What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Wests Tigers are most vulnerable"

Could be a good point...

I would like to see them punt ANZ and play some games at Parra when built... Maybe have a half and half with Cambo.. The problem is if you make that permanent it always feels like you are playing at someone else's home ground though at Parra... .

Seems a definite reluctance of other teams to use Parra.

I said way back in the stadium process that it was a mistake to build it in one teams home territory, should've been neutral ground. Too late now.

Real shame that a quality stadium is again going to be under-utilised. We seem to never learn.

M2D2

Bench
Wests Ashfield own majority so we are fine in that department as of now and I'm not sure if you are aware but maybe the richest man in Australia has something to do with the Tigers...

ffs this is where people twist stories - yes we've had terrible, terrible management in the past but we have since ridden that and brought in an entire new board (yes, a complete rebuild from the bottom to the very top)

We will battle out this year then come out next year basically a brand new football team with all the right tools to build a competitive future.
53747566.jpg

Man you tigpies fans are deluded as f**k.
You cant even accept that your back of house has been f**ked for so long that you are still paying for mistakes, letting your best players leave year in year out.
While also claiming youll get 20k averages which would require you to sell out all C-town, leichy matches you play, as well as more than 20k to go to ANZ matches you play, which isnt fairly likely when teams like the Dogs or Souths which have bigger support than the tigers are sub 15k
But no way you are currently the most vulnerable Sydney club. Nope.

Cronulla & Souths were seen as the first teams to drop for many many years.
Souths got away from it.
Cronulla got away from it.
Its your turn. Youll either get away from it or not.
Maybe St George with its fractured doust vs the wollongong board bullshit will overtake you.
Maybe NRL will look and the manly shenanigans going on with its board and go "youre f**ked"
But dont fool yourself in thinking you arent the most vulnerable at the moment, Because you are.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It will never happen in a million years but if I was in charge I would merge the Chooks and Souths.

Obvious reasons, Geographically + crowds + juniorbase

Plus it would be funny as shit seeing their fans blow up

Clifferd

Coach
53747566.jpg

Man you tigpies fans are deluded as f**k.
You cant even accept that your back of house has been f**ked for so long that you are still paying for mistakes, letting your best players leave year in year out.
While also claiming youll get 20k averages which would require you to sell out all C-town, leichy matches you play, as well as more than 20k to go to ANZ matches you play, which isnt fairly likely when teams like the Dogs or Souths which have bigger support than the tigers are sub 15k
But no way you are currently the most vulnerable Sydney club. Nope.

Cronulla & Souths were seen as the first teams to drop for many many years.
Souths got away from it.
Cronulla got away from it.
Its your turn. Youll either get away from it or not.
Maybe St George with its fractured doust vs the wollongong board bullshit will overtake you.
Maybe NRL will look and the manly shenanigans going on with its board and go "youre f**ked"
But dont fool yourself in thinking you arent the most vulnerable at the moment, Because you are.

I'm convinced you have an iq that is of the single digits

I'll admit we have been a rabble for years and last year I would have agreed 100% but as of now...

You fail to recognise the outliers yet you bash on about previous management failures - whom which I will repeat for the 3rd time are long gone.

We have removed all the cancer from the club (barring Tedesco, we'll miss the f**k out of him) and are at the start of a complete rebuild. Yes we are a rabble of all proportions on the field, which I assume that's all you're pointing towards lol.

We will have 5 players that are currently playing in our team now next year, yes 5.

As for the averages...in 2005 09, 10,11

We got 19.4k, 18.9k, 18k and 18.5k respectively and regularly sold out our home grounds...so how is it out of the picture provided we have success?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
So the NRL is going to hand over to their biggest rival

All the western suburbs from Balmain to Campbelltown, to a team wearing orange..

Couldnt make this shit up..

We just need to have a plan for 2022... to have 2 more teams with 1 more game a week..

Probably Perth and Bris 2

We need about $50M a year to pay for these 2, can we get $250M more on the next broadcast deal to cover it... yes based on previous years...

Clifferd

Coach
So the NRL is going to hand over to their biggest rival

All the western suburbs from Balmain to Campbelltown, to a team wearing orange..

Couldnt make this shit up..

