Toronto Wolfpack in League 1

Discussion in 'North American Rugby League' started by deluded pom?, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Coastbloke

Coastbloke Bench

Slowly going are the days of play league see Wigan, play yawnion see the world..

Apart from his Australian clubs, Taylor has now been paid to play in the South of France and next year Canada. Soon another option may well be New York..

deluded pom? likes this.
  2. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Thats great!! They are definitely Super League quality players and i can understand why these guys are keen to try their hand in Canada. In their position, id take that offer in a second...

As far as i can see, the last piece they are missing is a great playmaker. You can understand why the top players arent keen to go to a second division team, but if they are promoted again next year hopefully they can snap up a decent half/hooker.

Imagine someone like Cam Smith heading over their to finish his career...

3. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Slowly but surely...

The only place RL seems to be stalling is in Australia.

4. Tigers1986

Tigers1986 Juniors

So basically everything people knew was going to happen, happened (Bradford relegated, Toronto walking League 1 for promotion). Should've swapped them at the start of the year.

5. latingringo101

latingringo101 Juniors

Well done to the Wolfpack, I know the RFL in recent years have copied criticism for various reasons, but allowing a Canadian team into their competition structure is one of the best decisions they've ever made.

6. Hello, I'm The Doctor

It does give them a legitimacy to be there and a better story once they arrive...

7. Sjrugby

Sjrugby Juniors

I loves listening to the League 1 show, but since the wolfpack are moving up is there any recommendations for a podcast that covers the champions league ?

With the confirmation of a 2nd Canada team and hopefully a USA based team I'll still listen to league 1.