What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parkes Trial *live updates*

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Thanks for the updates WC and to whomever updated you :D :clap:

It sounds like a few of our hopefuls for 1st grade have done themselves some favors, good stuff

parra pete

Referee
Jake the snake said:
You can only play what's infront of you Pete. INu has been a star in the lower grades for a few years now. Your contacts at Parra can verify this.

I totally agree with you and - don't get me wrong - I wasn't trying to denigrate Inu.
I have been impressed with him also....he's a star in the making that's for sure..
I trust your judgement (in most instances ;-) ;-) nudge nudge, know what I mean)..

Thanks for whoever texted the scores through and for those who posted them here on the forum. Terrific committment and service. Well done:clap:

Isn't it funny. It is probably just a Premier League trial but the fanatics travelled up to Parkes and provide support to the players. Passionate support too.

You people love your Eels, that's for sure... PROUD OF YA!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Wow, good win.

Also, I have survived the Off-season, FOOTY IS BACK ON AND IT FEELS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

parra pete said:
I totally agree with you and - don't get me wrong - I wasn't trying to denigrate Inu.
I have been impressed with him also....he's a star in the making that's for sure..
I trust your judgement (in most instances ;-) ;-) nudge nudge, know what I mean)..

Thanks for whoever texted the scores through and for those who posted them here on the forum. Terrific committment and service. Well done:clap:

Isn't it funny. It is probably just a Premier League trial but the fanatics travelled up to Parkes and provide support to the players. Passionate support too.

You people love your Eels, that's for sure... PROUD OF YA!

Yeah I know who you are refering to :lol: Let's save that one for another day.Pete, Do you think INU should be started infront of B Smith? If you were the coach....

sounds like great news...well done boys and thanks WC, hellsy and co. for the updates...looking foward to the player updates and game break downs over the next few days as well as next weekends game.

Boy im glad footy is back.

Phillips

Referee
just got back

f**kin loved the fight, Fa'aoso!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smashed this sharks player with a flurry of punches although that big #22 for the sharks, Taulapapa i think it was took him down in one hit... he is a massive merkin..

Inu played great, as did Lett very impressed with these two should see alot of game time this yr

Tautai also played very good

Huaraki also stood out

BIG CANNINGS OOOH YEAH made a great break and had a good game

back to Fa'aoso... he played very very good aswell, should be in the first grade 17

i was impressed with our defence, we put on some massive hits

Perenara played well for the sharks i might add

Inferno

Coach
Phillips said:
just got back

f**kin loved the fight, Fa'aoso!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smashed this sharks player with a flurry of punches although that big #22 for the sharks, Taulapapa i think it was took him down in one hit... he is a massive merkin..

Inu played great, as did Lett very impressed with these two should see alot of game time this yr

Huaraki also stood out

back to Fa'aoso... he played very very good aswell, should be in the first grade 17

That would have been Star Timani, there was a little story on him the other day on channel 10. only 20, 201cm and 115 Kg, and will definitely get bigger. This is him

Timani%2cS%207011602_359347_p.jpg

Phillips said:
just got back

Huaraki also stood out

How did Feleti go mate?

Phillips

Referee
Jake the snake said:
How did Feleti go mate?

Feleti played good, i was impressed with him too

really all of them played very good, Taia is another one i should mention scored a good try

Phillips

Referee
Inferno said:
That would have been Star Timani, there was a little story on him the other day on channel 10. only 20, 201cm and 115 Kg, and will definitely get bigger. This is him

Timani%2cS%207011602_359347_p.jpg

he is deadset massive alright :crazy:

no one should throw a punch at this guy!

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Eels-win-trial-match-against-Sharks/2007/02/17/1171405502846.html

Eels win trial match against Sharks

Michael Hagan's reign as Parramatta coach has got off to the best possible start with an understrength Eels outfit beating Cronulla 36-14 in Saturday's NRL trial in Parkes.

The Eels scored seven tries to the Sharks' three in what was the first hitout for both sides ahead of the season proper, which kicks off in just under four weeks.

Hagan chose to rest most of his first-choice squad for the match but the Eels still had too much class for the Sharks, with young Parramatta halves Blake Green and Feleti Mateo particularly impressive.

Despite their performance they are still likely to find themselves in Premier League for round one of the NRL with Hagan insisting he was set to go with Tim Smith and new buy Brett Finch in the halves for the trip to New Zealand when the Eels meet the Warriors in the season opener.

Stand-in skipper Mark Riddell also showed he was ready for a big season with a try and two goals in a typically robust performance, while former Sydney Rooster Richard Fa'aoso did his claims for a place in the Eels pack no end of good with a powerful debut.

"It probably doesn't mean too much but it's good to get the season off to a winning start," said Hagan, who would have been just as relieved to see his side get through the game without any injury concerns.

While the scoreline wouldn't have left on smile on new Sharks coach Ricky Stuart's face, he would have been happy to have seen Ben Ross get through the game unscathed.

The former Queensland Origin front rower was playing his first game in almost 10 months following a knee reconstruction.

Halfback Brett Kearney, former Manly three-quarter Paul Stephenson and young centre Dane Neilsen scored tries for the Sharks, while former Brisbane centre Fraser Anderson showed he was ready for a lengthy stint in the top grade with a solid display.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's just the trials seems the same every year that all teams have poor goalkicking success rates in the trials as they get more in game practice it'll get better.

Might even seen Timmy get some shots this year if Burt doesn't play or Riddell is off the ground.

jk13

First Grade
burt should only be there for injuries this year, nothing more, nothing less.