What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
They r having a dig & our middle is more than matching it with opposition teams.

However our spine for '18 is a major concern.We don't have a competent game manager with a quality kicking game.

I'm sick of reiterating it but its a monumental blunder by Cleary to re-sign Brooks.He is the most inept game manager I've ever seen play at the top level.4 yrs of rubbish from this gump. Why does this left footed gump position himself on the left to kick for a field goal !!!

Cleary should seriously be looking around for a bargain half with a kicking game like Mitch Cornish.

Maybe I'm looking at it with Rose colored glasses but I honestly think Reynolds will be great for Brooks and will do all the stuff Brooks isn't good at doing for him.

Remember we also have Tyson Gamble next year who by all reports is a good chance of winning the QRL player of the year. He'll put a lot more pressure on Brooks then Littlejohn has.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It should also be worth noting brooks contract is up at the same time Nathan Cleary's is. You bet your last dollar 18 months from now the rumour mill will be beyond overdrive

Tiger Ted

Bench
It should also be worth noting brooks contract is up at the same time Nathan Cleary's is. You bet your last dollar 18 months from now the rumour mill will be beyond overdrive
We need a solution & hence a contingency before season '18 commences or we r in for another dismal season.Brooks does NOT have the brain capacity to evolve into the competent game manager needed for us to have any chance of qualifying for finals footy in '18 !!! In 4 yrs he has improved not one iota !!!

Clifferd

Coach
We need a solution & hence a contingency before season '18 commences or we r in for another dismal season.Brooks does NOT have the brain capacity to evolve into the competent game manager needed for us to have any chance of qualifying for finals footy in '18 !!! In 4 yrs he has improved not one iota !!!

Brooks was abnormally shit today. I thought our forwards especially in the 2Nd half laid a platform yet was a failure to capitalise

In all honesty I think he was more concerned about getting one up on Moses which showed with his late trip

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Brooks has a good long kicking game plus a really good running game. I'm not sure though if he has the ability to create in the halves.

Brooks options in the 20 were abhorrent. By and large his long kicking game was good. He'll be OK with size and speed options across the whole backlone next year.

Twal was alright. Ran and tackled hard but is poor at getting square at marker and butchered a certain try by carting it and murdering an overlap on the left.

Woods was honestly shithouse. He hit the line with no venom, was always turning at the line and looking for tbe offload. Grant and Ava went harder. Threw the game away with that f**king attempted offload to JLJ. His stats probably look good though.

Teddy was great in the first half but was off the boil when the game was on the line.

Eisenhuth AKA Josh Hazlewood was solid. Should be our starting 13 next year.

On a side note, while Parra might make the eight they are specials to get bundled week 1. They give any of the other top 8 teams that much dropped ball amd they'll put 30 on them.

Well they had a go, so I was happy.
I do see improvement but, that team, won't be next years team will it?

In regards to the comments about Brooks, I guess we have to think back over the past x weeks, many of 'us' were saying that the team were full of reserve graders, so Brooks is still playing behind that reserve grade pack. Next year will see him playing behind some bigger and tougher 'old heads'. Time will tell though. It was Andrew Johns who was talking him up when he came into 1st grade, maybe the club could employ him or his brother as a coach for Brooks.

I liked that IC gave more game time to Eisenhuth and Twal who will be there next year.
I could see either of these or both as playing the wide running back rower, they both have size, break the line and have off loads. But, you'd assume they would be behind, Lawrence, McQueen, Taylor and even Sue in the back row stakes.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like Eisenhuth starting at lock. He gives us some size and a bit of variation in the forwards. He looks like he has already gone ahead of Sue imo.

Twal is also impressive however mucked up big time towards the end of the first half when we had the 4 on 2 and he went back infield. Not his fault as that's the guy's job, but he looks an out and out prop to me.

Tigerm

First Grade
I am thinking the glass is half full, we have been reasonable the last month (mostly without a win), remember some of the players playing yesterday are only new to FG, so the new players coming in should only improve us and hopefully win some of those close games.

With who is staying, who is going and who is coming, I still see a top 8 position as a possibility for next year, which should encourage players we are after to hop on the bus.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well they had a go, so I was happy.
I do see improvement but, that team, won't be next years team will it?

In regards to the comments about Brooks, I guess we have to think back over the past x weeks, many of 'us' were saying that the team were full of reserve graders, so Brooks is still playing behind that reserve grade pack. Next year will see him playing behind some bigger and tougher 'old heads'. Time will tell though. It was Andrew Johns who was talking him up when he came into 1st grade, maybe the club could employ him or his brother as a coach for Brooks.

I liked that IC gave more game time to Eisenhuth and Twal who will be there next year.
I could see either of these or both as playing the wide running back rower, they both have size, break the line and have off loads. But, you'd assume they would be behind, Lawrence, McQueen, Taylor and even Sue in the back row stakes.
A concern re Brooks is that the pack has been more than holding there own against the opposition.The undeniable fact is that over 4 abysmal seasons there is zero improvement with Brooks's ability to manage the team around the park & displaying the nous to take the appropriate option when ball is in his hands.

Cleary had better hope that Gamble plays out of his skin coz we desperately need a quality back-up game manager.Our spine for '18 isn't good enough !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yes I couldn't care less about Moses, losing Brown is the real tragedy.
Brown has been a revelation & continues to improve each season.He was nothing special in our 20's but showed remarkable improvement at Souths who moronically only offered him slightly more than 2nd tier money to stay.He has become a gun forward who is worthy of rep & continually outplays forwards who r on 3-4 times the money he is on.Geez I'd luv to have him locking our scrum.

macnaz

Staff member
Brown has been a revelation & continues to improve each season.He was nothing special in our 20's but showed remarkable improvement at Souths who moronically only offered him slightly more than 2nd tier money to stay.He has become a gun forward who is worthy of rep & continually outplays forwards who r on 3-4 times the money he is on.Geez I'd luv to have him locking our scrum.
Brown always looked the goods and yes even in the 20's but the guy was an out of control nutter , he is slowly losing some of aspect and playing more consistent footy.. credit to Arthur i guess for settling him down .

Latest posts