What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran Is Coming

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You getting confused with that idiot DCE now there is the real myth and a guy that treats clubs disgracefully.

What Foran did with Sea Eagles was move on from there he did nothing wrong at all. He's entitled to join another club and he did so. Unlike that merkin DCE whom f**ked over the Titans with his BS.

Paramatta don't deserve any sympathy whatsoever. The man was under mental strain and required to get some needed help. If you still bitter about him moving on from your club then I guess you are right up there with DCE as merkin too.

The real story with what went on behind the scenes with Foran at Manly is a hell of a lot different to what you would be assuming

JJ

Immortal
We get it WW, you have serious man love for Foran, the meltdown in the main forum was more than enough surely

We get it WW, you have serious man love for Foran, the meltdown in the main forum was more than enough surely

No I just defend people of all shapes, sizes, color if they are getting unjustifiably criticized from Merkins who have nothing better to put the boot into a guy while he's down. I hope your parents and loved ones are proud of you JJ you're a top guy

The real story with what went on behind the scenes with Foran at Manly is a hell of a lot different to what you would be assuming

Oh please not another guy who is in the know but won't share sources or actual proof? Are you that bitter that he moved on from your club? Do you dislike/hate Kieran that much?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I dont care if Foran ate from the forbidden tree, its all in the past now. I just want to know how his injuries are. Still on the fence with Foran, just hope he doesnt quit on us next year.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Oh please not another guy who is in the know but won't share sources or actual proof? Are you that bitter that he moved on from your club? Do you dislike/hate Kieran that much?

Not bitter at all, if I had to choose between 1 or the other, DCE every day of the week. Don't hate the guy, that is only reserved for Storm players lol. He is just fairly easily led and manly hiring Joey Johns who he got close too wasn't ideal for him

What I was told about the situation I was sceptical of, until 1 by 1 over the ensuring months it all fell into place piece by piece, ending with a social media post saying "karma" when he announced he was going to Parra

Last edited:
Not bitter at all, if I had to choose between 1 or the other, DCE every day of the week. Don't hate the guy, that is only reserved for Storm players lol. He is just fairly easily led and manly hiring Joey Johns who he got close too wasn't ideal for him

What I was told about the situation I was sceptical of, until 1 by 1 over the ensuring months it all fell into place piece by piece, ending with a social media post saying "karma" when he announced he was going to Parra

DCE over Foran? Wow I guess each to their own. What are your thoughts on his merkin way he dealt with the Titans? Surely that is the gold medal for recent merkin moves right?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
DCE over Foran? Wow I guess each to their own. What are your thoughts on his merkin way he dealt with the Titans? Surely that is the gold medal for recent merkin moves right?

Similar thoughts to what I have with Tedesco, Papali, Moltzen, Lewis and the many others that have done it over the years, glad the rules have been tightened up now to prevent that sort of stuff happening further

Foran is a great competitor but can be limited in some areas of his game,DCE may be more up and down but has more natural talent and ability to set stuff up for others, is why they worked so well together for many years
DCE never wanted to leave, manly decided they couldn't keep both, chose Foran and withdrew offer to DCE so he signed elsewhere. Then circumstances changed. End for the day has ended up better for both Manly and the Titans probably

This helps ease my doubts somewhat. "Total lies" says Foran of the negative stuff on the media. Good news.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11716777

He's a proven champ and is human we never know what life brings for us around the corner. I just wish him well hence I stick up for anybody who has real life issues and requires help, I just don't have that in me to kick anyone while they are down and out. Get well soon Kieran.

shiznit

Coach
Hmmm.... ive heard a so called 'real story' that went down with Manly and it's pretty horrendous for the club and certain Manly players.

I think Forans real problem lies with the fact he's been part of two absolutely shit run football clubs.

I don't mean on the football field... (well probably in Parras case yes...) I mean off the field... Parra and Manly have had the worst f**king dramas at board level when this kid has been around.

He's never had any clear long standing direction in any dealings with either f**king club so to deal with Doyle and Watson will probably help him.

Say what you like about Foran off the field.... on the field he's been top class... even last season when he was on the field.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
He's a good player, no mistake. And as he did with DCE (and Norman), will compliment the Princess well

I don't think he's as good as some of the media, but with the right halves partner he's spot on - yin and yang I guess

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hmmm.... ive heard a so called 'real story' that went down with Manly and it's pretty horrendous for the club and certain Manly players.

I think Forans real problem lies with the fact he's been part of two absolutely shit run football clubs.

I don't mean on the football field... (well probably in Parras case yes...) I mean off the field... Parra and Manly have had the worst f**king dramas at board level when this kid has been around.

He's never had any clear long standing direction in any dealings with either f**king club so to deal with Doyle and Watson will probably help him.

