What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 16 other games

Noise

Coach
Hayne is a fullback. He can play other positions but if you want him at his best he needs to be fullback

Noise

Coach
The problem is Tedesco is also a fullback and can't play other positions.

I get that. I'm just saying Hayne won't be able to deliver his 2014 efforts from centre. I'm a Tedesco fan but I don't think he has what Jarryd can bring at fullback in origin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get that. I'm just saying Hayne won't be able to deliver his 2014 efforts from centre. I'm a Tedesco fan but I don't think he has what Jarryd can bring at fullback in origin.
I don't think so either, but Tedesco plays a more standard fullback role (including heaps more support play than Hayne), which is much easier to integrate into a rep team that only gets a handful of ballwork sessions.

Noise

Coach
I don't think so either, but Tedesco plays a more standard fullback role (including heaps more support play than Hayne), which is much easier to integrate into a rep team that only gets a handful of ballwork sessions.

I don't know. NSW's win record at origin when Hayne's played fullback is pretty good. They have obviously figured it out in the past

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't know. NSW's win record at origin when Hayne's played fullback is pretty good. They have obviously figured it out in the past
50% but I don't think six games is a big enough sample.

I reckon Tedesco is about as good as Hayne at fullback, and you need them both in the team when available. That means Tedesco at fullback and Hayne elsewhere (I would put him at wing rather than centre). But with Tedesco out who else could play fullback ahead of Hayne? Nobody.

Dugan wasn't too bad at fullback after Tedesco left the field, and I understand the desire to bring Bird on at his familiar club position of right centre. But Hayne's defence at left centre let us down on Wednesday. We probably would've won if he'd moved to the back. I dunno. He had the dropsies as well, didn't he? Just one of those games. Unfortunate timing.

Incorrect

Coach
50% but I don't think six games is a big enough sample.

I reckon Tedesco is about as good as Hayne at fullback, and you need them both in the team when available. That means Tedesco at fullback and Hayne elsewhere (I would put him at wing rather than centre). But with Tedesco out who else could play fullback ahead of Hayne? Nobody.

Dugan wasn't too bad at fullback after Tedesco left the field, and I understand the desire to bring Bird on at his familiar club position of right centre. But Hayne's defence at left centre let us down on Wednesday. We probably would've won if he'd moved to the back. I dunno. He had the dropsies as well, didn't he? Just one of those games. Unfortunate timing.
I'm no Dungan fan but he was unreal when Teddy was off the other night, and has been absolute trash as a centre. I would pick him as fullback if Tedesco was injured but anywhere else it's a no from me when it comes to rep footy.

Hayne on the other hand... Geez he's a big unit these days. He's looking about as close to your Brad Fittler stature half as I've seen since the latter retired...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Theres a school of thought that Haynes sudden drop in form on Wednesday night coincided with him being overlooked for Dugan when Teddy got injured. Given Teddys injury it would have been a coach discussion at half time.
Just a coincidence Hayne put on a sulky display after oranges?

Theres a school of thought that Haynes sudden drop in form on Wednesday night coincided with him being overlooked for Dugan when Teddy got injured. Given Teddys injury it would have been a coach discussion at half time.
Just a coincidence Hayne put on a sulky display after oranges?

i think you are drawing a long bow there he looked genuinely filthy with himself when he threw that stupid pass over the sideline

i'd put it down to trying too hard with a dash of grandstanding thrown in

Dibs

Bench
Tigers look like they WANT to win but are just too un-co...

Titans look they don't give a f**k and are un-co too...

Reminds me of the match we won back circa 08 v Cowboys on a Friday night, was the delayed match on channel 9. We sucked, they sucked and we got up something like 14-6 or so. Brett Finch admitted in the presser that even he was bored playing that game....
F*ck that was about the worse game I've watched, there was one vs the tigers the same year I think which was on a par