six Guppy.

He was still pretty animated though. He looks like he just won the world cup, every wicket.

Bazal

Post Whore
Personally I think Tahir is a bit of a knob. He's always shaping to peg the ball back at the batsman as well. Mate you're not Dale Steyn, you're a leg spinner, calm down.

JJ

Immortal
Never seen him play this well

This is a good attack and a tricky wicket, we were astonished at AB and Guptill has been much better

Bazal

Post Whore
He's planking it to all parts at the moment. It's like he's on a totally different wicket

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
In recent years Guptil's struggles in test cricket have often clouded critics views as to how good he is. In ODI's he's been great for some time.

Hopefully he can force his way into the middle order of tests and fix his record there a little.

Bazal

Post Whore
In recent years Guptil's struggles in test cricket have often clouded critics views as to how good he is. In ODI's he's been great for some time.

Hopefully he can force his way into the middle order of tests and fix his record there a little.

I was wondering that earlier when they were talking about fitting him in the Test squad. Why hasn't he been given much of a run in the middle order? His record at five (albeit a small sample size) is good and his style seems so much more suited to that 5 or 6 role.

Meth

Staff member
I was wondering that earlier when they were talking about fitting him in the Test squad. Why hasn't he been given much of a run in the middle order? His record at five (albeit a small sample size) is good and his style seems so much more suited to that 5 or 6 role.

Undoubtedly better suited to 5 than to opening at Test level. But I think he's cooked his goose in Test cricket.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't think NZ has the depth to ever rule anyone out. His style is no doubt suited to 5-6. When Nicholls is in front of you there's no reason to think the door is closed.