What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at our depth for 2018

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
2018 depth:

1. GI- Arthars
2. AJ- Burns
3. Gagai- fuimaono
4. Jennings- ?
5. Graham, Kennar
6. Walker- Doueihi
7. Arey- Tracey, Hawkins
8. Tom Burgess- Johnstone
9. Cook- Farah, Josh Cook
10. Sam Burgess- Rodwell
11. Fuimaono- Britt
12. Crichton- Turner
13. Murray- Clark

14. Farah
15. George Burgess
16. Musgrove
17. Sutton

Talakai, Nicholls also will be in the mix.

3 players miss out on the top 30 squad here who are they? Probably josh cook, Hawkins and ?

Our outside backs are looking light but depth isn't terrible.

Rabbits20

Immortal
2018 depth:

1. GI- Arthars
2. AJ- Burns
3. Gagai- fuimaono
4. Jennings- ?
5. Graham, Kennar
6. Walker- Doueihi
7. Arey- Tracey, Hawkins
8. Tom Burgess- Johnstone
9. Cook- Farah, Josh Cook
10. Sam Burgess- Rodwell
11. Fuimaono- Britt
12. Crichton- Turner
13. Murray- Clark

14. Farah
15. George Burgess
16. Musgrove
17. Sutton

Talakai, Nicholls also will be in the mix.

3 players miss out on the top 30 squad here who are they? Probably josh cook, Hawkins and ?

Our outside backs are looking light but depth isn't terrible.
You forgot Taukamo.....

Far too many rookies we have.....

I am not keen on our depth....

Travitoh

First Grade
My starting 13 chart would currnetly go something like...

1. AJ - Arthars
2. Graham - Burns
3. Hunt - Kennar
4. GI - Taukamo
5. Gagai - Jennings
6. Cody - Dewey
7. AR - Tracey
8. Tom - George
9. Farah/Cook
10. Sam - Musgrove
11. Fuimaono - Talakai
12. Crichton - Sutton
13. Murray - Clark

Plus Turner, Nicholls, Britt and Johnstone rounding out the 30. Hawkins in if Hunt is confirmed as leaving.

We are thin in the backs but at the same time, most if not all of the players there can cover 1-5. Arthars could be a real bolter for a start while Burns, Graham and Jennings i would all expect to progress during the upcoming preseason.

I feel we look good in the forward pack with some solid back ups to cover if required with a good mix of youth and experience.

Potential injuries and suspensions aside, i would expect us to be at least pushing for finals footy.

My starting 13 chart would currnetly go something like...

1. AJ - Arthars
2. Graham - Burns
3. Hunt - Kennar
4. GI - Taukamo
5. Gagai - Jennings
6. Cody - Dewey
7. AR - Tracey
8. Tom - George
9. Farah/Cook
10. Sam - Musgrove
11. Fuimaono - Talakai
12. Crichton - Sutton
13. Murray - Clark

Plus Turner, Nicholls, Britt and Johnstone rounding out the 30. Hawkins in if Hunt is confirmed as leaving.

We are thin in the backs but at the same time, most if not all of the players there can cover 1-5. Arthars could be a real bolter for a start while Burns, Graham and Jennings i would all expect to progress during the upcoming preseason.

I feel we look good in the forward pack with some solid back ups to cover if required with a good mix of youth and experience.

Potential injuries and suspensions aside, i would expect us to be at least pushing for finals footy.

Inglis will be fullback and Gagai will be in the centres.

The only way we go anywhere near the finals is if the Twins and AR find some sort of form and Inglis returns at his best.

I don't see any of that being the case.

With a non performing AR and GI at about 80% we will struggle big time.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I think AJ should start at fullback until or if Inglis ever gets back to full flight. I also think Burns will be better for this year and could take Jennings wing spot.

All the bench players would cover starting players in the event of injury or suspension.

