What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

OldPanther

Coach
Read the Maloney thread. Early on he was getting the same stuff said.

Most people said he played well v the Knight but needed to back it up. A simple read in the gameday thread and sharks section most don't think that he did. So it is hardly just us saying it

He did well under the circumstances. Like MX says about Souths. Their forwards are dominating. Honestly I think the comp should fear the Burgii when they are playing well.

TheFrog

Coach
Moylan was excellent in the first half but quiet in the second. A bit stiff to get binned I thought. His forwards were outplayed. Gallen, like Thurston, has played a year too long. Lewis didn't look right either.

mxlegend99

Referee
He did well under the circumstances. Like MX says about Souths. Their forwards are dominating. Honestly I think the comp should fear the Burgii when they are playing well.
Origin will fire RCG up to go back to and exceed his 2017 form

The Burgess boys can fear RCG and JFH.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan was excellent in the first half but quiet in the second. A bit stiff to get binned I thought. His forwards were outplayed. Gallen, like Thurston, has played a year too long. Lewis didn't look right either.
Binnings are a f**king lottery now.

Outside of the line break binnings (which almost didn't happen last night too) they just blow random penalties and then decide someone is going to the bin. I dont recall the warning to Gallen. But if it happened it was likely after Paulos second penalty.

Just as it was with Tamou, Merrin and Ellis. The binning is ultimately bad luck for the guy who happens to cop THAT penalty.

age.s

First Grade
Honestly, are we better off with or without Moylan?

Our position on the ladder suggests that we're handling being Moylan-less alright.

We're better off without the Moylan we were getting.

There's no point wondering how we'd go with a Moylan who was firing on all cylinders. We weren't getting that player and there's no indication that was going to change.

Kilkenny

Coach
Listened to the game on the ABC and clearly Souths outgunned the Sharks so little surprise Moylan & Townsend found it tough going.

Moylan has such an ineffectual kicking game places which places additional pressure on Townsend and when the Sharks forwards aren't on top as was the case last night it is a recipe for failure.

The Sharks forums are an interesting read. After six wins back to back you think there fans would suck it up a bit after last night's loss but the negativity makes our band of supporters on here positively positive by comparison.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
The Sharks forums are an interesting read. After six wins back to back you think there fans would suck it up a bit after last night's loss but the negativity makes our band of supporters on here positively positive by comparison.
This is what some of our lads should think about when we lose. Not nice to be the entertainment and laughing stock for other teams' supporters. I'm off to lurk at the Sharks forum now.

betcats

Referee
I think they do less speed work and cardio. Their players don't look all that quick.

Maybe have more focus on strength. While we seem to focus on speed and fitness

It’s very likely something like this. It’s not hard to change a professional athletes body shape with a few small training adjustments.

betcats

Referee
Because I watched the game. Do you think losing teams can't have good players? I'd argue Yeo hasn't ever had a bad game for us (maybe allowing one or two) even though we don't always win. RCG was man of the match in our loss to the Broncos in last years finals match.

Last night the Sharks were let down by their forwards. I was genuinely angry at Fifita for looking like a nothing player after hearing all week that he's suppose to be the best prop in the game.

Yeo has a shocker last season, I remember it well lol.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo has a shocker last season, I remember it well lol.
I read that originally as last week and thought you were on drugs since he was among our best.

I think I know the game you're referring to. I cant remember the opposition but he dropped a couple of simple passes that could have led to tries. By his standard it was a shocker. But it was a typical Boyd Cordner performance.

betcats

Referee
I read that originally as last week and thought you were on drugs since he was among our best.

I think I know the game you're referring to. I cant remember the opposition but he dropped a couple of simple passes that could have led to tries. By his standard it was a shocker. But it was a typical Boyd Cordner performance.

Yeah couple knock ons and chances bombed. It might’ve even been against the roosters?

betcats

Referee
1 game in 94... by seasons end it will be less than 1% of his games that were bad.

Not too bad.

Oh I’m not knocking him, he’s close to my favourite player right now. I just remember the game because it was so unusual for him.

Latest posts