What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Broncos

getsmarty

Immortal
NYC Team: Round 24 v Brisbane Broncos
Tue 15th August, 04:00PM
A A

1502769686599.jpg;pvc7f19bd92931bfe4

St George Illawarra Dragons Under-20s coach Wayne Collins has named his mandatory 23-man squad for the team's Round 24 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, August 18.

The Under-20s will kick-off at 5:10pm with the NRL fixture scheduled for 8pm.

The Dragons remain third on the NYC competition ladder following their thumping win over the Titans last weekend.

NYC Squad for Round 24 v Brisbane Broncos

1. Zac Lomax
2. Dane Francis
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Matheson Johns
5. Jason Gillard
6. Tristan Sailor
7. Jackson Willis
8. Stuart Mason (c)
9. Hayden Lomax
10. Josh Dowel
11. Jackson Ford
12. Jayden Morgan
13. Joe Lovodua
Interchange:
14. TJ Uele
15. Brayden Gallagher
16. Dylan Morris
17. Trent Peoples
18. Max Bailey
19. Steven Marsters
20. Matt Shepherd
21. Tom Angel
22. Jack Cross
23. Juvilee Samiu

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/08/15/nyc_team_round_24_v_.af_news.html

possm

Coach
Unless something has changed dramatically this is spot on, this is a turning point game, a type of game we had to win but we have repeatedly lost in recent years indeed not even turn up often. Hope not though.
The Dragons need to move up in defence quickly for 80min. For some reason they do it for about 30min and then must tire because thay just stand and wait for them; even when defending on our line.

getsmarty

Immortal
ISP Team: Round 24 v Blacktown Sea Eagles
Tue 15th August, 04:00PM
A A

1502773504548.jpg;pv0ded49c0afce5113

Illawarra coach Mat Head has named his team to play in Round 24 of the Intrust Super Premiership against the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

The game is set to commence at 3pm on Saturday, August 19 at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

Illawarra sit at seventh on the Intrust Super Premiership ladder after defeating the North Sydney Bears last weekend.

ISP Team for Round 24 v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles

1. Jai Field
2. Kalifa Faifai Loa
3. Izaac Thompson
4. Patrick Herbert
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Adam Clune
7. Drew Hutchison
8. Rhys Kennedy
9. Jake Marketo
10. Jacob Hind
11. Jacob Host
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Will Matthews
Interchange:
14. Jack Payne
15. Jesse Dee
16. Josh Kerr
19. Sam Clune

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/08/15/isp_team_round_24_v_.af_news.html

ALSGI

Bench
Cometh the hour, cometh the Mann.
Still not convinced Dugan will play. Would that mean Milne to start & McCrone on the bench?? Surely not.
Yep, Duges is a big question mark, hope he plays against the Donkeys but if he doesn't Aitken (if fit) could leapfrog Milne.
I'd like to see Luciano on the bench instead of Milne. 4 forwards on the bench for this match would work imo.
If both Duges and Aitken both are fit what hapens then?

Anyway, Good news is McCrone's gone.

Life's Good

Coach
Yep, Duges is a big question mark, hope he plays against the Donkeys but if he doesn't Aitken (if fit) could leapfrog Milne.
I'd like to see Luciano on the bench instead of Milne. 4 forwards on the bench for this match would work imo.

Agreed on Luc getting a run & making it 4 forwards on the bench(although light on experience except for Sims).
If Aitken is fit he should be there instead of Milne if Mary insists on a back on the bench.

possm

Coach
If MacDonald comes off his wing one more time to allow his opposing winger to stroll over untouched I'll cry.
Yea, it has happened so many times this year one would think it is an instruction from Mary. I'd rather see him mark his winger, Dugan mark is cetre and Mann mark his opposite five-eighth.

I also think we should try Frzell at 13 and De Belin at right edge second row. Will make absolutely no difference to the game Frizell plays in attack but will make a differencd to our right edge defence.

possm

Coach
Agreed on Luc getting a run & making it 4 forwards on the bench(although light on experience except for Sims).
If Aitken is fit he should be there instead of Milne if Mary insists on a back on the bench.
I also agree that we should have 4 forwards on the bench and one should be Leiua. If a back goes off injured, simly move Thomson to left centre, Lafai to the vacant position and Leilua to second row in place of Thompson.

denis preston

First Grade
How many time did many on here call for Dufty at 1, Mann at 7 and Dugan to centre only to be blasted with words of;

Dufty is not read, or Dufty to light for first grade, or Dufty cannot defend.
Mann is not a half, Mann cannot kick, Mann cannot organize or run direct.

