What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Back Page is an utter disgrace

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just watched them commenting on Hayne, and again Underwood compares it with An AFL debut. Seriously does she know anything else about sport other than that Mexican game.
Yes, her main sport is actually Netball, she is very knowledgeable on Tennis and Basketball too.

Does bring up VFL at any chance, she is a Victorian.

I watch it, just do a flick when they talk VFL.

bnie7349

Juniors
From memory, they vaguely criticized Essendon but Underwood quickly changed the discussion to predicting how many games Essendon will win this year. The Essendon criticism was no where near the level that Pierce received.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Yes, her main sport is actually Netball, she is very knowledgeable on Tennis and Basketball too.

Does bring up VFL at any chance, she is a Victorian.

I watch it, just do a flick when they talk VFL.

I switch too, i think they had some GWS player in a couple of weeks ago that was the end of that show for me. The annoying thing about Underwood, is she is touted as this expert sports journalist (on promos and the like) when she clearly knows her AFL, Netball, tennis and nothing else.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I watched tonight and they all including Underwood absolutely gave it to Essenbong...did not hold back. They gave it to NRL, no worse than the NRL360 or this forum on the Manly player smashing Bird late, and the touching ref stuff. Deserved.

bnie7349

Juniors
I watched tonight and they all including Underwood absolutely gave it to Essenbong...did not hold back. They gave it to NRL, no worse than the NRL360 or this forum on the Manly player smashing Bird late, and the touching ref stuff. Deserved.

Yeah I watched it too. The AFL defantly copped it more then the NRL did tonight, especially when they unleashed on the AFL about how they dealt with the Adam Goodes saga.

It's funny watching Underwood getting so revved up when Serena Williams is mentioned.

LESStar58

Referee
Poor Kelly Underwood. She needs a gig ever since she got the arse from the VFL broadcast for being utterly shit at calling it.

Patorick

Staff member
Poor Kelly Underwood. She needs a gig ever since she got the arse from the VFL broadcast for being utterly shit at calling it.
Yeah.

Working for the ABC and Fox isn't enough.

We need more of her award winning opinions (that just happen to be identical to editorial opinions published in the Daily Telegraph).

465942312-kelli-underwood-poses-with-the-award-for-gettyimages.jpg

Incorrect

Coach
Back Page related, not League related, but did anyone see Jack Newton on the show last night?? Did anyone else think he might have had a few cans in the dressing room before he was interviewed? I found it hard to sit through the segment and ended up changing the channel... not uncommon when watching the Back Page to be fair.

bnie7349

Juniors
Back Page related, not League related, but did anyone see Jack Newton on the show last night?? Did anyone else think he might have had a few cans in the dressing room before he was interviewed? I found it hard to sit through the segment and ended up changing the channel... not uncommon when watching the Back Page to be fair.

Yes I was thinking that as well. I'm not a fan of Golf so I don't know much about Newton but I was trying to figure out if he was on the cans or if that is how he is normally.

On another note, I found it funny how Underwood said "I don't find that funny at all" regarding Josh Reynolds touching Sezar's ass even though crash craddock had just explained that they are life long friends. But a few weeks ago, she was frothing over GWS players kissing each other on the cheek and said "they are good friends and it's good to see bromance on the field".

Classic double standards by underwood.

no name

Coach
Had it on in the background this arvo.

Crash just claimed that the Burgess tackle on Joe O would have got 6 weeks in AFL then showed an AFL bloke elbow an opponent who was laying on the ground in the back of the head. 2 week suspension.

Tiger5150

Bench

You do realise the guy has been hit in the head by a spinning plane propellor?

bnie7349

Juniors
Had it on in the background this arvo.

Crash just claimed that the Burgess tackle on Joe O would have got 6 weeks in AFL then showed an AFL bloke elbow an opponent who was laying on the ground in the back of the head. 2 week suspension.

Crash did say that but I don't think that was his opinion. I'm pretty sure he was just repeating what Gerard Whateley (The dickhead who hosts AFL 360 and Offsiders) said. I think Crash was taking the piss about the fact the AFL guy only got 2 weeks for it. Either way, its always funny watching AFL media personalities get called out on their hypocrisy, even if they are not a panelist on the Back Page.

AJB1102

First Grade
I can't get enough of when they call and AFL player "universally loved" or "universally respected". I'm in the only country that game is recognised and I've never heard of the f**ker.

Incorrect

Coach
You do realise the guy has been hit in the head by a spinning plane propellor?

Yes well aware of the fact he walked into a propeller. But I've heard him commentate golf for years and he has been a lot more articulate and measured in his speech than he was the night he was on the back page. Nothing to do with a propeller IMO

no name

Coach
Crash did say that but I don't think that was his opinion. I'm pretty sure he was just repeating what Gerard Whateley (The dickhead who hosts AFL 360 and Offsiders) said. I think Crash was taking the piss about the fact the AFL guy only got 2 weeks for it. Either way, its always funny watching AFL media personalities get called out on their hypocrisy, even if they are not a panelist on the Back Page.

Yeah, I should have pointed out that Crash said it was claimed by Whately.

taipan

Referee
Someone give me a swift uppercut.Watched the Slack Page tonight and it was an AFL lovefest once again.

Kelly Underwood going into raptures over some Newcastle guy playing for the Sydney Geese.
" Understand why AFL is the national code. He played x number of games at soccer as a junior,played x number at cricket and NRL junior rugby league,but he chose AFL."Gush ,gush,another non paid
commercial for fumble ball.

Then we get both her and the Ducks ambassador(Squires) who fronts the show, getting wetties over Barnie Franklin,with shots from their game.

Yes there was NRL mentioned Blair chicken wing,and the Internationals,criticism when warranted but no gushing.That misfit panelist Jules Verne(whatever) a fumbler fan,stated the Test was a bore.It may not have been riveting,but all these fumblers dominating and Crash is to PC IMO .
Panel Jules Verne,Bosnich,Squires,Underwood and Crash.Hardly rl experts.

Last edited: