What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Wests Tigers are most vulnerable"

taipan

Referee
Wests are just as important to Western Sydney as Parra and Penrith are.

Only difference is we aren't winning ATM

Probably as important in Sydney,in some cases more important than some due to the huge growth area in SW Sydney,the new Airport.That's where the young families are heading.
That's where any sport worth its salt,goes and develops and indeed grows.

taipan

Referee
No Tigers in the competition and I won't be watching. How the f**k am I supposed to support another team when I equally hate all other 15 teams as much as each other and their s**t players.

IMO no chance of WT going.The fact you are a merged entity ,the area you cover has increased massively and ditto the fanbase would have as a result.
You just need a decent stadium (ANZ reconfigured),Campbelltown with better facilities and a better performing team, and you guys would kill it.
BTW I don't hate other teams and their players, I am far more tolerant, I detest them LOL.

TheFrog

Coach
If you are a player, you generally try to live somewhere close to your home base.

Would you rather be living in Campbelltown or concord?
Half an hour south from Campbelltown sounds nice.

Wests are just as important to Western Sydney as Parra and Penrith are.
Parramatta and Penrith have grown up in their districts from the time they were first formed. Wests Tigers, on the other hand, are an entity that grew from two clubs both located within 8km of Central station, which has been subsequently semi-planted into Western Sydney in a rather half arsed way. All deserve to survive provided they are solvent, although I can see a Parra-Penrith merge happening not too far into the future.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Probably as important in Sydney,in some cases more important than some due to the huge growth area in SW Sydney,the new Airport.That's where the young families are heading.
That's where any sport worth its salt,goes and develops and indeed grows.

Exactly right. It's scary to think journos with the smarts of my left toe have the power to persuade an entire audience to think otherwise (kicking WT out of the comp is a good idea)

TheFrog

Coach
obviously the Bears died eventually but they weren't cut.
There was never any intention to cut the Bears, who were quite successful on-field in the '90s, but they went broke and were forced to enter into an unholy and completely lopsided alliance with Satan in the form of Manly. The Panthers were set to be cut (along with the Rabbitohs) until this happened, an even more short sighted decision.

Clifferd

Coach
Half an hour south from Campbelltown sounds nice.

Parramatta and Penrith have grown up in their districts from the time they were first formed. Wests Tigers, on the other hand, are an entity that grew from two clubs both located within 8km of Central station, which has been subsequently semi-planted into Western Sydney in a rather half arsed way. All deserve to survive provided they are solvent, although I can see a Parra-Penrith merge happening not too far into the future.

I think a parra Penrith merger would have worked before, however too late. Although with the new western Sydney stadium who knows...

Front-Rower

First Grade
IMO no chance of WT going.The fact you are a merged entity ,the area you cover has increased massively and ditto the fanbase would have as a result.
You just need a decent stadium (ANZ reconfigured),Campbelltown with better facilities and a better performing team, and you guys would kill it.
BTW I don't hate other teams and their players, I am far more tolerant, I detest them LOL.

I don't believe we are going anywhere either. Our culture has always been a problem with our lack of success especially the mates first mantra and sandwiches club however Cleary, Pascoe and the board are slowly turning this around.

Tiger5150

Bench
Kinda funny to see the media turn on the Tigpies after sucking their dicks for so long.

Exactly and it is cyclical. Hoping that the massive changes the club & Cleary are implementing will make us competitive in the short term (2018) and hopefully successful in next 3 years. Media will find a new whipping boy.

I think Souffs will need to zip up if they cant get their act together soon.

adamkungl

Immortal
How do Tigers fans feel about their local identity/what area they represent?
Are most happy being split between the inner west and the south west or should the club focus it's resources more on one?

As an outsider I'd give Leichhardt the flick for all except 1 game a year, play 8 at C-town, and the top 3 draws at new-Parra.

Clifferd

Coach
How do Tigers fans feel about their local identity/what area they represent?
Are most happy being split between the inner west and the south west or should the club focus it's resources more on one?

As an outsider I'd give Leichhardt the flick for all except 1 game a year, play 8 at C-town, and the top 3 draws at new-Parra.

I'm pretty much with you

Focus on one area, the SW Sydney area. Play the traditional 1 or 2 games at Leicharddt against low drawing teams (Melbourne, Titans, warriors etc)

Play our big drawing games at the new stadium / Easter Monday with parra continues at anz

That should leave about 6-7 games at Campbelltown (plus it's closer for me anyway haha)

Some may not agree but if we are to move forward this is the best option

Last edited: