What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

snout

First Grade
You sound angry.

We are only tainted if every other club was perfect .....and the absolute truth is storm, rorts, broncs, bulldogs, parra, manly put us in the shade.

Whatever we did never led to us winning anything.

Unlike....

Plastered

Juniors
Funny Phlegm - http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/news/flanagan-i-lied-to-my-players/1dfcfiqewdc4m1dcqy6akcicuh

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has confessed to lying to his players in the lead up to Saturday’s 20-6 victory over Parramatta.

Flanagan made the admission at the post-match press conference after skipper Paul Gallen referred to rumours the Eels forward pack were planning to take the fight to the Sharks before the game.

“We heard that they were pretty pumped before the game and they had a bit of pressure on their forwards to bash us up,” Gallen said.

The Sharks skipper was promptly asked where his pre-game intelligence had come from before a sheepish Flanagan interjected.

“I made that up,” the coach said with a grin.

“I always make some stuff up (like) ‘their forward pack are going to challenge ours, that’s the whisper in the hallways’.

“… It was just a bit of a white lie there.”

An amused Gallen then lifted the lid on more lies the coach told during the week in an attempt to light a fire under the premiers after losing two of their first three games.

“He did it at the start of the week as well, got stuck right into us about something and it just didn’t register with me real well,” Gallen said.

“I actually went and had a meeting with him about it during the week and he goes, ‘Oh mate, I made it up’.”

Flanagan explained: “It was about stats, I said only two or three of our players have matched their stats from last year and I had no idea what the stats were, I just made it up.

“I threw out a couple of stats during the week that they weren’t running as hard and weren’t breaking as many tackles.

“As I said, I didn’t research it or anything, I just made it up at the time and Gal caught me out.”

His underhanded tactics worked as the Sharks withstood an onslaught from the big Eels pack to post an impressive win.
“It was fantastic, very happy … defensively we were outstanding, tough,” Flanagan said.

“They’re a good footy team, they threw a lot at us especially in the first half but we just stood up to them and showed what we’re about – it was us of last year.”

Quigs

Immortal
Sack him and get Dessie. Just employ Phlennough to fix up all the busted dunny doors. He'll be busy doing that.

taipan

Referee
Fake News Flanno. That's it ,remove the imposter.Integrity is what we want,what will the kiddies think, even it it means losing 30 to blot.
Nah Flanno will do me, if it means he can tell porkies to win a B2B,he wins my vote.

wibble

Bench
Premiership winning coach. How good was our D looking on the weekend?

Hopefully our handling improves (I think it is bound to, it was great last year for big matches), but that sort of defense would carry us deep into the finals even if the rest of our game was poor.

When the Eels made their one line break, our whole team was back defending on the very next tackle. It was amazing.

Edrick is not really the prototype Flanno winger.
The Flange likes his wingers to do a bit of barge work, which I dont think Ed is used to.

Latest posts