Well if Mary and his friends/advisers had listen the experts on this forum, we might be still leading the competition.

I mean, how many games were lost because McCronee had a bad day, Dugan did not chime in or pass the ball and oour right edge leaked points?

It's frustrating isn't it ? Thats why I have no faith in the three stooges. We have built a platform on young juniors and they didn't get a chance until the past month. The continual McCrone selections were inexcusable , particularly after single handily losing us the game against the Sharks. They are obviously indicating Luilea is close so why not play him ? A roster system of Sele, Host , Lawrie , Luilea & Kerr would be a positive move and it won't lose you any games . Sure I can understand the importance of making the 8 but really we are Buckleys chance of winning it but we should plan for 2018.

HenryTatana

Juniors
I believe this a game where Matthews should be on the bench. Haven't watched much of him this year but was impressed last week. For this game he offers more (experience, defence and a offload) than Sele and Lawrie.

ALSGI

Bench
Just had a peek at the enemy forum. What a bunch of wankers. Didn't think I could hate the merkins more but here I am, again. They're mostly thinking a flogging, banking this one.

Mcguire's back from injury at 13, Hunt's at 9, Milf and Kodi in the halves, FMD they look strong on paper. Roberts, Boyd, Oates, Kahu.....There's going to be plenty of fire in this one especially with their starting props Sims and Blair. Thaiday's a filthy f**king turd (although I think he's actually a smart and decent guy).

FMD. Lang Park.
FMD. Bennett v McGee-up.

Channel 9, XXXX, Bundaberg Rum and NRMA as sponsors to name just a few. NRMA should be ashamed and we should all withdraw our insurance immediately, or make bogus claims.

Honestly, can't see us winning by more than 20 or so.
Dragons got this.

MilanDragon

Juniors
If Aitken is okay, might see him come onto the bench for when Dugan gets injured. Aitken is probably also big enough to do 13 or backrower work for a short period of time if required.

The comment if we have 4 on the bench and injury to the backline then moving Thompson to centre is very reasonable. In saying that, Thompson has been so good this year on the edge I really wouldn't want to see him moved from there.

Smack

Coach
Honestly I believe they will rise for the occasion, this is a massive game

We need to tighten our flanks, use our strength on the goal line and make them go around us

Overseas dragon

Juniors
IF the boys are serious this game is their grand final a month early .if they keep that mindset for every game they will march into the semis thinking they're playing penrith again .and beware all the other teams if we get our PENRITH form again.

PuffGasnier

Juniors
IF the boys are serious this game is their grand final a month early .if they keep that mindset for every game they will march into the semis thinking they're playing penrith again .and beware all the other teams if we get our PENRITH form again.

I think the team is okay to lose this one - not that I want them to - but we have three games left and really only need to wins from them, one of which MUST be the Panthers next weekend. For us to make the finals in 7th or 8th position, we have to also rely on one of the Raiders or Manly knocking the Panthers off in the next few weeks.

Because of how it all lies, a defeat at Lang Park, and then wins at Pepper and ANZ get us into the finals. If we can flog the Panthers like we did at the start of the year, we have a great shot at the finals. If we lose more than one of the next three games, we're gone.

Dragsters

First Grade

I agree re Luc.

I hope Dufty doesn't make way to accommodate Aitken.

Saints can win this one

Team must turn up focused and treat every game from here on in as a grand final.

We have the attacking talent, we need to concentrate in defence and move up rather than wait for the Donkeys to come to us.

Hit them hard and often early.

Must play the ball fast and run hard. Selective off loads.

Saints by 8 in a thriller. Fire up Saintsssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!

Saints can win this one

Team must turn up focused and treat every game from here on in as a grand final.

We have the attacking talent, we need to concentrate in defence and move up rather than wait for the Donkeys to come to us.

Hit them hard and often early.

Must play the ball fast and run hard. Selective off loads.

Saints by 8 in a thriller. Fire up Saintsssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!

If they had turned up "focused" against the Knights, Bunnies and Raiders this wouldn't be our grand final, so don't count on that.