What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not happy Ivan:

WOODS STILL SKIPPER

Woods is believed to be close to announcing a move to the team the Tigers coincidentally face on Sunday in Canterbury, still retains the captaincy duties under Cleary.

“At this stage, Aaron’s the captain of the club and he’ll remain that,” Cleary said on Saturday.

Asked if Woods would keep the role for the rest of the year, Cleary said: “I would be very surprised if that didn’t happen. I mean, he’s the captain. “I’m sure this is a difficult process for everyone involved, but he’s the captain of the team. And I’m sure he’ll show that tomorrow.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/iv...o/news-story/855c466672e4ab8e51421eb8ea03a9d2

Vozzy

Juniors
If woods keeps playing like he doesn't want to be there hope Ivan shoves him in reserves like hodkinson and mitchell from roosters had to for thinking their job was safe cos the media tells them they are so good. I believe tedasco and moses will still put in but for some reason I reckons woods will play half hardedly

Shredder

Juniors
Ivan was quoted as saying this year isnt over yet.

All these calls for these three to be dropped fail on one aspect - we dont have ANYONE to replace the with. Everyone will be happy to drop Moses and play Rankin? Hes the next most experienced half. I dont even know who we have in lowers playing fullback.

This is round 8. There is still a hell of a lot of football to play. And you know what I want to win the comp this year more than ever - "you left to win a comp - we just won one, now f**k off"

Now that their contracts are sorted - they might actually play well - who knows.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Very hard to say how today will play out. I think its very demoralising for most of the squad to see key players leaving and it has been a huge distraction. I can see the squad becoming quite fractured to be honest. Teddy & Woods have shown a complete lack of faith in the current squad

axl rose

Bench
Get the feeling from the Clearys video interview that the captaincy will just be for this week till Woods announces his move to who cares where.

Anyway Bulldogs are a bog average attacking side, rely alot on shit kicks and intercepts, must be licking thier lips with Moses in our team.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Very hard to say how today will play out. I think its very demoralising for most of the squad to see key players leaving and it has been a huge distraction. I can see the squad becoming quite fractured to be honest. Teddy & Woods have shown a complete lack of faith in the current squad

i agree Mario...it could get ugly today.
Woods came out and said he left because we didnt buy any props to help him over the last few years.....
how would that make Ava,Sue,Grant feel......hes saying im the one doing all the work...

Might start off ok today...but when dogs start scoring on our edges our cue will go in the rackk..
I see Dogs scoring 40 points today.....we might get to 10,but i doubt it..
We will be lucky to win another game this year....with Titans winning we are now 15th

if the dogs are clever they will remember the last time a couple of years ago when we tried to hide grace jones out on the wing in defence. It didn't take long to work out that under the high ball he couldn't catch a cold. He is just a useless defender plain and simple.

As Mr T said in Rocky III "My prediction.........Pain"

Tiger Woody

Juniors
if the dogs are clever they will remember the last time a couple of years ago when we tried to hide grace jones out on the wing in defence. It didn't take long to work out that under the high ball he couldn't catch a cold. He is just a useless defender plain and simple.

As Mr T said in Rocky III "My prediction.........Pain"

probably 80 mins of bombs...if that doesnt work spin it out to our edges to beat us...
the whole world knows that now.
Josh Morris mentioned that in the Tele this morning..NO PAIN,NO GAIN.....
Looks like as i speak Holden Cup in for another thrashing...all 3 of uoir sides at boottom of their comps..Says it all doesnt it.

macnaz

Staff member
Must say tho if all things werent a disruption and the team was playing their best they can beat the dogs.. im not all that impressed with them apart from their pack they can be pretty ordinary

Vozzy

Juniors
This has to be the worst holden cup side in the history of the under 20s.

As for 1st grade it's the battle of the mosess. Which ever moses plays the worst won't win lol.

Clifferd

Coach
Toughest I've seen the tigers play in a while tbh

Think we've made the right call with Brooks

Clifferd

Coach
Yep not a non performer out there today so far . Should be up by 2-3 more tries too imo

However still another 40 to go and it is the Tigers...

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep not a non performer out there today so far . Should be up by 2-3 more tries too imo

However still another 40 to go and it is the Tigers...

I'm still struggling watch the traitors out there as well. The sooner these turds are gone the better.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woods has been poor to be fair. FLopping in a lot of tackles instead of tacking initial impact.

Moses has been quiet, but thats good. It's allowing Brooks to control the side and he's playing great because of it.

Its worth noting, the Bulldogs are the worst first half side in the comp and the second best second half side in the comp.

The Tigers are 7th best in the first half in the comp and the clear worst in the comp in the second half.