What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Train-on squad

Martli

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
Hohaia will be unlikely to get a spot in the halves ever again, because his kicking, passing and vision are all terrible.

Yeah, I seem to recall him being pretty Average in PL when he played there. I only ever saw him play there once though...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
1. Perrett
2. Inu
3. Whatuira/Matai
4. Mannering
5. Tuiaki (or Stanley if unavailable)

not too bad imo. 1 and 2 are interchangeable, and if we can get Webb (and he's still available for NZ despite being an Aussie living in the UK?), all the better.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
Well...... on the injured list :

Soliola
Vatuvai
Ropati
Perret
Sa
Matai (Probable)

Sooooo.... let's imagine that ESL players for some reason wont be available, then we'd have to look at something like :

1. Inu
2. Tuiaki (MAYBE as nobody has given a 100% indication of his availability) / Daniela / Talanoa
3. Whats
4. Mannering ? Stanley ?
5. Daniela / Talanoa ?

Pretty b-grade if you ask me ......

Talanoa - he's playing for tonga (plus aussie born)

Dont think kiwis will pick daniela? dont know if he has caught thier attention.

Tuiaki - wont be picked.

When did perrett get injured up until round 23 he had played every minute of every game this year.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Roberts has to be in the team, yes he can be incosistent but he has a good kicking game something no other kiwi has. Benji and Jeremy Smith have an alrite short kicking game but thats about it. Leulaui please dont go there! i would go for Roberts and Marshall (if Marshall is unavailable Roberts & Chase) Jeremy Smith loses his head too much.

1. Perett
2. Inu
3. Stanley
4. Matai
5. Covell
6. Roberts
7. Marshall
8. Cayless
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Kidwell
12. Pritchard
13. SBW

14. Chase
15. Rapira
16. Blair
17. Mannering

18th Man - Luke

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
doogiehowser_md said:
Roberts has to be in the team, yes he can be incosistent but he has a good kicking game something no other kiwi has. Benji and Jeremy Smith have an alrite short kicking game but thats about it. Leulaui please dont go there! i would go for Roberts and Marshall (if Marshall is unavailable Roberts & Chase) Jeremy Smith loses his head too much.

1. Perett
2. Inu
3. Stanley
4. Matai
5. Covell
6. Roberts
7. Marshall
8. Cayless
9. Fien
10. Asotasi
11. Kidwell
12. Pritchard
13. SBW

14. Chase
15. Rapira
16. Blair
17. Mannering

18th Man - Luke

Well we know u love covell - and he actually has been playing alrite. Mite get his opportunity to become a one test kiwi.
But Fien - he will never be in a black jersey again in his life unless he plays for penrith.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
True didn't realise. By the way he IS Tongan born though.

Yeah pretty sure he is tongan born but raised in aussie. He is a bit of a gun similar to Ah Van in that he has played everywhere on the field.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Actually a good looking squad there doogie. But i gotta agree with mean, dont think Fien will see a Kiwi Jersey again.

So id definately have Luke in the number 9 jersey. I might cop some flak for this but, I'm not really keen on David Kidwell, the only good thing hes done for me was smack the piss outta Willie Mason last year. He gets easily fired up which causes him to lose his way on the paddock, giving away silly penalties etc.

I guess hes in there for a lil experience perhaps, Cayless too. But i think Cayless has been pretty solid for the Eels.

Thierry Henry said:
Roberts, Marshall, Hohaia are all predominantly ball runners. None of them are organisers. Roberts and Marshall in particular rely on footwork, speed, and an assortment of flick and no look passes.

Smith strikes me as a much more solid player and better organiser- well, better than Roberts anyway. But I think Roberts might be favoured because he has a long kick on him.

Haven't really seen enough of Chase so he might be a better option as well, but again he looks primarily like an opportunistic ball runner.

I tend to agree
But its great to see we finally have options for the halves rather than Jones and a makeshift 5/8

Martli

Coach
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
I tend to agree
But its great to see we finally have options for the halves rather than Jones and a makeshift 5/8

Yeah, but all our options are average at best. At least with Jones you knew you'd have at least 1 decent half.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Well Kemble said in the papers last week that he was starting work with the train on squad this week in Sydney.

Maybe we'll hear somethin soon, this week.

Shorty

Staff member
So who's going to be the starting hooker?
Faumu?
He's an awesome player for the Cows with his dummy half runs and I really think he'd fit into the 9 for the Kiwis perfectly.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
He could be Shorty, as long as Halatau is not in the number 9. His darting runs form dummy half are great against a tiring opposition, just dosent look like the complete number 9.

Luke and Chase partnership for me.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Yup, hes from Glenn Innes. Playing for Tonga i think though.

Good player for Souths this year when hes had his chances. Definately stood out in a losing side to the Roosters side last weekend.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Shorty said:
So who's going to be the starting hooker?
Faumu?
He's an awesome player for the Cows with his dummy half runs and I really think he'd fit into the 9 for the Kiwis perfectly.

He will probably be the starting hooker with Luke(or possibly chase) as bench hooker.
Cowboys are looking good as well so he could well be playing right through.

True talanoa - born in auckland, in two other profiles it said he was born in tonga.
Jim Dymock's work probably trying to keep NZ and Australia away from his tongan reps.

D

Deleted member 10972

Soli, Matai, SBW & Fa'alogo out, these are probably going to be the changes.

1. Perrett
2. Inu
3. (Soliola) Mannering
4. (Matai) Whatuira
5. Stanley/Covell
6. Marshall
7. Roberts
8. Asotasi
9. Faiumu
10. Cayless
11. Pritchard
12. (Mannering to centre) T Puletua