What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs. the Cows

Stake Removed

First Grade
Ok

He is a c**k.

Had to laugh the Titans have got him on their coach finding panel.

Thats why Chris Anderson has put up his hand to be involved, probably thought Tallis doing interview, i will tell him we should play that game like we did 20 years ago, and Tallis will nod his head in agreement

anyone who thinks we need to own the result should watch the after game presser with flanno and gal

well done to flanno for not getting unhinged about what happened but rammed it right up their ass

Quigs

Immortal
The officialdom was atrocious, but we should of expected that as that has been what has been dished up in week one of the finals.

I am still basking in the glow of our first ever win. They can't take that away from me now.

Today our team continued with its usual form and for most of the game our usual tactics. We are so whats the word they use now ..... clunky and predicatble. I am honestly surprised we got here to tell youse the truth. It was only for a few dream game results from other sides late in the season that gave us a glimpse. And even then we blew one or two of those results we needed to make it easier for us.

Shit the planets even lined up again with us finishing fifth and getting the bonus of possibly having all Sydney games on our road to back to back. But just like in the castle it was a case of "tell him his dreamin'.."

We couldn't even string together 3 solid games in a row coming into the finals.

Oh well there is always next year but I have a little prediction. The game has evolved since our Oct 2016 break through. We are stagnant and I don't think we are going to change munch. Old roster getting older. I believe our side doesn't know how to change things.

I know it is a big early call but I reckon we will be battling to make the 8 next year.

Our attack is shit - boring bat shit shit.

The refereeing is not going to improve for the rest of this year and well into the future. Some poor bastards from some other clubs will now have to be prepared to expect shithouse decisions that will cost them games right up until we get to the Channel Nein NRL Grand Final.

I am sort of glad that we are now gone.

I am pretty sure that I will be dropping back a gear or two next season and will not get so involved and serious about the League. I will still be a Sharky but I am not going to give two shits about this and that and who wants out and who wants in.

I've lived long enough to see the Mighties finally win the big one. I have had a brilliant ride for the last 23 months, it has been a blast. Top shelf shit stirring north of the Tweed. BUT NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TO THE MOUNTAIN and I don't think I need to get myself worked up over the mountain again I think it will be very noice to just sit back in the Home and watch from a distance. If someone spills the ball or gets pinged or shouldn't be fullback of hooker or on the bench I hope to be in the right frame of mind to just say ..... "oh that is good.... yes I remember Oct 2016"

The howlers we have seen in the first four finals has just confirmed my desire to pass the baton on to a new army of "idiots"

shadowboxer

First Grade
anyone who thinks we need to own the result should watch the after game presser with flanno and gal

well done to flanno for not getting unhinged about what happened but rammed it right up their ass
I just hope he is right now thinking abut what is ahead for 2018. I liked what he said but didn't really put the blow torch on any of the players - when he sat down and his first word was "disgraceful" - I wasn't sure if he was talking about the players or the refs - obviously the later.
Hope he is proactive if something presents itself

Bill Harrigan said on the radio that it was the worst reffing performance of the finals this weekend, for both teams, and that those two should not be there for anymore games, or words to that effect

Feej

First Grade
The officialdom was atrocious, but we should of expected that as that has been what has been dished up in week one of the finals.

I am still basking in the glow of our first ever win. They can't take that away from me now.

Today our team continued with its usual form and for most of the game our usual tactics. We are so whats the word they use now ..... clunky and predicatble. I am honestly surprised we got here to tell youse the truth. It was only for a few dream game results from other sides late in the season that gave us a glimpse. And even then we blew one or two of those results we needed to make it easier for us.

Shit the planets even lined up again with us finishing fifth and getting the bonus of possibly having all Sydney games on our road to back to back. But just like in the castle it was a case of "tell him his dreamin'.."

We couldn't even string together 3 solid games in a row coming into the finals.

Oh well there is always next year but I have a little prediction. The game has evolved since our Oct 2016 break through. We are stagnant and I don't think we are going to change munch. Old roster getting older. I believe our side doesn't know how to change things.

I know it is a big early call but I reckon we will be battling to make the 8 next year.

Our attack is shit - boring bat shit shit.

The refereeing is not going to improve for the rest of this year and well into the future. Some poor bastards from some other clubs will now have to be prepared to expect shithouse decisions that will cost them games right up until we get to the Channel Nein NRL Grand Final.

I am sort of glad that we are now gone.

I am pretty sure that I will be dropping back a gear or two next season and will not get so involved and serious about the League. I will still be a Sharky but I am not going to give two shits about this and that and who wants out and who wants in.

I've lived long enough to see the Mighties finally win the big one. I have had a brilliant ride for the last 23 months, it has been a blast. Top shelf shit stirring north of the Tweed. BUT NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TO THE MOUNTAIN and I don't think I need to get myself worked up over the mountain again I think it will be very noice to just sit back in the Home and watch from a distance. If someone spills the ball or gets pinged or shouldn't be fullback of hooker or on the bench I hope to be in the right frame of mind to just say ..... "oh that is good.... yes I remember Oct 2016"

The howlers we have seen in the first four finals has just confirmed my desire to pass the baton on to a new army of "idiots"
I'm pretty much with you mate. Life's too short and now we've finally nabbed a premiership I've got other things on my plate. New GF, a couple of bands, work and travel.

Quigs

Immortal
I've made the call already to the voices that talk back to me inside me head.

For the past so many footy season I care to remember it has always been a case of "sorry can't do that the Sharks are playing" TV game or around at Old Mates place watching it on Mr Fox.

I've lost count of how many things Ive missed or do's I've not gone to because the footy was on.

Next season it is going to be "oh yeah might record it or watch it later if we win"

As for the NRL itself, the Channel Nein Friday Night Donks, the whistle blowers and the bunker they can all go and get f**ked. The NRL has chipped away at me for over a decade or more . I got my reward for long service in 2016. Its time to slow down and enjoy the rest of my life without putting up with their bullshit.

Of course if the Qantas Thread comes back to life I will be in there swinging.