What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

soc123_au

Staff member
So much sexual tension in this thread. I think they should bump uglies and get it over with.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they tried but when they both got naked they couldn't stop laughing at one another

Das Gupta

Juniors
Ol red eyes will back from holidays soon no doubt with an exclusive column of how he rated the cricket commentary. Followed up with a crappy 2 part special on his 50 best NRL players for the upcoming season.
Same crap every year.

Ol red eyes will back from holidays soon no doubt with an exclusive column of how he rated the cricket commentary. Followed up with a crappy 2 part special on his 50 best NRL players for the upcoming season.
Same crap every year.
At least there is zero chance of him mentioning the decibels at A-League games with crowds in free fall.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...7/news-story/2d3093f9dec3c02cc0e8a86816483e78

GOING GLOBAL
Buzz: Other sports are taking games into other countries. Are we ever going to take a proper NRL club game overseas?

Todd: We’re already talking to interested parties. That’s club and destinations. We had an approach from Singapore last year.

We’ve also had approaches from the United States and the UK. The two big issues are player turnaround times with all the travel and getting time zones right for the broadcasters.

We’re very open to it in 2018 when we will have full control of the draw. There’s eventually going to be a World Cup in North America.

Buzz: That would be fantastic on the west coast. You could kick-off on a Saturday night with the TV coverage coming into Australia on the Sunday afternoon.

Todd: It could happen next year.

FRIDAY 6PM
Buzz: My initial thoughts are that this timeslot is going to be a disaster for crowds and TV ratings. Who’s home from work by 6 on Friday night?

Todd: We are working with clubs now to really differentiate the experience. Clearly there are some challenges, especially with Friday night traffic around Sydney.

In the past we’ve been rightfully criticised for late Friday night kick-offs and games that finished too late for kids. Also late kick-offs for Origin. We’ve now got a new timeslot every week and let’s look at the positives.

We’ll work closely with clubs to engage their communities, families and kids, to get to the footy early.

Look at the Big Bash. I know it’s different in the summer school holidays, but their early starts are very popular with young families.
SAVING THE BUSH
Buzz: This is all fantastic Todd but what are you going to do about bush footy? Clubs are dying.

Todd: We have big plans. This is the last year of City-Country. From 2018, you can expect to see more Telstra premiership matches in country towns.

Young footballers in the bush have aspirations to make it to the NRL. This is the best way to promote those aspirations by seeing our heroes in the flesh.

We’re very conscious about it.
Buzz: How many games?

Todd: We’re talking to the clubs now. I’d like to play at least five in country areas. I think it will have a much bigger material impact in the bush than one City v Country game.

Under the recent funding agreement with the clubs, there will be more money applied to the bush than ever before
THE MONEY
Buzz: Explain where all the TV money goes? Players? Clubs, junior development, promotion, digital, NRL administration?

Todd: That’s an important question and I should reiterate that the NRL is a not-for-profit business so we distribute all our funds to our key stakeholders. In a typical year we will have approximately $350 million in revenue from broadcast and non-broadcast.

We obviously have to account for fixed costs to run our football operations and competitions, team travel, servicing our sponsorship programs, marketing & promoting the game and establishing our new digital plan; say $90 million.

The majority of funds are distributed to the clubs and states through annual grants; $190 million.

A further $50 million goes to game development and grassroots as well as our community and welfare programs.

That leaves about $20 million on the league’s administration. And while I have substantially cut back my management team, we need to keep investing into areas like integrity which play such a crucial part in our game.

AFL THREAT
Buzz: GWS are on the rise in Sydney’s west. The Swans are strong. We’ve had a slide in junior participation numbers. What’s happening here?

Todd: Participation numbers are pretty stable Australia-wide but we want to do better. It will be a focus of work between the NRL and the states in 2017.

What I do know is that interest in rugby league has never been higher.

Our ratings, crowds and memberships all went up last year — and the product is better than ever.

So we have the opportunity to build participation and we are going to work hard to get more people playing the game and that includes the bush.

TITANS/KNIGHTS
Buzz: When are you going to sell these clubs?

Todd: That’s another target for 2017. The new funding deal for clubs will make them more viable than ever and I expect that to create more interest in buying the Knights and Titans.

But I stress we are not going to sell the clubs for the sake of it. If there is no strong offer on the table we simply won’t sell.

The fans of those clubs deserve strong management from people determined to make the Knights and Titans successful. And that is what we will be looking for in any sale process.

taipan

Referee
Buzz giving his instructions LOL.
Seriously you couldn't make Buzz's comments up.They are either so bleeding obvious, so bleeding naive or so bleeding the ravings of a gimp who can't handle the grog.

Senior editor to Buzz.Good to see you're back from holidays Buzz.Did you have a good time.Notice your face is more flushed than I have seen it."
Buzz; "Thanks Wally, went to Bali,don't remember much, the food was sh*thouse,the p*ss flowed"
Wally" Buzz did you do any scoop work whilst away?'
Buzz." Yep tried to ring old bee sting Gus,wouldn't return my calls".Looked for NRL players who may be scratching their balls in public or eyeing young ladies out of season."
Wally" Anything else to report Buzz?"
Buzz."Yes Wally ,purchased a new decibel counter at duty free, plan to use it at Wanderer's games at the new Parra stadium".
Wally. " Good to have you back Buzz,Northies missed you."
Buzz."I'll bet Grant and Co didn't ."

no name

Coach
Why aren't there more games overseas?
Why aren't there more games in the bush?

His next question will be
Why are teams getting less games at their home grounds? Free kick to the AFL.

Also, does he realise that NZ is overseas?
'Proper' NRL games are played there every other week.

Why aren't there more games overseas?
Why aren't there more games in the bush?

His next question will be
Why are teams getting less games at their home grounds? Free kick to the AFL.

Also, does he realise that NZ is overseas?
'Proper' NRL games are played there every other week.
Perhaps buzz can tell us how many aFL games will be played overseas this year, 1 i think.
Does he realise that Europe has a 12 team full time comp with players from all over the world?
Does he realise that apart from Catalans in the European Super League there is a team from France in the British Championship and a team from Canada as well?
How many professional and semi professional fumbleball clubs are there outside of Australia, buzz?