What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Worst 17

beave

Coach
Benji should have taken the $300k.

He'd be flat out getting a pie and a coke the way he is playing at the moment.

Charlie124

First Grade
The Cowboys turn to mud whenever Granville comes off. I'm also pretty sure both games you lost this year happened when roaring Rory started. Decent defender but horrible dummy half service.

lol you idiot. We've lost two games this year, one by 4 points against the Eels who were good, while our WHOLE team was shit, and one by 1 point against the Broncos that we should've won.

Please point our when we've "turned to mud".

TITAN MAN

Juniors
Pick your worst team out of players that regularly play first grade. Captain is who you think is the worst player in the team.
Too bad you can't pick Joel Reddy this year, he was normally a lock for this team.

1. William Zillman
2. Brayden Wiliame
3. Tim Moltzen (regular player might be a stretch here)
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Nathan Ross
6. Daniel Mortimer (c)
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
9. Rory Kostjaysyn
10. Luke Burgess
11. Matt Prior
12. Will Matthews
13. Jack Buchanan

14. Tyler Randell
15. Josh Starling
16. Tim Browne
17. David Gower

Co-Coaches: Ricky Stuart & Nathan Brown

I reckon the 1999 Western Suburbs Magpies might even beat this team. Definitely would not win a game if this roster played this season.

Will Matthews and Matt Prior? Bahahahahahahaha - they have probably been the standouts for their respective sides lol, and kostjasysan u must be on the good gear.

beave

Coach
lol you idiot. We've lost two games this year, one by 4 points against the Eels who were good, while our WHOLE team was shit, and one by 1 point against the Broncos that we should've won.

Please point our when we've "turned to mud".

I'd say tonight.

We should have won by 60...........

thommo4pm

Coach
These threads are stupid.
All of these guys mentioned have got more talent than us on here.
How many of us even got close to making junior rep sides then first grade.

no name

Coach
As Diego said fullback is hard to pick, I confess I picked him because I don't remember him as much as the others, I just couldn't bare to see diamond in the worst grand final winning team.

Ross and Phillips > Patten

Before them would be Barwick from Panthers in 91

Big Pete

Referee
Who played fullback for Broncos in the 06 GF win?

Yeah...may want to try again. :lol:

Hodgo was a key element of the Broncos success that season and did a great job creating a roll on for the squad.

The only candidates for that team would be Stagg, Perry, Carlaw and McGuire.

Perry as a second-string halfback is a gimme. Seymour was the Broncos most talented halfback, but poor form on and off the field cost him. Perry wasn't a star by any means, but he shored up the left edge defensively and his long distance kicking game was surprisingly effective finding the in-goal and staying there more often than not. To his credit as well, Shane had his best game for the Broncos in the Grand Final.

Stagg did a job for his team and allowed Bennett to run with Berro at hooker. He was solid but in a litany of great players he's probably worth a shout.

Both Dane and Casey were solid contributors off the bench but weren't anything special by 2006. To McGuire's credit, he did throw the hail mary which set up the Tate try in the corner. Whether you put it down to his pass or the support play is another matter entirely.

Rudder has a mortgage on the six, but if we're basing it on actual performances than it's difficult to look past Anasta. Braith played injured in the 2004 grand final and it clearly showed. He had a shocker and had to come off the field mid-way through the game. Thinking back on it, JT doesn't get the credit he deserves. He looked far better than Braith out there and came up with some great plays at the death. A lot of people consider him the token passenger, but for a bench utility he contributed more than most.

Tommy Smith

Referee
What about a worst team of premiership winning players? Only from the nrl era

1. Phillips
2. C. Smith
3. Linett
4. Hegarty
5. Fitzhenry
6. Rudder
7. Perry
8. Tyrell
9. Perry
10. Howe
11. Marquet
12. O'neill
13. Lowrie

14. D. Williams (storm)
15. Mauro
16. Hughes
17. Saffy

Some of these guys aren't that bad, like luke Phillips for example, but most other premiership fullbacks are stars. Only starting players in their grand final positions in the starting 13 and bench players for the bench obviously.
Luke Phillips? End yourself.

Frankly I don't care for your reasoning behind his inclusion. Including him (not to mention a few others on that team) on a "worst team" list is ridiculous.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Luke Phillips? End yourself.

Frankly I don't care for your reasoning behind his inclusion. Including him (not to mention a few others on that team) on a "worst team" list is ridiculous.

Premiership winning fullbacks of the nrl era

Darren Lockyer- future immortal candidate
Robbie Ross- nsw and Australian rep
Robbie O'davis- qld and australian rep
Rhys Whesser- qld rep, top tryscorer
Brett Hodgson- nsw rep
Justin Hodges qld and australian rep
Billy Slater- future immortal candidate
Brett stewart- nsw and australian rep
Darius Boyd- qld and australian rep
Anthony minichiello- nsw and australian rep
Greg Inglis- future immortal candidate

That leaves 3 premiership fullbacks who haven't played rep footy
Lachlan coote was a key player in 2015 and still has a huge future ahead of him
Luke patten- great clubmen
Luke Phillips- great clubmen, tough player to overcome his injury problems, should of been clive churchill medallist in 2000.
It was a tough choice picking any of those fullbacks because they were all good players

Latest posts