What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

super_coach

First Grade
You know Moses is not unlike a young Braith. Talked up by everyone but very seldom delivers but still attracts marquee money. Also I would imagine both are not respected by their peers

BuffaloRules

Coach
Absolutely hated Anasta and my opinion is that he didnt put in on the field during his time at WT....

However, I have heard other whinges about the traning facilities at Concord.. and if what he is saying is true than its pretty ridiculous for an elite sports team....

Vozzy

Juniors
Braith what a wanker fest article. I forget the bloke exists until I see the merkin on my telly. His stint at the tigers is arguably the worst in the history of league. I can't remember him having a good game. Just goes to show how far back the bad culture goes. A guy blaming the club for having shit game after shit game.

I remember a game against manly where noufaluma scored that awesome try Braith single handedly lost us that game.

Tigerm

First Grade
However, I have heard other whinges about the traning facilities at Concord.. and if what he is saying is true than its pretty ridiculous for an elite sports team....

I understand that the facilities are poor to very poor, but that it is being looked at as a matter of urgency, not sure where I read this?

BuffaloRules

Coach
I understand that the facilities are poor to very poor, but that it is being looked at as a matter of urgency, not sure where I read this?

From the link....

I didn’t step foot in the joint (before signing) which is another major regret for me, didn’t even step into the facilities to see what they were like.

“I’m thinking they’ve got the same facilities, I’m thinking ‘it’s a first grade rugby league team, I’m not even questioning that’.

“It’s not a shocking gym, but it’s not like … I just remember thinking ‘wow, this is so far behind the times’. Little things like availability to Gatorade and water.

“You’d only have a certain amount of Gatorade. You’re talking about a team that trains three to four hours a day that has limits to their recovery.

“A few times they didn’t pay the bill for strapping tape. Which is just a necessity. Guys scavenging for tape to try and tape themselves up before a training session.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah our training facilities are dog shit. So do we renovate it as a stop gap solution or do we bite the bullet until we can redevelop into a first class facility for long term success? We are not the only club that has had to go through this. The ball is rolling and once Ivan has filled all the seats on the bus the next priority will be the gym

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I hope you are all aware that the Tigers submitted a blueprint to the state government (led by Gladys Berejiklian) to transform Concord Oval into a $57m centre of excellence. The new site would have a shopping centre, a Tigers museum and owuld be our main training base. So these outdated facilities will soon be a thing of the past. What an exciting time to be a Tigers fan!

Poor Braithwaite just doesn't get it,regardless of the WT gym condition the WT soon realised that BA was so sh#t that they wouldn't feed him let alone supply him water and Gatorade.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Poor Braithwaite just doesn't get it,regardless of the WT gym condition the WT soon realised that BA was so sh#t that they wouldn't feed him let alone supply him water and Gatorade.
What a total f**kwit juvenile who should never have left the soft cock superficial self entitled wankas @ bondi junction

Clifferd

Coach
I hope you are all aware that the Tigers submitted a blueprint to the state government (led by Gladys Berejiklian) to transform Concord Oval into a $57m centre of excellence. The new site would have a shopping centre, a Tigers museum and owuld be our main training base. So these outdated facilities will soon be a thing of the past. What an exciting time to be a Tigers fan!

Can't wait to laugh at all the soft cocks who thought we were run by amateurs in the next 2-3 years when we'll actually have 5 star facilities & a bit of success

Pascoe & Cleary for PM

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Running through coaches, star players leaving, six straight defeats — Tigers out of people to blame
PAUL CRAWLEY, The Daily Telegraph
June 22, 2017 8:44am
WESTS Tigers have run out of people to blame.

They’ve gone through Tim Sheens, Mick Potter, Robbie Farah and Jason Taylor in recent years. This season they sacked Taylor after just three rounds to bring in Ivan Cleary.

At the time chief executive Justin Pascoe told us Cleary was the man to take the club forward. The Tigers are still going backwards.

They now sit last on the NRL ladder, right below the Newcastle Knights.

863e2be720af4ae0028ae62d8ab22259

Wests Tigers’ journey to the bottom of the ladder has been years in the making.
At the start of 2015 club chair Marina Go was the face of a strategic plan that pledged this team would develop into a top-four outfit by 2017. But if the Tigers don’t beat Gold Coast on Thursday night, they will be taking on the Knights in what will be essentially the battle for the wooden spoon next week.

