What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Eulogy

red rocket

Juniors
Wow. What has happened to this once iconic club. The club that inspired great folklore. The club that was a patron of Rugby League until the Broncos entered the competition and won back to back premierships.

I know what happened. I know what caused the death of the Dragons.
It was you the fans of this once legendary club.

Hear me out before you start getting angry with me.

It's your fault because the culture of every club reflects its fans.
Now I'm not saying you're all losers, some of my best mates are Dragons fans.
But you the fans have lost your culture.
You don't support the club through hard times anymore, show some intestinal fortitude.
You don't show loyalty and show up to games anymore.
You don't back your players or your staff.

Starting to see how this transcends to the playing field now.

You need to back your coach and board. Put your feet in their big shoes and realise that they're doing the best they can.

Yet you protest, incompetently I might add. Look at the Titans, a pathetic club with a fanbase of 4 yet got rid of Searle and Cartwright. They got on the news and didn't look like spoiled brats chucking a tantrum. You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are. You shouldn't protest imo but at least do it right.

I hope you embark with the wisdom I have given you. Best of luck with your future endeavors, the game needs a strong St.George. It's no fun that the Broncos is the only powerhouse in the comp.
Piss off cock I'm red n white till I die

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Wow. What has happened to this once iconic club. The club that inspired great folklore. The club that was a patron of Rugby League until the Broncos entered the competition and won back to back premierships.

You don't support the club through hard times anymore, show some intestinal fortitude.

You need to back your coach and board. Put your feet in their big shoes and realise that they're doing the best they can.

Yet you protest, incompetently I might add. Look at the Titans, a pathetic club with a fanbase of 4 yet got rid of Searle and Cartwright. They got on the news and didn't look like spoiled brats chucking a tantrum. You however make signs and redundant threads about boycott yet come Friday you're all lining up at Kograh waiting to buy tickets like the mindless Zombies you are. You shouldn't protest imo but at least do it right.

I hope you embark with the wisdom I have given you. Best of luck with your future endeavors, the game needs a strong St.George. It's no fun that the Broncos is the only powerhouse in the comp.

f**k off dhead

latemail

Juniors
Ray
You are a delusional f**kwit
Of the highest order
Go and polish the dolphin some more
Regards
Con sukerpenis

BigBoss

Juniors
The fans are at fault??

Now I've heard it all. This once mighty club is nothing more then a boys club now; it's jobs for the boys everywhere you look. Having the appropriate credentials for the proper job doesn't matter anymore, at least not here at saints it doesn't. Everywhere else most clubs are treated as a business; like it should be. But not here no, I'd sooner compare it to a circus here at saints.

Peter Doust has been nothing but a lingering sickness on this club for many, many years, and I blame him completely for what has transpired in recent times. His only 'goal' has been survival/self preservation. Go on youtube and try to find a video of him being interviewed by 'anyone' answering the big questions. Good luck finding anything, 'the guy' cleary doesn't give a shit. I noticed you mentioned he was the reason for the 2010 premiership. Wayne Bennet originally wanted 5 years, Doust gave him 3. The guy is a Dil.

I'm started to think you only posted here to get a reaction from anyone that would actually take the time to listen/reply.

The fish rots from the head. Remove Doust things will change on and off the field.

Last edited:

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Doust is the only thing keeping your club together. You should be thankful that you're not owned by Greg Florimo.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Load of croc Ray. Dragons fans always turn out in big numbers when the club is consistently competitive. So far under Mary that has not happened. We win we bring the crowds. The cog is turning again and Ben Hunt will be a big part of that successful turn in WINNING AGAIN.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

Retraction to post in another thread.

Your actually a supreme idiot.

Old Timer

Coach
I don't follow any club.
So you don't follow a club but you comment adversely on the behaviour of the Dragons fan base
Well when you follow a team unlike yourself you buy into all aspects and do so with passion regardess of it being a high or a low
You being not aligned seem to think you have the right to question our passion and then crucify us
You are a non committed, passionless observer who has made ridiculous assertions so when you grow some balls and decide to make a commitment to a club come back to us but in the meantime keep hiding in the shadows with all the other emotionless dick head commentators
Our club will survive the likes of you pea hearts

dragonssamy61

First Grade
So you don't follow a club but you comment adversely on the behaviour of the Dragons fan base
Well when you follow a team unlike yourself you buy into all aspects and do so with passion regardess of it being a high or a low
You being not aligned seem to think you have the right to question our passion and then crucify us
You are a non committed, passionless observer who has made ridiculous assertions so when you grow some balls and decide to make a commitment to a club come back to us but in the meantime keep hiding in the shadows with all the other emotionless dick head commentators

Well said OT

Ray McKigney

Juniors
I don't need to support the club to have an opinion on them, what a fatuous thing to say.
It's just my two cents worth, I just happen to be right.
I sort of miss the old Red V tbh.

possm

Coach
Ray, the problem with your proposed solution is that Doust, Mary and the Dragon's Board are the problem. Us fans have very little redress as the voting system is skewed in the above mentions favour. In addition there is an old boy mentality that makes it near impossible to cause change.

The problem is not the attitude of Dragon's fans, it is the attitude and performance of Dragon's management.