We just need to have a plan for 2022... to have 2 more teams with 1 more game a week..

Probably Perth and Bris 2

We need about $50M a year to pay for these 2, can we get $250M more on the next broadcast deal to cover it... yes based on previous years...

It's the rothfield way of thinking. I don't know if he even thought of the repercussions that could eventuate, I just think he hates the tigers

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
All the NRL has to do is get the draw correct, you can have 15-17k crowds in this country that look good on TV... u just need a very strategic draw and some key regional venues.. to take up the slack

M2D2

Bench
I'm convinced you have an iq that is of the single digits

I'll admit we have been a rabble for years and last year I would have agreed 100% but as of now...

You fail to recognise the outliers yet you bash on about previous management failures - whom which I will repeat for the 3rd time are long gone.

We have removed all the cancer from the club (barring Tedesco, we'll miss the f**k out of him) and are at the start of a complete rebuild. Yes we are a rabble of all proportions on the field, which I assume that's all you're pointing towards lol.

We will have 5 players that are currently playing in our team now next year, yes 5.

As for the averages...in 2005 09, 10,11

We got 19.4k, 18.9k, 18k and 18.5k respectively and regularly sold out our home grounds...so how is it out of the picture provided we have success?
You still have ALOT of the same bad board members and HEAD of that board which has had clashes with former players. You are NOT out of the bad waters yet. Nowhere near. You claiming that they are long gone. Considering these problems were still going on THIS YEAR. No, they arent long gone.
Cronulla needed the ENTIRE BOARD removed TWICE before they fully got away from all their shit. You still have some of the same board from all the crap in the last few years let alone THIS year.
You still have ALOT of cancer left, the idea that the players leaving or players that were removed last year as the cancer is as deluded as the idea that you arent the most vulnerable sydney club.
Why wont you reach 20k
Because 1. Leichy/C-town is sub 20k capacity
2. have a look at the last few years attendances in regards to ANZ stadium let ALONE NRL on the whole due to Channel 9 making the game more with TV in mind rather than crowds such as...
3. The addition of Thursday night & friday 6pm games rather than the Saturday/Sunday arvo games that were PLENTY in years gone by

Buzz is a dickhead of the highest order, even sharks fans dont like him.
But hes right, as it stands you are the most vulnerable Sydney club whether you want to accept that or not.

ed-grimley

Bench
16 is the magic number when it comes to NRL teams it seems. That moron said that two Sydney teams would have to go to accommodate Perth and a second Brisbane team.

Clifferd

Coach
Can you please tell me how we are most vulnerable, disregarding on field results for a second

We have just had the highest growth percentage membership wise this year out of every Sydney team by quite some margin

The cancer is gone, out the door, bye bye.

Paul Kent even said the Tigers would probably be the worst team to kick out of the comp as we cover a lot of corridors

hutch

First Grade
Why are the tigers so committed to concord as a training base? Seems so much more upside to being based at Campbelltown. Is it just so the Balmain fans don't get annoyed?

The majority of players prefer living in the inner west and concord is central.

I actually think the home ground split is ideal. Balmain brought the majority of fans to the joint venture and Leichhardt holds onto RL tradition, anz should be used against big Sydney teams and Campbelltown is a huge growth area. I agree we need more of a presence in the south west though.

I would like to see them eventually to be based in Sydney Olympic park, taking gws' facility would be ideal.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Every year a rumour comes out that they are considering relocating the team currently coming last at that time. Weren't the Knights moving to Perth last year?

They always do this moronic shit on a slow news day. Sad merkins.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Frankly he comes to the right conclusions for completely the wrong reasons.

He doesn't go far enough, removing one club from Sydney isn't going to do sh!t to fix the problem of over saturation and Sydney-centricity that we have, at least 3 need to go over the next 30 or so years for any substantial improvement to occur.
He doesn't provide any plan as to which clubs will be removed and why, or the plans he has to support the regions that the clubs leave behind.
And he should give up on re-locations, they're extremely expensive, take a long time to provide a return, and work best with a complete re-brand (which would defeat the purpose in the NRL's case). Re-locations are only sensible in very rare circumstances, relegation and replacement is a much better model.

Latest posts