Say what you like about Foran off the field.... on the field he's been top class... even last season when he was on the field.

Why I thought Des would be heavily in the running with him, who knows what a years time will bring though

The toughest part of everything for him will be leaving his kids behind and that for me will be the big determiner about if/how long he can last in Auckland without them. His last 18 months at Manly he played pretty poor footy while distracted

You're right about off the field, have heard some pretty alarming stuff about Manly recently and if true will be another tough year next year

If we move onto Foran the player. Obviously a quality player, biggest strength his toughness. Long kicking game not great (Joey used to call him pop gun), ball playing around average, football brain top notch and defence for a half top class as well.

On the negative side, apparently his hammies are a ticking time bomb and will never be 100% again, hopefully a long break will help a bit in that area. His biggest strength is also potentially a weakness long term, taking the ball to the line and taking the hits, was advised a few years back to take the biggest deal he can now because he won't have a long career if he continues to play that style, because his body will give up taking the punishment

Will watch with interest, always have a soft spot for a guy that's put everything into your club and won a premiership

This helps ease my doubts somewhat. "Total lies" says Foran of the negative stuff on the media. Good news.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11716777
Just saw a Fox Sports News exert on NRL 360 discussing Foran and the Instagram statement.
Paul Kent claimed media had been good to him for a long time, he is calling the media, he is inviting the media, his ex girlfriend is putting statements on social media.
Hason is holding his own Press conference on his relationship with him and things they have gotten up to
Foran called Andrew Webster(SMH) on Thursday morning out of the blue, he didn't know his number, backgrounded his situation why he wanted to go to the Warriors.
He wouldn't print it unless he wanted to go on the record, which he did and gave 300 words of quotes.

Their summary was he is badly advised, not in a good state, ramblings and Webster thinks no chance he will play NRL next year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There's so much foggy mist around this guy. Now Greenberg has said the contract isn't likely to be ratified any time soon, and apparently Foran's contract requires it to be done by December or it becomes void and he doesn't come.

I dunno, I like the guy a lot - but I'm starting to cool on how this is going to play out. We as Warriors fans especially sometimes get wrapped up in only looking at how our squad and individuals look solely as players, disregarding fitness, attitude, team cohesion, all those other factors.

Dude has ongoing hammie/backs whatever, six months ago was in a mental health facility, has just split with the mother of his two kids, has to move out of his home town and to another country where he'll see not a lot of his kids, will be playing behind an average pack and then all the alleged/hypothetical stuff around gambling, the NRL not being in a position yet to ratify his contract, that he might take the one year then go back to Sydney etc. I'm probably missing some stuff off the top of my head too.

I mean, if he conquers that and plays good footy that contributes to us being a contender, that's pretty incredible...

3 months of columns for the media too wow they won't have to come up with anything with substance until then. f**k you Greenberg just green light the move ya bastard prove to us he's guilty or let the man get on with his career and life.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Looking at it now, was it a poor move from the Warriors to come out and announce his signing ?

The rumours were there anyway I guess, but now we have a situation where there is even more public interest as stories written about him for the next few months

If his head is such a mess, maybe he shouldn't have put himself in a situation like this and just taken the complete break for 12-18months as he indicated at the time, it seems that since making that statement, was only a couple of weeks before he was negotiating again

Looking at it now, was it a poor move from the Warriors to come out and announce his signing ?

The rumours were there anyway I guess, but now we have a situation where there is even more public interest as stories written about him for the next few months

If his head is such a mess, maybe he shouldn't have put himself in a situation like this and just taken the complete break for 12-18months as he indicated at the time, it seems that since making that statement, was only a couple of weeks before he was negotiating again

If he does manage to play in round 1 next season it would be 9 and half months since he last played surely that's a long enough time for him to recoup. What's the difference between that and a year to 18 months? I think the worst thing we can do to him now is stop him from doing a thing he loves to do and if he feels he is ready now then they bloody should just let him carry on

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3 months of columns for the media too wow they won't have to come up with anything with substance until then. f**k you Greenberg just green light the move ya bastard prove to us he's guilty or let the man get on with his career and life.

I think you might be missing the point. The NRL isn't not ratifying the contract straight away because Foran might be guilty of betting irregularities or whatever else has been rumoured. It's because he freely admitted he tried to kill himself with pain killers, that he was in a mental facility, is vulnerable for a whole host of reasons. He walked away from a contract only a couple of months ago because he believed he was not up to fulfilling it. You can see why the NRL won't rush in to letting him sign another one straight away, perhaps?

In fact I'm sure you're missing the point. He may have played nine months ago but his issues are ongoing off the field, so it's not like he's got away from them just because he's not wearing a football jersey.