What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones II

Shorty

Staff member
They have a narrative that has been developing, not everyone likes it but there would be viewers that would like that couple.
Also maybe one of them is getting knocked off this season.

The Beaver

Juniors
It was nearly 10% of the episode. Absolute waste of time for two bit players.

Selmy should've survived and cut down a few kings guard/queens guard like he said he could in season 1 and then get a dignified death. Instead he got knocked off in some far off irrelevant city. Selmy > Greyworm. Wouldn't have got stuck with that dead air scene either.

Game_Breaker

Coach
What do people think about the theory that this entire story is being told by Sam in a book?
Explains what the 'blade' from the opening credits feature so much, they are located in the ceiling of the citadel.
It gives the dialogue about needing to have a poetic writing style a bit more meaning also.

I like that theory
It might not explain how he can write about intimate details between characters he hasn't met

Also during that scene they made a point about showing us a book with the title 'history of House Lannister'. They wouldn't do that unless its critical

Pommy

Coach
I like that theory
It might not explain how he can write about intimate details between characters he hasn't met

Also during that scene they made a point about showing us a book with the title 'history of House Lannister'. They wouldn't do that unless its critical

I like to think his 'poetic style' is embellishing the story to make it a good read whilst covering all the major events.

Pommy

Coach
Dickless and hot chick scene went for 5 minutes. That's 5 minutes of wasted airtime.

55367030.jpg

BennyV

Referee
He moves forward and she's dead. It's well acknowledged that the writting has gone downhill since GRRM left but surely they haven't put this much time into Theon for nothing.
Yeah, Game of Thrones definitely never kills off characters that they've spent several seasons on...

Theon getting killed in one way or another would have been a more apt ending to that scene IMO.

Aragorn

First Grade
I don't understand how people have such a strong opinion about the sandsnakes or the love scenes, like it's literally a few minutes.

I'm not looking forward to next few weeks, Cersei is going to have a field day with Ellaria and her daughter.

love scenes? please.

there was no booty showing.

I feel so short changed.

DlEHARD

Juniors
It was nearly 10% of the episode. Absolute waste of time for two bit players.

Selmy should've survived and cut down a few kings guard/queens guard like he said he could in season 1 and then get a dignified death. Instead he got knocked off in some far off irrelevant city. Selmy > Greyworm. Wouldn't have got stuck with that dead air scene either.
Yes yes yes

Shorty

Staff member
love scenes? please.

there was no booty showing.

I feel so short changed.
That's true, he didn't even really build up either he went straight down there lol.
I'd rather that then some of the gratuitous sex scenes in season 2 or that way too long shot of aged up Mel!

Aragorn

First Grade
That's true, he didn't even really build up either he went straight down there lol.
I'd rather that then some of the gratuitous sex scenes in season 2 or that way too long shot of aged up Mel!

Speaking of Mel, boy she just gets better with age. Stunning to look at in ep 2.

Has a face you want to kiss and a body you just want to.........

Gratuitous sex scenes is what made got so raw and powerful. To cheat the loyal followers of this because they're now "main stream" goes against everything George Martin believes in.

I also noticed the unexpected deaths of key characters or the good guys drying up in the last few series....

Dont forget your roots that made this tv series so special and different from all the rest. Including LOTR.

BennyV

Referee
I also noticed the unexpected deaths of key characters or the good guys drying up in the last few series....
...except for, like, when Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor, taking out the entire Tyrell Family, the High Sparrow and several members of the Small Council...

BennyV

Referee
Theon, "little brother", will kill Cersei as prophecised.
...that would actually be a brilliant twist!

My problem with the valonqar thing is that it purely comes from the books. During the flashback on the show, Maggie the Frog didnt mention that Valonqar, only that a younger, more beautiful queen would take her throne from her. The show doesn't have a good track record of following up on missed items form the book...

BestHookerRein

Juniors
Not sure if I love Euron, or if I'm in love with Euron. Different kind of 'villain' in the show, as he looks like he just wants to create chaos, rather than evil, almost Joker-esque