No to 2 hookers in the 17. Whoever is chosen needs to be perservered. No point in swapping ea week and f**king up any cohesion

AJ....Arthars
Graham... Burns
Gagai....Fuimano
Inglis...Hunt
Jennings....Kennar
Walker...Dioulhie
AR....Tracey
Tom....Nicholls
Farah...cook
Musgrove....Britt
Chricton....Turner
Murray...Talakai
Sam Burgess....Clarke

Fuimano
Britt
Sutton
George

burgibigbash

Juniors
AJ Arthers
Gagai Gagan????
Jennings Burns
GI Hunt
Graham Kennar
Walker Hawkins
Reynolds Tracey
Turgess Nichols
Cook Farah
Sam Clark
Fuimaono Britt
Angus Sutton
Murray Rodwell

Talakai Cook
Turner Hiroti
George Ta'avale
Musgrove Johnston

I think we are building nicely

Rabbits20

Immortal
If the threads merge it will have to be be R95 + R20= R115!!!
Hahaha I think he's being stubborn and still has me on ignore just as he does not like negativity or my realistic approach....

I respect everyone no matter how their views are...;

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey Doyen I don't agree with playing Sam on the second row most of the time.

I'd rather us use him as a roaming prop!!!

We are softer up the middle when Sam is not there.

doyen

Bench
Hey Doyen I don't agree with playing Sam on the second row most of the time.

I'd rather us use him as a roaming prop!!!

We are softer up the middle when Sam is not there.

Roaming's no good--whatever good ever came out of being an itinerant---anywhere in life??

Sam needs to be in the engine-room as a traditional enforcer--sticking it to the opposition & setting the example for his bros,Musgrove etc---very much part of the prop rotation!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Roaming's no good--whatever good ever came out of being an itinerant---anywhere in life??

Sam needs to be in the engine-room as a traditional enforcer--sticking it to the opposition & setting the example for his bros,Musgrove etc---very much part of the prop rotation!!
Well there are some on here that want him at second row for good.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
All this talk of Turner on here and it's the same thing that gets said year after year and he's failed to deliver thus far...

Hopefully that short stint back at Norths taught him a few things!

If he doesn't improve he will only be a depth player to us!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's interesting to note that Sam is playing on the edge for England. At least he was in their trial match. It would give us more of a presence on both sides of the field I guess but we're stacked in the second row and not so stacked in the prop rotation.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's interesting to note that Sam is playing on the edge for England. At least he was in their trial match. It would give us more of a presence on both sides of the field I guess but we're stacked in the second row and not so stacked in the prop rotation.
I spoke to my old man on this and he said if Seibold plays Sam in the second row that'd be the first mistake Seibold would make and Sam is just wasted on an edge and wouldn't get involved as much... It would be dumb my Father said. I tend to agree.

Sam is a legend and he needs to be in the middle there doing the tough stuff. He is great in the middle is Sam and we look weak at prop if we move him away from there......

Musgrove at prop over Sam is just stupid. Zane should be off the bench..........

In the second row Sam may only make 25 tackles and 10 or 11 runs for 100m.

At prop he would make 17 runs for 150m regularly and 35 tackles........ plus he hits so hard in defence and can get offloads away plus quick play the balls and take that hit up which changes the momentum......

If Seibold makes the wrong calls I will judge him harshly.......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I spoke to my old man on this and he said if Seibold plays Sam in the second row that'd be the first mistake Seibold would make and Sam is just wasted on an edge and wouldn't get involved as much... It would be dumb my Father said. I tend to agree.

Sam is a legend and he needs to be in the middle there doing the tough stuff. He is great in the middle is Sam and we look weak at prop if we move him away from there......

Musgrove at prop over Sam is just stupid. Zane should be off the bench..........

In the second row Sam may only make 25 tackles and 10 or 11 runs for 100m.

At prop he would make 17 runs for 150m regularly and 35 tackles........ plus he hits so hard in defence and can get offloads away plus quick play the balls and take that hit up which changes the momentum......

If Seibold makes the wrong calls I will judge him harshly.......

I think we have to watch a few games before we judge the decision it could turn out to be a masterstroke as it won't just be Crichton as our only running threat.

It also tells me that Seibold has a lot of faith in our U20's props.