What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Pennies

Quigs

Immortal
Fahrrrkk I was screamin at "The Tackle" when he didn't turn that pass back into the flying Moyza. That had try written all over it and he (Loots) blew it.

Ramstein has a lot to do to catch Ricky. He is incredibly strong, great balance & massive drive. He also has the ability to offload in traffic. Great defender too.
I hope he goes NOWHERE!

wibble

Bench
Didn't Leutele side step then run 80 metres for a try last year?

Leutele can run just fine, has a good step, and defends well. He is a very solid first grader and is unlikely to be dropped any time soon.

He does drop it a bit, and throws silly passes in line breaks rather than taking the best option, and those are frustrating but don't make him a bad player. Just not perfect, like pretty much every other player.

He took two poor options in space yesterday, as did Paulo, and just added to our total this year and last, of tries bombed through poor execution. I think I notice them more for the Sharks so it could be a case of confirmation bias, but it seems we are close to the best team in the comp at bombing tries (and by best I mean worst...).

Feki is also a solid first grader, but his obvious weakness against the high ball (which has always been his flaw) was so ruthlessly exploited by a Roosters team that we otherwise competed evenly with, you wonder if he can make it back. I daresay he will, as he has plenty of upside as well, but Flanno may need to really work on a centre, back rower and winger defensive structure against bombs on his side of the field that gives us at least some chance of defending them.

The form from that game of our spine is the most pleasing thing. Actually gave me hope we could do well with that spine.

Also obviously our defense was very good for most of the game (as it has been a few games this year), and Prior really helped with that. Getting back to his best.

With Moylan running and backing up, and Paulo and Sorenson on the field, we seemed to be much faster than in recent weeks.