What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah and thoughts on him...

Fordy20

Juniors
As i said earlier, a Strong CEO would keep that shit in check.

Look at Manly, full of disgruntled players, and a divided board, but their CEO manages to keep everyone in check without constantly bleating in the media.

Or CEO is always running his gob in the media but has no control over the board or the players.

Do you know who how Manly appoint their CEO and their coach? I know in our constitution that the board appoints the CEO and the coach. Mayer confirmed this earlier this year when he said that a decision on who should be coach is a decision for the board. Personally, I think our model is setup for failure. A board shouldn't be making decisions like that, they should select the management team and let the management team run the organisation. Hopefully this will be rectified as part of the governance overhaul.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm just confused as to why he is copping almost the entirety of the hatred considering his involvement in what started the fiasco was next to nil.

Yep.

The board refused to re-sign Potter.

Which is fine. This is what really gets me. The board have the right to hold off on this decision and see how the season turns out.

How many people complain about our teams meritocracy. The board should calmly make a decision on the coaching set-up for next season and if Potter isn't standing out as the best option shouldn't they hold off.

But no way in hell am I going to call for him to be punted, or stripped of the captaincy. Nor will I call him a sook, or arrogant or any of that other nonsense.

I really don't get the comments directed at Robbie. Yes he seems pissed off to me but in some ways rightly so.

Its not his job or the players job to pick the coach. Tallis and his stupid comments are offensive.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
It seems some Tigers fans have been looking for a reason to hate on the bloke and decided this would be it.

I think that's true for most other team supporters. They've all been waiting to pile shit on him for years. with how quickly everyone believed/defended Talis and the overreaction to the "no show" at the press conference even though it was pre arranged.

Farrah isn't perfect but I would trade him for any other(except smith) hooker in the game. the calls for axing are so over the top it's comical.

souths_pride

Juniors
As i said earlier, a Strong CEO would keep that shit in check.

Look at Manly, full of disgruntled players, and a divided board, but their CEO manages to keep everyone in check without constantly bleating in the media.

Or CEO is always running his gob in the media but has no control over the board or the players.

I alluded to this the other week. Its because of these sorts of actions and the way all clubs (not just the Tigers) handle incidents that the NRL wants to introduce independent directors to help run the clubs. Can you blame the NRL for that sort of stance, given some of the stuff we've seen this season and some of the people who are appointed to positions of power within clubs.

Tiger05

First Grade
with how quickly everyone believed/defended Talis and the overreaction to the "no show" at the press conference even though it was pre arranged.

Farrah isn't perfect but I would trade him for any other(except smith) hooker in the game. the calls for axing are so over the top it's comical.

This is all completely correct.

Tallis was a dick and Robbie didn't turn up to a press conference which happens. Its not a big deal.

There are some drama queens out there.

souths_pride

Juniors
Do you know who how Manly appoint their CEO and their coach? I know in our constitution that the board appoints the CEO and the coach. Mayer confirmed this earlier this year when he said that a decision on who should be coach is a decision for the board. Personally, I think our model is setup for failure. A board shouldn't be making decisions like that, they should select the management team and let the management team run the organisation. Hopefully this will be rectified as part of the governance overhaul.

Thats a really interesting point you raise. However, I think the problem has more to do with those appointed to the board. I think in order to be successful, the board needs to comprise of a mixture of ex-players who can provide insights with the football related issues, an the business people who handle the financial, market and media stuff. In saying that, I really think the setup that Penrith has at the moment is a good. They've got their board, who are made up of ex-players and business people, their CEO who probably runs the business side of things at the club, and then they've appointed Phil Gould as their general manager who is in charge of running the football side of things. I think that structure has provided alot more stability at the club and its probably a key reason why they're doing well this season and not in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I must admit Mayer has lost my confidence. I was a massive fan of his before this, the way he had turned the club around along with Potter after the Sheens years so quickly was very encouraging. However this crap should have been a one day story that was quickly forgotten about & it could have been if he had have acted appropriately by calling a press conference & backing Farah & saying the decision to sack/keep Potter was one for the board & the board only.
I now think he has to go along with the current board. We will never have on field success with such poor off filed leadership. Do it all at the end of the season, let the new board decide on the CEO & coach.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must admit Mayer has lost my confidence. I was a massive fan of his before this, the way he had turned the club around along with Potter after the Sheens years so quickly was very encouraging. However this crap should have been a one day story that was quickly forgotten about & it could have been if he had have acted appropriately by calling a press conference & backing Farah & saying the decision to sack/keep Potter was one for the board & the board only.
I now think he has to go along with the current board. We will never have on field success with such poor off filed leadership. Do it all at the end of the season, let the new board decide on the CEO & coach.

exactly my thoughts as well.

gronkathon

First Grade
The fact Burgess is on our board says it all.

A mental midget who spent his entire career riding off his brothers coat tails and ripping off young up and coming bands.

Not to mention he actually loathes the JV

Matchball

Bench
The fact Burgess is on our board says it all.

A mental midget who spent his entire career riding off his brothers coat tails and ripping off young up and coming bands.

Not to mention he actually loathes the JV

Tell me more. Have his first name?

gronkathon

First Grade
Dennis.

If you went to the Broncos game he was the inept merkin out the front of a group of pensioners murdering songs at halftime

I think 'our captain' handled that interview pretty well.

Let's hope the playing group can just concentrate on what's left of their 2014 year now.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I think we can deduce from that the leaks are coming from the board & Mayer is running around behind the scenes doing their bidding. Time for the board & Mayer to go, it would seem the playing group has no confidence in them after this.

Pezz70

Juniors
I agree, judging on his demeanour, he is pretty hurt by what's happened, despite the mistakes he has made in handling the issues I see his point. He is not the man crucifying our coach. One thing that was highlighted during the whole process was how the club handled the media, you would've thought a reasonable spin doctor would have been all over this very early on and responses would have been rehearsed, ' on message' and consistent. The fact that it wasn't managed this way really highlights massive dramas at the top. There's definitely a war on in tiger town!

BrotherJim05

Bench
One day I'm going to die and hopefully go to heaven. I will ask god:

- Were there ever aliens?
- Who was truly responsible for 9/11
- What was the real problem with Tiger's management