What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

Feej

First Grade
So... :p

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I was thinking it will be interesting to see if any teams run with the same sort of bench usage as us next season. Pretty sure the three rotations and one for injury cover accounted for a lot of our success last year.

Stake Removed

First Grade
So... :p

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I was thinking it will be interesting to see if any teams run with the same sort of bench usage as us next season. Pretty sure the three rotations and one for injury cover accounted for a lot of our success last year.

Flanno is a god among coaches, they will all be following him

shaggs

Coach
If we don't go back to back. He needs to be sacked. f**king useless if he doesn't win the competition this year.

Special K

Coach
Now he has won us a comp we are kinda stuck with him until he wants to move on. I must say though he is tremendously important in keeping the likes of Bird, Holmes etc at the club.

Retention is likely the biggest battle we will face this year.

Craigshark

First Grade
Now he has won us a comp we are kinda stuck with him until he wants to move on. I must say though he is tremendously important in keeping the likes of Bird, Holmes etc at the club.

Retention is likely the biggest battle we will face this year.

Negative nancy. The bloke just won us a comp but we're stuck with him. It could be worse, we could be stuck with say, Mcgreggor.

ghoti

Bench
he's with us til when? 2020?

Like K said, retention of the boom youngsters is gonna be his challenge for this next phase. He won with his focus on experienced hardmen, but needs to be able to stay successful without them.

For me, there's no room for a 'rebuilding year', it's transitioning from one premiership winning side to the next.

Should be shooting for the Final 4 for the next three seasons, and with the squad we've got this year there's no reason we can't do it now...He just needs to hold onto Holmes/Bird/Graham/Townsend/Fifita without sacrificing depth.

carcharias

Immortal
Anyone who thinks that Flano should've been sacked is wrong.
It is proven beyond doubt.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and all but I must say I thought the way the players stuck by him was proof he was the real deal.
Good players too
Players that have had other very good coaches.
Blokes like bird and Holmes were probably getting offers left right and centre but came to the sharks.
He turned Fifita and prior into the best front row in the game.

Maloney
He could've gone anywhere but chose us even after all the shit.

Best coach (in footy terms) we've ever had.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think whether you think he is a good coach or a great coach, we should all agree that he is a phenomenal recruiter of players and coaching staff. This alone tells you that he knows what it takes and now the proof is there for all to see.

Go Flanno.

betcats

Referee
Anyone who thinks that Flano should've been sacked is wrong.
It is proven beyond doubt.

Hindsight being a wonderful thing and all but I must say I thought the way the players stuck by him was proof he was the real deal.
Good players too
Players that have had other very good coaches.
Blokes like bird and Holmes were probably getting offers left right and centre but came to the sharks.
He turned Fifita and prior into the best front row in the game.

Maloney
He could've gone anywhere but chose us even after all the shit.

Best coach (in footy terms) we've ever had.

I think it proves he is a very good or great coach there is no doubt about that. But that doesn't really mean he didn't make a mistake worthy of a sacking.

carcharias

Immortal
I think it proves he is a very good or great coach there is no doubt about that. But that doesn't really mean he didn't make a mistake worthy of a sacking.

Lucky others in the club knew how good he is and resigned him.
Same blokes people were screaming for to be sacked might I add.
Same blokes who hired Lyle.

taipan

Referee
Justy imagine how far we would have gone last year with Chris Anderson coaching.o_O
The very thought, send shivers down man spine.
After the crap this club has gone through, to get a coach (after what he's been through )and gel a team like he has is nothing to be sneezed at.Whatever happens from now on, he is still a top coach in my book.

If anyone in this thread was suggesting to sign Nathan Brown as our coach hang your head in shame.

Today confirms everything that people have been thinking about his stint as Newcastle coach.

That he has NFI !!!!

Fancy letting your best prop forward walk one month out from the start of the Premiership with no obvious signing coming in.

And especially with the recent injuries and suspensions in the past couple of weeks at the Club.

They are going to cop some serious floggings again this year.

Latest posts