The question fans should be asking is if anyone in power will ever accept responsibility for the mess this club is in.

When Taylor got the bullet Pascoe and the board basically made him the sole scapegoat.

“It is really important to understand as an organisation we’re here to make some tough decisions,” Pascoe said at the time.

“We are not going to sit here and allow this organisation to drift again and miss out on the finals. It has been since 2011 now.”

8f646a34a8b05f98cb20b6d7eff95eba

James Tedesco must be counting the days til he leaves Leichhardt. (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts)
Yet they won’t be playing finals footy this year. Last weekend’s loss to Cronulla was the Tigers’ sixth straight defeat.

You have to go all the way back to round eight against the Bulldogs to find the Tigers’ last win.

A season that started with so much anticipation after their round one win over South Sydney has rapidly descended into another terrible disappointment.

Just as concerning for fans should be the fact the under-20s were hammered 84-6 by Cronulla last weekend. That was the highest ever Holden Cup score and equalled the biggest ever loss.

The Tigers under-20s won the comp in 2012. They currently sit second last on the ladder with the worst for and against in that competition.

6db1c138ca1b24efeae7a06e185e7744

Robbie Farah’s exit was just another example of the club’s problems. Picture: Craig Wilson
On paper, you look at the Tigers NRL squad and compare it to what Nathan Brown has at his disposal and they are not even in the same ballpark.

The Knights would kill to have stars the calibre of Aaron Woods and James Tedesco for starters on their books.

Yes, the club has made some signings for 2018 with Russell Packer, Ben Matulino, Josh Reynolds and Taane Milne along with the recent acquisition of Tui Lolohea.

But let’s also remember they haven’t got any of them on the cheap.

Reynolds labelled the deal that forced him out of the Bulldogs “life-changing”.

And with Woods and Tedesco going, along with the recent departure of Mitchell Moses, it is hard to see how there will be any great improvements in the near future.

This will be the sixth straight year the Tigers have not made the finals. The Tigers only finished one win outside the top eight last year under Taylor.

Now they’re last.

Fans must have forgotten what it feels like to win. Last weekend the Sharks were without five Origin players to the Tigers’ two.

Yet the Tigers still found a way to surrender an eight-point lead heading into the final minutes. Yes, there was spirit and commitment for the most part but in the end the same sorry result.

826b4efb7add3f12d7b5af28c58b8749

The club board must under scrutiny as the season has gone into free fall. Photo: Gregg Porteous
I’m still not convinced Cleary is as clever as he makes out. He’s a good football coach according to players who have worked under him. But he comes across as condescending, if not arrogant, when people outside dare question what is going wrong.

It is not the attitude you’d think was needed to sell a club sitting last on the ladder.

You listen to Brown explain Newcastle’s predicament and he is always respectful and forthcoming with information that at least helps fans understand the club’s situation.

Maybe Cleary knows better, time will tell.

Not that anyone could point the finger solely at the new coach or even the players for the position the club is in right now.

This journey to the bottom of the ladder has been years in the making. Everyone involved should take some of the credit.

What an absolutely rubbish article, if it had been written a few months ago when Taylor was still here I could let it slide, but with everything that has been happening at the club the last few months this article makes absolutely no sense, Ivan has obviously put Crawley in his place at some point and he has a chip on his shoulder.

Tiger05

First Grade
What a merkin. I'm not just talking about the Turd either. I'm also talking about the merkin that wrote that article.

super_coach

First Grade
Pascoe should put a 100% media ban on the Telecrap. This is nothing new, they have been on our case for years. Even back in the Sheens era they were after us.

Its funny I have never ever heard anyone come out and bag Cleary, yet this two bob journo said he is arrogant and over rated!!!!.

Anyway I know the club has a obligation to its partners to get as much media publicity as possible, but with this organisation we need to give them a 100% blackout

super_coach

First Grade
What gets me is a lot they say is true or roughly true, but they have written countless articles all on the same stuff. They just keep rehashing the same material week after week. If it was breaking newsier something that had happen and had not been reported, sure go for it, but to rehash the same rubbish is rather tiresome.

With other teams it is one article, than they move on, with us its the same stuff week after week day after day