What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misanthrope's Significant Others (Season 1, coming soon to MTV)

Alba

Coach
Do you know anyone that lives here that works for a big company? Maybe you can get a sponsor for a work visa?

Misanthrope

Staff member
That'd work too. I'm not exactly qualified for any fields that are in a position to hire me, unless they need content generators for their website or call centre personnel :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I used to answer phones for BigPond and iiNet. My favourite gag was to speak in a thick Aussie accent but then, when asked whereabouts I was based, I'd say Mumbai.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If you signed up for wireless/USB internet in 2010 or Fetch TV with iiNet in 2011, you probably spoke with me!

*probably not in the first case, but there's a 1/14 chance in the second.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I thought about posting it in the 'Ask LU' thread, but this is here so... why not.

----

For the past few weeks I've been agonizing over what to do with my current girl. She moved to China to teach/pursue our relationship back in October and has had a largely miserable time since she got here. Between constant sickness, not really liking Chinese food of culture, and having a job she doesn't enjoy - she's basically been homesick the entire time.

When she announced her plan to come here, I was very up front about my desire to stay at least another year in China. While the winter and having her here did make me doubt that, of late I've realized I don't want to give up my lifestyle here for anything less than amazing.

We have a lot of fun together. She's silly and immature in a way that amuses me greatly. But we also don't see eye to eye on much and when we do fight, it's usually to the point of 'we're broken up' only for one of us to renege after 10-15 minutes of silence. Despite all of that, I care about her a lot.

So, while she's been in Malaysia, I've been worrying about how to have the talk where I basically say: "I'd love to stay with you if you want to stay in China, but I don't want to leave". Especially given the hypocrisy of being happy for her to relocate here for me, when I won't do the same for her.

Although I needed to make a decision re: re-signing by the end of March, I'd decided to wait to talk to her about it until our Thailand trip. No point ruining it, y'know?

She just texted me after her third day of vomiting on this two week trip and said she has decided she'll go home when my contract ends in late March. So... I guess that's the decision made for me.

Despite the fact I've been thinking about doing it myself for quite a while now, it still hurt to hear it. It's the right thing for both of us - she doesn't belong here (she misses home like mad) and I sure as shit don't belong anywhere else right now.

And so, in about two months time, so ends another chapter in Misanthrope's overly dramatic love life.

Rebel

First Grade
Wow Chris, thanks for this. I have done absolutely nothing at work today and have spent all day readin this thread. Top stuff!

As someone who has heard your drunken life ramblings in person (and I have shared one or two of my own with you). I think you should come to Canada after your chinese stint.
Way easier to get a visa than america and its much nicer too (well, except the freezing cold).

Girls here love my accent. If I wasnt attached, I could totally clean up and since im uglier than, you would have no dramas.

Shit loads of Korean restaurants too.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ha! I just realized you probably know more than one of the girls I describe in this thread >_>

Rebel

First Grade
Hahaha I do. And I have most of them on facebook.

Pay up or this thread gets emailed to them ;-)

Rebel

First Grade
Wow Chris, thanks for this. I have done absolutely nothing at work today and have spent all day readin this thread. Top stuff!

As someone who has heard your drunken life ramblings in person (and I have shared one or two of my own with you). I think you should come to Canada after your chinese stint.
Way easier to get a visa than america and its much nicer too (well, except the freezing cold).

Girls here love my accent. If I wasnt attached, I could totally clean up and since im uglier than, you would have no dramas.

Shit loads of Korean restaurants too.
Oh, and FYI, I was fishing. This was your cue to compliment me by saying what a handsome bastard I am.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh, and FYI, I was fishing. This was your cue to compliment me by saying what a handsome bastard I am.

I reckon you're a good sort. Didn't I say as much in the 'merkin' thread? :lol:

I wouldn't care so much if South Africa found out about this thread. She'd deserve it. Never really said anything bad about Kiwi, but that would upset her and I'd hate to do that. She's actually been a really good friend in the last few years.

But yeah, keep your mouth shut >_>

Actually, re-reading this thread from start to finish. Man, I was a little bitch. I mean, sweet f**king Christ. It was obvious I'd never been in a relationship before.

Woe is me! Girls are confusing! This one might be the one!

It was merciful when I stopped talking until mid 2009.

Rebel

First Grade
Haha good times. And I think I only met the South African once, when you guys were both back for your second stints.
She still in Korea? Still Lesbo?

Misanthrope

Staff member
No on both counts. Ditched the lesbian lover after her contract expired. She's now teaching in South Africa and dating a pro wrestler.

Frederick

Staff member
Does this mean you'll now get rid of that ridiculous ravens picture on your Facebook?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Does this mean you'll now get rid of that ridiculous ravens picture on your Facebook?

Nevah!

------------

An update for those curious.

Georgia Peach (not her real name, obv) may be the best f**k-buddy ever. After her not at all subtle segway into sex

Her: You like me right?
Me: Uh huh.
Her: I like you. So let's go back to your place and you can f**k me. I have somewhere to be at 9pm.

It's been fun since that fateful conversation.

She texted me today to tell me she was out of town for this weekend. No biggie.

Pick up a cute girl and see if she's keen to have a threesome. That's on your bucket list, right?

I'll do what I can.

If you don't manage it, I'll see what I can arrange next weekend

----

Meanwhile, also going on dates with a buxon, blonde Polish girl who came home with my drunk ass a few weeks ago. Progress is much slower.

-----

Sitting at home in my underwear tonight marking some tests when a German chick I met a few weeks ago messages and asks if I wanted to go out for a drink. I had to respectfully decline.

----

It's good to be back.

Latest posts