Joel Thompson Announcement

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by MrDragon007, Oct 17, 2017.

1. John moz

John moz Juniors

Confirmed today he is staying for 2018 great news .

WoyD4LWoy, Dragsters, SEAT 1A and 4 others like this.
  2. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

Told you Manly pulled offer.
    So he staying not upset at all.
    He wanted to stay.
    But 2019 is a different story.
    We are trying to get wamsley for 2019 if so tommo will go. That is all I know

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Glad he's staying.
    1 year is a long time in footy.. Who knows , if he performs well he may get a new contract.

4. grouch

grouch First Grade

MrDragon007's record of fail continues

5. Dragsters

Dragsters Juniors

So Thommo WAS being honest after all when he said he wasn't sure if he was staying or going.

A stand up guy, no doubt...

6. MrDragon007

MrDragon007 Juniors

Hahahaha what record of fails champ?
    Heres an idea, why dont you check out JTs twitter account, the day after i passed on info i heard, he himself said "i will have news in weeks time about my future, i am instructed not to talk at the moment"....
    So that in itself says that the info i heard and obviously many others on here heard was in fact correct at the time.
    The cronk/pearce situation seems to have thrown a spanner in the works, shit happens...
    And please explain, what else have i stated that i failed with?
    I pass on info, i have never stated anything is 100% going to happen besides this topic, and i really did believe it was going to happen.
    Maggets like you sit there and offer nothing but wrist slitting bullshit then jump on anything that anyone says and make others out to be liars and shit talkers.
    Id prefer people like dragonsamy and como connection etc etc who pass on info when they hear it. It doesnt always come off, but people with even half a brain realise alot goes on behind the scenes and doesnt always come off.
    The brain dead maggets like yourself cant comprehend that.

7. MrDragon007

MrDragon007 Juniors

Heard the same thing too, when the Thomo situation looked like eventuating we were apparently keen for Walmsley for 2018, now that the thomo leaving scenario seems to be put to bed we will target Walmsley for 2019.
    I also heard we enquired about Junior Paulo from the raiders, did you anything about that?
    The only info i heard different to yours was Thomo wanted to leave, not because of any ill feeling, but the offer he had was too good to pass up. $575k per year on the books with $100k extra in TPAs.
    Cant blame him for being interested in those sort of dollars.

8. Belta

Belta Juniors

I for one am grateful that forum members chose to post some of the rumours. If they come to fruition than great if not so be it, it's sill interesting to discuss in any case, thanks again to those who have access and take the time to share this information, you won't cop ctricism from me

9. MrDragon007

MrDragon007 Juniors

your alot like me, i like hearing the rumours. They dont always come to fruition but 90% of the time those rumblings are actually happening.
    Remember the good old Brett Morris, with that picture? Hahahahaha i thought "NoWay in hell is he ever going to the dogs after that pic".... then bang... off he went.
    We as fans dont know a quarter of what goes on, clubs trying to make room for other players, trying to get under the cap, etc etc....
    Iv seen many on here state things that dont eventuate, doesnt mean they wernt discussed and appraoches werent made.

10. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

MrDragon007
    I don't want to sound like a name dropper but I heard it exactly the same way from thomo and someone else.
    As you said he likes it at the dragons and is a champion bloke.
    But Manlys offer was to good to be true and would have set him up for when finishes.
    He was just looking after his family.
    Re Junior Paulo.
    Yes interest for sure.
    But I think ( and this my option not official) he was back up plan.
    In case Wamsley fell through.
    But all just conjure now that tommo staying.
    He will continue to give 100% as he always has.
    Are you enjoying the world cup.
    If we were to get Wamsley for 2018 we would have to pay a transfer fee.
    So that my have something to do with it as well.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Qdf, Dragsters, Coffs dragon and 2 others like this.
  11. Red V for life

Red V for life Juniors

I’m happy Thommo is staying. I’m a big fan.

I had always planned on flying down for the 10 year member event this year and I was really looking forward to meeting him most of all and when the rumours started, I was not a happy camper...

...but happy days are here again and i can’t wait.

Dragsters, dragonssamy61 and TruSaint like this.
  12. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

Redv - I met Thommo at this years members event and last year brisbane red v event the guy is totally approachable and so down to earth no ego. Its good hes staying for 2018 and if we manage to replace him with walmsley that will be a bonus. Make sure you get down for the 2018 event and we will have a beer at the taj

nontime111 and Red V for life like this.
  13. Red V for life

Red V for life Juniors

Sounds like a plan qld redvee!!

14. Crush

Crush Juniors

Great news that Thommo is staying.
    I'm a big fan. Ive said it before but his aggression is second to none in the way he hits in defense. He isn't the biggest bloke in the team but he may well be the toughest.

15. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

Happy that JT is staying. I think the increased competition in the forwards and having another forward leader on board(JG)will spur him on further. I really hope he can recapture his early 2015 form where he was being talked up for Origin.
    Sure keeps the aggro in our pack.

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  16. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Good news for guys, guy can play, is champ off the field too.

2010, dragonssamy61, TruSaint and 3 others like this.
  17. BennyV

BennyV Coach

I'm not actually overly excited by JT staying. We are fairly good for first grade quality edge backrowers and backups, keeping him means that either Sims or Friz is being used as a battering ram in the middle of the park when they could be much more effective on the edge. It also means that Host's development will continue to stall because McMoron will throw him into the middle as well.

As much as I enjoy Thommo as a player and personality, i would have been happier losing him if it meant another primed prop, speedy outside back or backup hooker.

18. hermidale1

hermidale1 Juniors

Hopefully this doesn't happen. A local junior being stuffed around by the coach and played out of position could force him to look elsewhere where there is interest. Has happened before and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

19. mickeylane

mickeylane Juniors

Absolutely great news.. I think Cowboys and us have the best packs w daylight second.. I don't see Thurston lasting 10 games so Morgan will be on his own again

20. Slackboy72

Slackboy72 First Grade

I watched our opening game this year against Penrith last night.
    Thommo got a hat trick. Love him.

dragonssamy61 and Life's Good like this.