What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Back Page is an utter disgrace

Perth Red

Post Whore
Someone give me a swift uppercut.Watched the Slack Page tonight and it was an AFL lovefest once again.

Kelly Underwood going into raptures over some Newcastle guy playing for the Sydney Geese.
" Understand why AFL is the national code. He played x number of games at soccer as a junior,played x number at cricket and NRL junior rugby league,but he chose AFL."Gush ,gush,another non paid
commercial for fumble ball.

Then we get both her and the Ducks ambassador(Squires) who fronts the show, getting wetties over Barnie Franklin,with shots from their game.

Yes there was NRL mentioned Blair chicken wing,and the Internationals,criticism when warranted but no gushing.That misfit panelist Jules Verne(whatever) a fumbler fan,stated the Test was a bore.It may not have been riveting,but all these fumblers dominating and Crash is to PC IMO .
Panel Jules Verne,Bosnich,Squires,Underwood and Crash.Hardly rl experts.

Yeh funny how they never mentioned Curtis Rona last year being from afl city and choosing RL and being joint top try scorer through the year. Then Again our own game doesn't promote players being developed in afl territory so can't really blame the media for not knowing.

And our own has been slating the test so again no surprise they are following our own commentators lead. They did talk very positively about the Samoa Tonga test.

Brutus

Referee
The only reason that Swans fumbler 'chose' AFL was they saw how talented he was at other sports then came over the top with huge wads of cash for him to join their 'academy'. He hadn't actually played fumbleball when they bought him. They just see a talented you sportsman and go bang! They know that kids can pick up their 'skilful' game with ease.

_snafu_

Immortal
The only reason that Swans fumbler 'chose' AFL was they saw how talented he was at other sports then came over the top with huge wads of cash for him to join their 'academy'. He hadn't actually played fumbleball when they bought him. They just see a talented you sportsman and go bang! They know that kids can pick up their 'skilful' game with ease.

I'm sure he could fumble a ball and fist a behind with the best of them.

Loved watching them fap on about AFL last night and Brandy as guest panellist had nfi - like the rest of us. And they had to explain it and he looked like a guy who couldn't have cared less.

Watched it 2-3 times now and still love it.

mozza91

Coach
Everyone commended the AFL on their response to yet another racist incident with their fans. I wonder if they'd have been so complimentary of the NRL in a similar instance?

Everyone commended the AFL on their response to yet another racist incident with their fans. I wonder if they'd have been so complimentary of the NRL in a similar instance?

No.

NRL could have the Dalai Lama or Mother Teresa doing wonderful things for the game and they'd still kick it in the guts.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yeah the AFL can sugar coat any scandal. They have pro spin doctors to turn things around & control the damage.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Same thing happened on Sky's Sports Tonight.

Apparently it was a great thing for the AFL because they handled it quickly. Yet Corey Norman signing a playing contract was a disgrace and he shouldn't have been able to sign a contract because he is suspended :rolleyes:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I recall the same thing happened in the AFL a few years ago and they said it was good the way AFL handled it, yet its happened again. And then you've got some kid who's probably about 8 or 9 giving the opposition the bird. I wonder what would've happened if it was the NRL. Alexander was probably thinking, WTF am I doing here??

They should've shown footage of the young Roosters fan who was swearing and then got told off by his mother.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Same thing happened on Sky's Sports Tonight.

Apparently it was a great thing for the AFL because they handled it quickly. Yet Corey Norman signing a playing contract was a disgrace and he shouldn't have been able to sign a contract because he is suspended :rolleyes:
that show is utter shit

the teeny bopper host is an AFL apologist

Harold Holt played aussie rules, apparently.

Why would Gallen mention porch lights, etc?

Comedian on the panel doesnt get the joke.

mozza91

Coach
Harold Holt played aussie rules, apparently.

Why would Gallen mention porch lights, etc?

Comedian on the panel doesnt get the joke.
Julian Schiller's a comedian? I guess there's hope for anyone. Maybe David Middleton could consider it as a career path.

Brutus

Referee
Adam Spencer bitter as about the Swans...lmfao.

The trendy Swans wanker had to have a dig at the speaking ability of rugby league players. Said he only watched 1 half of the NRL gf. Why put the stupid flog on the panel. Put people on the panel who watched both games. Squires shits me with all his Swans shit as well. Mainly because he gets gigs hosting RL shows and awards ceremonies.

Latest posts