What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We should have kept forward Nathan Brown

callmack1

Staff member
Callmack my name is only on Fantasy for those purposes and shouldn't be taken out of there!!!!!!!!!!

I feel hurt by Diego here!!!!!!

I Callmack wouldn't start publicising his name on here.

I don't stoop to those levels Callmack. That's not who I am as a person!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel he is trying to wind me up again!!!!!!

I'm upset by it!!!!!!!!!
Fair enough. That's too far Diego

callmack1

Staff member
If the bullying continues Callmack from them, I will have to report it!!!!!!!

Thanks for having my back Callmack.

As I said when Diego is unreasonable guys like BR let him get away with it!!!!!

If the trouble continues as well, I will have no other option but to pull out of Fantasy!!!!!!
Always got your back gee.

You have to acknowledge you've been a bit silly lately though.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
60505050.jpg

Rabbits20

Immortal
In post 74 on here Diego says at least Clark and Tyrrell are consistent.

I can't stop laughing Shadow and alien...........

Consistently bad would rather be correct wouldn't you say guys???

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's odd though whenever I go on Facebook Rabbitohs posts people are usually pretty adamant about dropping players like Clark, tyrell and turner but on here it's a whole different story. I'm not just talking about a few people either whenever I see comments about dropping them they usually have 200-300 likes. I don't think R20 lies when he talks about a lot of members having the same views as him. It seems a lot of members feel that Madge isn't making the right selection calls.
Correctamundo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths were hated bigly on LU before R20 was even on here. There is no doubt that people are envious of Souths having the most premierships - People will deny it though. If it was another club who had the most premierships then that club would be very hated too.
Spot on.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's easy to say we should have kept brown and got rid of Tyrell and clark. But both of those players are cheaper squad players, brown would have been looking for a pay bump and more of an assurance he'll be in first grade.
Shortly before brown signed with parra there were rumours Souths were trying to offload Tom Burgess. Maybe if we were successful we could have kept brown.
I'd rather get rid of Tom for brown then get rid clark and tyrrell brown. At least Tyrrell and clark are consistent, always do their jobs, have a great attitude.
LMAO at Tyrrell and Clark consistent!!!!

alien

Referee
I'd prefer Brown over 1 of the twins. Players like Clark and Turner are fine to have in the 25 - 30 man squad (used as back up players), but if they are getting paid more than $175,000 a season then that is bad salary cap management!

alien

Referee
You have a bit of an idea how salary cap management works R20 from playing NRL Fantasy. If you spend too much on your squad players who are expected to be outside of the top 17, then your top 17 isn't going to be as strong as a lot of other teams.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd prefer Brown over 1 of the twins. Players like Clark and Turner are fine to have in the 25 - 30 man squad (used as back up players), but if they are getting paid more than $175,000 a season then that is bad salary cap management!
We should have let go both Turner and Clark to keep Brown. .!........

8. Tom
9. Farah
10. Brown
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Sam

14. Cook
15. Fui
16. Musgrove
17. George

18. Cherrington
19. Rochow
20. Murray

Greinke
Tyrrell
Gosiewski
Talakai
Rudolf

You know I'm right alien....

Looks fine to me.

3 back up forwards that are better than Turner and Clark. .!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
You have a bit of an idea how salary cap management works R20 from playing NRL Fantasy. If you spend too much on your squad players who are expected to be outside of the top 17, then your top 17 isn't going to be as strong as a lot of other teams.
Read above!!!!!!!!!!!!

alien

Referee
We should have let go both Turner and Clark to keep Brown. .!........

It might not have been enough though. If Turner and Clark are on around $200,000 per year each (guessing), that's only around $400,000. Brown is probably on more than $400,000 at Parra, and you would still need to spend 1 minimum wage on another player (at least a minimum wage) to fill the squad of 25 players (at the time), because you're replacing 2 players with 1

Rabbits20

Immortal
It might not have been enough though. If Turner and Clark are on around $200,000 per year each (guessing), that's only around $400,000. Brown is probably on more than $400,000 at Parra, and you would still need to spend 1 minimum wage on another player (at least a minimum wage) to fill the squad of 25 players (at the time), because you're replacing 2 players with 1
If Brown was on 150k with us that's added onto the 400 which is 550.

Cmon alien, it was poor management on our part. Just ask Shadow!!!!.....

As I said:

8. Tom
9. Farah
10. Brown
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Sam

14. Cook
15. Fui
16. Musgrove
17. George

18. Cherrington
19. Rochow
20. Murray
21. Tyrrell
22. Talakai
23. Jennings
24. Burns
25. Kelly

alien

Referee
If Brown was on 150k with us that's added onto the 400 which is 550.

Cmon alien, it was poor management on our part. Just ask Shadow!!!!.....
I don't know how much he was on at Souths, or how much he is on at Parra, but I reckon he is on at least $600,000 per year at Parra. Getting rid of Clark and Turner might not have been enough, unless we are paying Clark and Turner overs big league! Remember you had to have a squad of 25 players (30 from next year) so you would have to replace Turner and Clark with at least minimum wage players too, and the minimum wage was around $85,000. Minimum wage might be $100,000 starting from next season. I definitely would have loved to keep Brown though but not sure if just getting rid of Turner and Clark would have made that possible.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know how much he was on at Souths, or how much he is on at Parra, but I reckon he is on at least $600,000 per year at Parra. Getting rid of Clark and Turner might not have been enough, unless we are paying Clark and Turner overs big league! Remember you had to have a squad of 25 players (30 from next year) so you would have to replace Turner and Clark with at least minimum wage players too, and the minimum wage was around $85,000. Minimum wage might be $100,000 starting from next season. I definitely would have loved to keep Brown though but not sure if just getting rid of Turner and Clark would have made that possible.
I reckon it would have been enough.

I reckon Parra are paying Brown about 450-500k alien and no more than that.

Say he was on 150 with us then add on Turner and Clark and I reckon we had enough.

If not we should've sent Tyrrell or Nielsen packing as well!!!!! Just ask Shadow!!!!

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't know how much he was on at Souths, or how much he is on at Parra, but I reckon he is on at least $600,000 per year at Parra. .

Not to be a blow in, but try somewhere in the area of half that.....which is why we are already working to extend him despite his deal running into next year. If he comes off contract with the deal he is on, we'll struggle to keep him.

Latest posts